capo327
Random Bassist
10 IQ
I want to learn Tirate by Cafe Tacuba but when I look at the chords I see a bunch of chords named 'Mm'. What does that mean? What chord should I play for that?

All the chords I've found on google have Mm.
capo327
Random Bassist
10 IQ
Quote by whoomit
Seems like a typo, should be Em.

Okay, thanks. Seems weird that all the chords I've found for the song contain it though, all throughout the song. Do people just copy chords and put them on different sites instead of uploading their own take on it?
Hydra150
cutebutt mcsexyface
182 IQ
Quote by capo327
Okay, thanks. Seems weird that all the chords I've found for the song contain it though, all throughout the song. Do people just copy chords and put them on different sites instead of uploading their own take on it?

In a lot of cases, I think so. Tab sites want to generate traffic so that they can get money from ads, and for traffic they need content, and few sites have a content-generating community like UG.

Watch out when tabs are in other languages, too. For example, in German notation the note B is written as H, and Bb is written as B (or something like that).
But boys will be boys and girls have those eyes
that'll cut you to ribbons, sometimes
and all you can do is just wait by the moon
and bleed if it's what she says you ought to do
Last edited by Hydra150 at Nov 29, 2012,
Skullivan
EG Fan aka Bandwagoner
180 IQ
Quote by INSULIN
it's major minor chord

Based on what? No root is given.
capo327
Random Bassist
10 IQ
Quote by INSULIN
it's major minor chord

I've never heard of this. How is a chord both major and minor?
Hydra150
cutebutt mcsexyface
182 IQ
Quote by capo327
How is a chord both major and minor?

What might mean (and he's wrong either way) is that it is a minor chord with a major7, which can be expressed as Em(M7).

But it's a typo.
But boys will be boys and girls have those eyes
that'll cut you to ribbons, sometimes
and all you can do is just wait by the moon
and bleed if it's what she says you ought to do
capo327
Random Bassist
10 IQ
Okay thanks for the help guys. It's just a shame a typo got reproduced across an entire song and that across the entire web as the only chords for the particular song. Hopefully other people who come across that puzzling bit google it and find this thread.