Page 2 of 2
treborillusion
UG Fanatic
3,126 IQ
This is why I don't trust those cheap and cheerful guitars... Some day down the line, the weight and everything, is gonna **** you up/give you arthritis and sh*t plus, they don't sound as good.
Quote by laid-to-waste
look nigga, if you're chillin with 5 bros and 2 hos, you're gonna wanna pay attention to all of em equally. not moon over the hos forever and laugh at every shitty thing they say and just stare at them all night, like some of my mates do.
OddOneOut
UG's Essex Girl
175 IQ
Quote by gui8tar
You missed my point....
Whats keeping your back straight up? Your spine? NO your muscles witch can strain if you keep wight on them.

Actually, by keeping your back straight the weight is transferred down through your spine and onto your hips, the way your body is designed to bear loads. All weight should always be centered on your hips, not your back or shoulders. By hunching over you are straining the connections between each bone which can lead to damage.

Try bending at the knees whilst keeping your back straight to give you a more stable base, when you are playing guitar. Core strength exercises are also essential for keeping good posture.

You have to force yourself into the correct posture if your guitar is making you hunch over. You have to resist that. Correcting your posture in such situations is a conscious effort.
Quote by Renka
OddOneOut is an Essex S&M mistress and not a pirate or a computer program.

treborillusion
UG Fanatic
3,126 IQ
From what I heard, it's not your back anyway, but actually your shoulder muscles; like everything though, this can be resolved with stretching... You could think I'm a fag for stretching, I really don't care, but that's your answer.
Stretch your upper back and shoulders and chest and stuff.
Quote by laid-to-waste
look nigga, if you're chillin with 5 bros and 2 hos, you're gonna wanna pay attention to all of em equally. not moon over the hos forever and laugh at every shitty thing they say and just stare at them all night, like some of my mates do.
treborillusion
UG Fanatic
3,126 IQ

Me, Gibson Les Paul, Long Strap... All my guitar playing life, which is pretty much 12/13 years now, has almost always been with a long strap; Like that. ^
Quote by laid-to-waste
IRISH_PUNK13
Whoomit's campaign dude
2,151 IQ
15lbs? Is it made out of concrete?

I guess you could always try to do what Steve Albini does.
Quote by L2112Lif
I put a ton of my capital into SW Airlines... The next day, THE NEXT DAY these nutters fly into the WTC. What the hell? Apparently no one wanted to fly anymore, and I was like "What gives? God damnit Osama, let me win a fuggin' game!"
0RI0N
174 IQ
Get a lighter guitar?
Let's not bicker and argue about who killed who...
Quote by Necrophagist777
I'm ORION, LORD OF EVIL, give me your soul and breathe in my darkness.

YOU WILL NOT ENJOY THIS......
╭∩╮( º.º )╭∩╮
Spaztikko
2,246 IQ
Quote by treborillusion

Me, Gibson Les Paul, Long Strap... All my guitar playing life, which is pretty much 12/13 years now, has almost always been with a long strap; Like that. ^

That's just silly.
rockingamer2
Larmarky Remark
408 IQ
Quote by treborillusion

Is he trying to limbo?
^^The above is a Cryptic Metaphor^^

"To know the truth of history is to realize its ultimate myth and its inevitable ambiguity." Everything is made up and the facts don't matter.

MUSIC THEORY LINK
Last edited by rockingamer2 at Nov 28, 2012,
King Donkey
yes
777 IQ
Yeah heavy guitars are terrible. One of the reasons I like basswood is because of how light it is.
West Ham United