redandwhite12
red and also white
1,395 IQ
Sooooo today I was downtown waitin' for the bus. The depot , like most others, is kinda of a dirty place with strip clubs and grimy bars surrounding it. A homeless guy approached me , which is not super unusual, and asked me for some money because he had no house. This is a major issue because the weather is getting progressively colder with this morning being -12. I gave him like 4 bucks.

Now where I feel guilty is he drunkenly stumbled over to me and was clearly quiet drunk already. It was 11:00.

I usually give money to anybody who needs it but i've never seen someone quite this strung out. His eyes were yellowing. I'm not sure how i should feel about giving him money.

What would you have done if you saw an already drunk homeless man asking for money?
Krieger91
I Sold The World
4,001 IQ
It goes two ways...I'd feel guilty not giving him the money but I'd stop myself just 'cause I know he's going to spend it on alcohol.
Never imagine yourself not to be otherwise than what it might appear to others that what you were or might have been was not otherwise than what you had been would have appeared to them to be otherwise
metal4eva_22
PonyFan #376121
890 IQ
Wanna give me some money as well, TS?
-The Crimson Fucker, aka PonyFan #376121
whywefight
~I'm not fuckin around~
1,725 IQ
This thread seems relevant... I need some change for the bus. Does anyone have some.... change? Just a little change?
SkepsisMetal
✈ 🍁
1,468 IQ
Had this the other day, except it was a guy smoking what smelled like bad quality crack though it probably wasn't...being rolled in a thin paper.
Just said I don't have money to give you, which in itself isn't a lie, and got on my bus.
guitarninjaruy
UG Newbie
64 IQ
I would ignore him, if he wasn't dressed as a geisha, then I would give him some money.
JoeFlips
✯✯✯
1,395 IQ
Quote by Krieger91
I'd stop myself just 'cause I know he's going to spend it on alcohol.

This.

If someone looks like there making an honest effort to get by(i.e. not drunk, smoking, or smelling like the whacky weed), then I'd think about giving. If they are, you can be pretty certain that they'll spend it on drugs/alcohol, which is probably what made them homeless to begin with.

That guy who wears ski jackets in the summer and looks like he's being attacked by an invisible swarm of bees, that's the guy I give my change to.
⫷⫸⫷⫸⫷⫸⫷⫸⫷⫸⫷⫸⫷⫸⫷⫸⫷⫸⫷⫸
Airline 3P Deluxe
Gibson SG Special w/ SD 59's
Victoria MIJ 60's Electric Guitar
Martin DCX1E
Hughes & Kettner Tubemeister 18
Bunch of Pedals
Squier Vintage Modified Jaguar
jjfeu662
Celestia
1,996 IQ
Ask him for change.
Tomorrow will take us away
Far from home
No one will ever know our names
But the bards' songs will remain
Tomorrow will take it away
The fear of today
It will be gone
Due to our magic songs

ALL HAIL CELESTIA
Weaponized
Creaky
1,756 IQ
I think giving money to homeless is in the top ten thread topics posted in the pit.
Quote by Neo Evil11 at #33611170
If she is poor then she is a fucking idiot despite being an atheist.

last.fm
crazysam23_Atax
Feuergesicht
5,710 IQ
I'd just tell him I didn't have any cash, which is usually true. You could just say you can't afford to give him any.
theguitarist
I closed your thread.
1,293 IQ
I had a guy say he needed money to get to the other side of town. I was in a rush and wasn't in a bad enough mood to ignore him and he seemed genuine, so I gave him £2.

The same guy, two days later, in the same place, came up to me and gave me the same story. This time he looked zoned out though.

Best one was last week I think. A guy came up to me asking for any change for taxi money as he needed to get to a hospital. He then pulled up his coat sleeve and showed what looked like a massive cut, there was blood all over his arm. I gave him £1. Then I remembered that about 1 minute away there's an A&E department with street signs clearly leading to it. Also, I doubt any taxi driver would let him in bleeding, and if they did they probably wouldn't charge, or would at least take a card charge. I didn't get annoyed so much about that one as he's probably so desperate that he either cut himself or put the effort in with fake blood.

I would have told the guy in the OP that I didn't have any cash and just reaffirm that if he tried to drag me into a conversation.
O.K.

“There's never enough time to do all the nothing you want.”
~ Bill Watterson

O__o
Rocketface2112
Face of rockery
502 IQ
i never feel bad not giving money so homeless people.. its there own choice to be out on the streets. there is enough shelters and places to go for help. everyone of them has the ability to smarten up and get a job.its my money i worked hard and earned it. yeah some people are homeless cuz they lost there job but that's why there is welfare..i will occasionally give a few bucks to people who seem like they are lost or really need the help to get home or something...
Very Orange CARVIN DC 700
PRS SE Custom - crunch lab&PAF pro
Ibanez GRX40 - modified
Peavey Valveking 112 w/ 2x12 cab

Originally Posted by Shirate
The guitar, the only beautiful female that looks better with the top ON haha

Transformice
darb0114
238 IQ
I've always wanted to just grab a bunch of job apps from MacDonald's or Burger King and whenever I see somebody begging for money I give them the app instead.
OddOneOut
UG's Essex Girl
175 IQ
I usually say I have no cash on me if they walk up to me, I don't want to chance them snatching my purse.
I prefer to donate to shelters and other charities that work to help the homeless.
Quote by Renka
OddOneOut is an Essex S&M mistress and not a pirate or a computer program.

TheChaz
Other Barry
543 IQ
I rarely carry cash specifically to avoid dilemmas like that.
CoreysMonster
Banned
8,557 IQ
I just reach in for whatever loose change I can grab with one go out of my pocket. Often it's about 20/50 cents, sometimes it's a Euro, sometimes it's only 10. You ask me for change, you're getting the arcade-claw treatment, unless I don't have anything or I'm in a greart mood.

