Page 2 of 2
I'm not saying all were doing law, but as below

Quote by CoreysMonster
...applying yourself and being good at what you do gets you a job....

How does naedauuf know if MH400 applies himself so much?

naedauuf saw Uni - Law degree and assumed great job
Quote by lambofgod127
btw im in hs and im almost 18 so if u do think she was flirting with me dont say that its wrong im almost a grown man.

༼ ▀̿Ĺ̯▀̿ ̿ ༽ WE ARE ROB ༼ ▀̿Ĺ̯▀̿ ̿ ༽
Quote by Jack Off Jill
I've got every Simpsons DVD and a fridge full of bacon. I'm happy.

it's the little things amirite?
your post about losing dreams is true though, they are eventually just that, only dreams.

also did you notice i have a friend whose user name is Wendell Hamilton?
If you do something right, no one will know you've done anything at all

Proud to be called Best Friends with Pastafarian96
Yep. 20 is when it hit me too. That's the ball starting to roll downhill right there. Your school shit starts piling up, getting real serious, then you gotta start looking for a real job, then you work your ass up the ladder. Then you get married, have kids, get a 50 year mortgage on a house. By the time you have a job, you're lost about half of your soul. Wife and kids will chew up the other half in time.
Quote by Harvey Swick
it's the little things amirite?
your post about losing dreams is true though, they are eventually just that, only dreams.

also did you notice i have a friend whose user name is Wendell Hamilton?

No, but I love that you do. I need to buy a new copy of the book sometime. Though I've bought it probably five different times in my life. Lately I've been trying to build up a nice library for the baby, but my god books have gotten expensive. Perhaps I should steal them in order to provide TS with work.

I mean, who in the hell decided a Dr Seuss book should cost fifteen bucks? Do you know how many teeth a four year old has to lose to pay for that?
Quote by vintage x metal
I love you =] I can't say I was very fond of you when we first started talking because you trolled the hell out of my threads, but after talking to you here I've grown very attached to you.

Yeah, write to my fanclub about it, honey.
Last edited by Jack Off Jill at Nov 28, 2012,
Quote by Jack Off Jill
No, but I love that you do. I need to buy a new copy of the book sometime. Though I've bought it probably five different times in my life. Lately I've been trying to build up a nice library for the baby, but my god books have gotten expensive. Perhaps I should steal them in order to provide TS with work.

I mean, who in the hell decided a Dr Seuss book should cost fifteen bucks? Do you know how many teeth a four year old has to lose to pay for that?

i also went through numerous copies of that book. mostly because i read it so much the binding fell apart and i lost all the pages, but the pages with illustrations that fell out of the hardcover version made nice little posters for my walls.

Quote by metalblaster
Yep. 20 is when it hit me too. That's the ball starting to roll downhill right there. Your school shit starts piling up, getting real serious, then you gotta start looking for a real job, then you work your ass up the ladder. Then you get married, have kids, get a 50 year mortgage on a house. By the time you have a job, you're lost about half of your soul. Wife and kids will chew up the other half in time.

Shit's getting deep
Quote by Harvey Swick
i also went through numerous copies of that book. mostly because i read it so much the binding fell apart and i lost all the pages, but the pages with illustrations that fell out of the hardcover version made nice little posters for my walls.

The nice thing about being an adult? I'm going to buy a signed copy of that book right now.
Quote by vintage x metal
I love you =] I can't say I was very fond of you when we first started talking because you trolled the hell out of my threads, but after talking to you here I've grown very attached to you.

Quote by Jack Off Jill
The nice thing about being an adult? I'm going to buy a signed copy of that book right now.

you are peanut butter and i am jelly.
PM me some pics if you can!

Quote by slash_GNR666
You know what else sucks?

Your mother.

Anyway, im 25, got a job (Yeah the pay sucks but it's money) got bills, and some little debts but nothing to worry about.

Been married 3 years, daughter is nearly 2. Life ain't that bad also I get to play on the PS3 almost everynight.

While you don't have a wife (dunno about gf?) or kids my best advice is, if you can, save up whatever money you can.

If I could go back and save I would do and wouldn't go out (at least not as much)pissing it up the walls or on a friends floor.

Jesus, so much this. I'm 26 with a house and a long term partner. If I'd not been such a waster when I was younger, I'd have a nicer house, car, money for holidays etc.
Quote by GLP_Arclite
Pooping is well good though, to be fair.

I've got a handle on the fiction.

I'm losing my grip, 'cos I'm losing my fingers.
Quote by metacarpi
Jesus, so much this. I'm 26 with a house and a long term partner. If I'd not been such a waster when I was younger, I'd have a nicer house, car, money for holidays etc.

I'd have an Orange amplifier.
Quote by vintage x metal

Quote by Jack Off Jill
I'd have an Orange amplifier.

