TubeBlues
588 IQ
I currently play with a H&K Tubemeister 5 (XLR Simulated output), with a Gibson Traditional Les Paul.
I recently discovered that the Egnater Rebel 30 also has an XLR simulated output.
(A must since I live in an apartment with other people).

The problem is, I can't try the Egnater (will have to buy online).

Do any of you own this amplifier and tried the simulated output?
I'm wondering if I should switch to the Egnater, I find that the H&K is too modern sounding and I really don't like the cleans... I play blues only.

Thanks.
gregs1020
Hi mom!
10,786 IQ
a better title to this thread would be "egnater rebel 30 XLR simulated output question"

you may catch more rebel 30 owners that way, just a thought.

egnaters tend to be quite versatile amps, fwiw.
Quote by Roc8995
I don't think I've ever played anything in black walnut. It's a great ice cream flavor, so I assume it works well for a strat too.

Quote by JustRooster
The slugs in the pickups for telecasters are from old winchester rifles, which is why they sound so country.
Snake_42
382 IQ
I don't own one myself so I can't give you the info you're looking for, but I have tried a few Rebel 30's and man, they sound fantastic.

If it's a dirty, bluesey kind of tone you're after, the Rebel 30 will definitely do the job.
TubeBlues
588 IQ
I must choose between the line 6 DT25 head and Egnater Rebel 30 Head.
I did try the Line 6 DT25 and really digged the tones...

Would you think the digital aspect of this amplifier would come out better trough the simulated output?
TubeBlues
588 IQ
Quote by ihartfood
I'd take the Rebel any day. much better tone for blues anyway.

Thanks mate. I have to agree with you, I'll go with a faith leap and buy the Egnater.
It's cheaper here anyway!