Which is never
Joshua Garcia
Lost boy
5,702 IQ
Quote by redandwhite12
Now where I feel guilty is he drunkenly stumbled over to me and was clearly quiet drunk already.

That's okay. I'm a quiet drunk myself. I wish I was kidding about that.
Quote by Hal-Sephira
Have anybody went on high lately?
v Smash dat mf
Burgery
crack hitler
3,179 IQ
i totally made almost this exact thread a couple of weeks ago
Quote by JamSessionFreak
lots of really smart stuff
Nick92Slayer
Fully qualified wasteman
94 IQ
I'm too cynical of homeless people to give any money.

I was once in town centre when a begger (he looked homeless) came up to me and my mate asking for money as he had his "teeth knocked out," wanted painkillers and proceeded to show his messed up teeth, with no sign of blood at all on him. My mate gave him some change and he asked straight for more just so he could catch a bus to his girlfriends afterwards. Which seemed weird as painkillers for roughly 40 pence is doesn't seem right. We just said we don't have anything else and walked away

Was a few years ago, and seeing that a lot of homeless people will lie just for money for a bottle of cheap white cider. I don't give anything
The time has come for all to see

The men behind the curtain cast at you disease

Yours Sincerely
Krieger91
I Sold The World
4,001 IQ
Quote by Nick92Slayer
I'm too cynical of homeless people to give any money.

I was once in town centre when a begger (he looked homeless) came up to me and my mate asking for money as he had his "teeth knocked out," wanted painkillers and proceeded to show his messed up teeth, with no sign of blood at all on him. My mate gave him some change and he asked straight for more just so he could catch a bus to his girlfriends afterwards. Which seemed weird as painkillers for roughly 40 pence is doesn't seem right. We just said we don't have anything else and walked away

Was a few years ago, and seeing that a lot of homeless people will lie just for money for a bottle of cheap white cider. I don't give anything

I once saw someone lying on the ground with a sign saying "can't walk, can I have some change?"

Then the same guy was somewhere else with the same sign.
Never imagine yourself not to be otherwise than what it might appear to others that what you were or might have been was not otherwise than what you had been would have appeared to them to be otherwise
Nick92Slayer
Fully qualified wasteman
94 IQ
Quote by Krieger91
I once saw someone lying on the ground with a sign saying "can't walk, can I have some change?"

Then the same guy was somewhere else with the same sign.

Maybe he crawled his way there?

Yours Sincerely
Krieger91
I Sold The World
4,001 IQ
Quote by Nick92Slayer
Maybe he crawled his way there?

Well, we had to take a bus there
Nick92Slayer
Fully qualified wasteman
94 IQ
Quote by Krieger91
Well, we had to take a bus there

Maybe he's ex marines or SAS

Yours Sincerely
Krieger91
I Sold The World
4,001 IQ
Quote by Nick92Slayer
Maybe he's ex marines or SAS

Rocketface2112
Face of rockery
502 IQ
Quote by jetfuel495
I stopped carrying cash on me for this exact reason.

One person actually asked me to go to an ATM to get some money for them and I'm all, "nope"

Quote by TheChaz
I rarely carry cash specifically to avoid dilemmas like that.

good to see hobos are controlling some peoples lives...
Very Orange CARVIN DC 700
PRS SE Custom - crunch lab&PAF pro
Ibanez GRX40 - modified
Peavey Valveking 112 w/ 2x12 cab

Originally Posted by Shirate
The guitar, the only beautiful female that looks better with the top ON haha

Transformice
WCPhils
UnBanned
731 IQ
I never give them anything. I rarely have money and if I do it's only a little and I might need it. I'm not just gonna give it away.
___

Quote by The_Blode
she was saying things like... do you want to netflix and chill but just the chill part...too bad she'll never know that I only like the Netflix part...
ali.guitarkid7
Gets Easier
2,302 IQ
Give him money. It's none of my business what he's going to use it for, but he's asking for my help, and if it's something within my power, I will oblige.

Shit, sorry guys, I forgot what year this is. Yeah, fuck 'em! Why should they take away my hard earned 50 cents which I usually keep around my house and lose on couches! They should just go on welfare! It's their choice to be out on the street; in the cold; no medicine; no job; no empathy!
Quote by Aeolian Harmony
Ali priori / Ali posteriori
Quote by GuitarGod_92
Jesus christ Ali is a nutcase

I actually feel sorry for him, like seriously, get help
Last edited by ali.guitarkid7 at Nov 29, 2012,
crazysam23_Atax
Feuergesicht
5,710 IQ
Quote by WCPhils
I never give them anything. I rarely have money and if I do it's only a little and I might need it. I'm not just gonna give it away.

You're like me, Phils. You always need what little cash you have.
Xiaoxi
Registered Luser
2,744 IQ
His eyes were yellowing? That sounds like jaundice. Given that he drinks a lot that probably means he has cirossis or liver cancer. I don't think 4 bucks would save his life.... I would have told him to go to a hospital or clinic right away.

...modes and scales are still useless.

Quote by PhoenixGRM
Hey guys could you spare a minute to Vote for my band. Go to the site Search our band Listana with CTRL+F for quick and vote Thank you .
Quote by sam b
Voted for Patron Çıldırdı.

Thanks
Quote by PhoenixGRM
But our Band is Listana
Last edited by Xiaoxi at Nov 29, 2012,
innertom
Registered Sex Offender
63 IQ
does anyone else get them charity people that read your name off your work shit, then yell out pretending to know you. like "hey tom, whats goin on man"
tricky little tree huggers