Don't give up on your dreams!

Quote by GLP_Arclite
Pooping is well good though, to be fair.

I've got a handle on the fiction.

I'm losing my grip, 'cos I'm losing my fingers.
Quote by metalblaster

No law forces you to get married and have kids, you know.
Also, I guess things here are a bit different (Europe - Italy) but i'm almost 25 years old and just 1 of my high school friends has got married (and we were 24 folks in the class).
Quote by metacarpi
Don't give up on your dreams!

I have the money for one, but I can't convince myself to buy one anymore. If this was two years ago, I would have. The really weird thing is that I'm not hard up for cash and still feel like I should sell all my pedals and amps cause I don't use them as much.
Quote by vintage x metal

Last edited by Jack Off Jill at Nov 28, 2012,
Quote by Pitwulf
The problem I am having atm is all of these second thoughts. My current study is not what I expected and I can't imagine myself (happily) doing this shit everyday till I'm 65 years old. My Dad says that's normal but I wan't to actually make something of this life you know?

Of course my real passion is music; writing it, playing it etc. But I just cannot seem to find a band to play with. Even if I could, I barely have any spare time on my hands. And I don't want to drop out like my brother did and be kind of a dissapointment to my family.

The fact that I have no gf just makes shit even more depressing

Things used to be alot simpler. Man I sound old

Your situation sounds like an exact replica of my situation, except I don't mind my career path its more the people who I have to be around daily gets to me big time.
You forgot about your own body kicking your own ass.
Quote by joshua garcia
I was incredibly drunk and only really remember writing a fanfic where ESP was getting porked by a pony.

Quote by guitar0player
I'd honestly fap to anything with a set of genitals as long as I find it aesthetically appealing.
I liked being a kid, then I turned 18 and started hating life and all that growing up shit, now I'm 20 and I'm a stupid kid hating life. What happens when you're stupid and you hate? You destroy. I find the concept of destroying something beautiful invigorating.

I want to destroy my college course then destroy my physics degree then for the rest of my life destroy all the shitty parts of me that make me hate my self and self perpetuate this feeling of hatey destroyingness.

I think the last bit is called 'self improvement'

>Wanna be independant
<Don't wanna have responsibilities
>Wanna stop being a little bitch
<Don't wanna grow up

What do
Last edited by KiLLSWiTCH-KnoT at Nov 28, 2012,
Why should you worry about getting married? The odds that you'll get divorced sooner or later are quite damn high anyway. Getting a gf is another thing though. Just realized I'll be 20 in four months and still never have had a relationship. That bad?
You're only 20, why do you HAVE to worry about finding someone to marry? Or provide for kids? You need to take a step back and breathe, you're still young.

I'd hate to go back to being a kid again.
I'm gonna be 22 in January. I still got a little over 2 years to finish my degree. I live with my mom. And you know what? I'll live with my mom as long as I have to. I don't care if I end up in my 30s. Once I got my finances in order, maybe I'll leave.

Marriage and kids? Good lord. F that S. I wanna be single as long as possible. You can still **** up in your 20s. Try some blow, fight a bear, take a piss on the Alamo, go to Canada. Big deal, you're still young, it's okay to mess up a little bit. But messing up any later than that ain't so clever.

I see some friends on my Facebook getting married and having kids. They look happy, but when I talk to them they "subtly" mention how they feel like they've wasted their youth.

Growing up only sucks as much you want it to.
Growing up is actually something I enjoy. Yeah, it's not all sunshine, but what is? I'm looking forward to kids and a family. I'm also enjoying some of my hobbies, like music and computer programming.
Just think soon you'll be dead. In 30-40 short years.
Let's not bicker and argue about who killed who...
Quote by Necrophagist777
I'm ORION, LORD OF EVIL, give me your soul and breathe in my darkness.

YOU WILL NOT ENJOY THIS......
╭∩╮( º.º )╭∩╮
Only 1 alternative to growing older and it sucks.

8 more years and I retire and say fuck off responsibilities!!!!!
Quote by SomeoneYouKnew
You should be careful what you say. Some asshole will probably sig it.

Quote by Axelfox
Yup, a girl went up to me in my fursuit one time.

Quote by Xiaoxi
I can fap to this. Keep going.
I'm 21 and I still feel like a kid. I don't think I'll be a responsible adult any time soon, but I'd like to have a job.

Seems to me like there isn't much for our generation to look forward to.
Quote by CoreysMonster
I am baffled that that's even possible.

I've done it.

EDIT: I miss my teenage years. It was a time when it was clear what I wanted and what was making me unhappy. Now there's just an ambiguous feeling of uncertainty that haunts me for no particular reason.
Last edited by sashki at Nov 28, 2012,
Page 2 of 2