im soloing in d phrygian dominant, and it's about the V chord in the scale for distorted guitar. i tried making a power chord A+D#(thats the v interval in d phrygian + it's RESPECTIVE fifth) but its too dissonant. so suggest me another V chord in phrygian (it should have that egyptian character).
the best sounding i get is with A+E.(V interval + 3rd)
Last edited by hamza hashmi at Nov 30, 2012,
Of course it sounds dissonant, it's the tritone, the "Devil's interval". The v chord of that scale is going to sound very dissonant because it is a diminished chord (A - C - Eb). Given the fact that you said you're going to use power chords then I would probably just go ahead & use the A5 and try not to play the Eb over it.
I'm an
Engeneer
Enginear
Enginere

I'm Good at Math
Quote by J-Dawg158
Of course it sounds dissonant, it's the tritone, the "Devil's interval". The v chord of that scale is going to sound very dissonant because it is a diminished chord (A - C - Eb). Given the fact that you said you're going to use power chords then I would probably just go ahead & use the A5 and try not to play the Eb over it.

welcome to keys.

D minor will serve you far, far better. don't change a thing, but think of it as D minor. if you have the prerequisite knowledge to understand what you're doing, you'll see so many possibilities.
Anfangen ist leicht, Beharren eine Kunst.