Hey guys got a question. are there alternative Floyd options for the 7 string variety? I have a Carvin DC 7 string that I recently picked up and the LFR on it is rather stiff and not that great sure it might be the springs some to but still I think it would be a better fit with something nicer than the LFR on it. I don't know if Gotoh produces a 7 string version of it's floyd style bridge as I'm really pleased with it on my Jackson in the 6 str. version and all. Are the Floyd Specials decent in that variety I know they are ok as far as LFR's go or is there something else I can try. Not sure I want to go Kahler since the body has the Floyd route so don't think it'd work. Just looking to see what options there are. Thanks.
Live Rig:
Peavey VK (power amp)
R&R Amps SL/LD (preamp)
EB Volume
Zoom G3
Morpheus Dive bomber
Dunlop 95Q
Guitar-any in my stable
5150 Cab (V30/Sheffield X-pat)
No I am looking more Floyd style the guitar already has the body routes as it has a LFR just not the greatest LFR is all.
Live Rig:
Peavey VK (power amp)
R&R Amps SL/LD (preamp)
EB Volume
Zoom G3
Morpheus Dive bomber
Dunlop 95Q
Guitar-any in my stable
any thoughts if I just upgrade the springs and go with a big block upgrade I mean the knife edges seem good on this LFR so that might give me a better feel no?
Live Rig:
Peavey VK (power amp)
R&R Amps SL/LD (preamp)
EB Volume
Zoom G3
Morpheus Dive bomber
Dunlop 95Q
Guitar-any in my stable