ixshadowz
357 IQ
i have learnt heaps of solos in the past by my band is gonna start writing music soon and i wanna know i write one and how to use scales to make solos.
ixshadowz
357 IQ
Quote by calnix
You can start off with a google search on 'how to write a guitar solo'.

yeah but i was hoping some other guitarist who use this site could help
dudebud
Kid A.Lo
521 IQ
if you are any good at figuring notes out by ear, a good technique is to "sing a solo" using your voice. naturally vibe with the tune - record your wordless vocal line and figure out the notes on your guitar.
2005 PRS McCarty (20th Anniversary Edition)
Custom 67' Tele w/Bigsby
Gibson Les Paul Double Cut Standard
Larivee Acoustic
Fractal Audio Axe Fx II
Apogee Ensemble
Yamaha HS80s
food1010
Bassist
1,660 IQ
Quote by dudebud
if you are any good at figuring notes out by ear, a good technique is to "sing a solo" using your voice. naturally vibe with the tune - record your wordless vocal line and figure out the notes on your guitar.
Yep, this is the way to do it.

Really, you want anything that you write to come from your head, not just your fingers. Learning scales helps your ear a lot, but that alone won't help you write a good solo.
Only play what you hear. If you don’t hear anything, don’t play anything.
-Chick Corea
KG6_Steven
Eats ponies for breakfast
3,161 IQ
Quote by ixshadowz
i have learnt heaps of solos in the past by my band is gonna start writing music soon and i wanna know i write one and how to use scales to make solos.

Ok, so you can copy the solos on a CD. That's the first step of learning how to make your own solos. Do you know your scales?