Page 4 of 4
jrenkert
921 IQ
I feel like we can make get at least another page out of this thread.
Sleepy__Head
A cornucopia of trivia
54 IQ
Say, has anyone been watching masterchef Australia?
Quote by Hail
oh shut up with that /mu/ bullshit. fidget house shouldn't even be a genre, why in the world would it deserve its own subgenres you twat
griffRG7321
Theory buff
999 IQ
Quote by chronowarp
But Only At Cadence Points
Amirite

Not quite.
Hail
i'm a mean bully
431 IQ
Quote by Sleepy__Head
Say, has anyone been watching masterchef Australia?

how many aussies do we have here, anyway? (i'm counting NZ cause i'm lazy)

it seems like a pretty high concentration considering the internet out there is all kept in a shack out in the desert and the entire continent has to live off that when the populace isn't busy hunting kangaroos (or screwing sheeps if you're from NZ, i suppose)
Quote by theogonia777
Hail killed MT

Quote by jongtr
I want to be Hail when I grow up.
mdc
UG's Mr Chord Man
722 IQ
Quote by Hail
jrenkert
921 IQ
depends what century to the cadence points remark
91RG350
At least Microsoft cared
281 IQ
Yep...from Sydney Australia..... and calling Aussies and NZ'ers "the same".... um... no...

...we only got electricity here last week... all the posters here are probably in the same internet cafe... only leaving when its their turn to crank the handle of the generator.....

...I'm looking across the top of my monitor at the huge, sweaty, hairy guy across from me... his cap says "Candy".... same name as the chick I'm suggestively chatting to on Messenger.....

ugh... unclean....
Quote by AlanHB
It's the same as all other harmony. Surround yourself with skulls and candles if it helps.
AlanHB
Godin's Resident Groupie
1,703 IQ
I live in Canberra, which is generally regarded as the superior city in Australia.
And no, Guitar Hero will not help. Even on expert. Really.
Soundcloud
20Tigers
640 IQ
Quote by Hail

it seems like a pretty high concentration considering the internet out there is all kept in a shack out in the desert and the entire continent has to live off that when the populace isn't busy hunting kangaroos (or screwing sheeps if you're from NZ, i suppose)

Hey!!!! You leave Dolly out of this!!!!
Si
griffRG7321
Theory buff
999 IQ
Quote by chronowarp
tinkimrite.

Accidentals would be employed to avoid tritone outlines/leaps, sometimes to the point where the 'flavor' note of the mode wouldn't even be present. It would still be considered to be in that particular mode though, since modes were defined by melodic contours/cells and range.

Was just playing the devils advocate
91RG350
At least Microsoft cared
281 IQ
Quote by AlanHB
I live in Canberra, which is generally regarded as the superior city in Australia.

Superior in terms of mail-order sex toys and illegal fireworks, yes.
Quote by AlanHB
It's the same as all other harmony. Surround yourself with skulls and candles if it helps.
Hail
i'm a mean bully
431 IQ
Quote by 91RG350
Superior in terms of mail-order sex toys and illegal fireworks, yes.

Quote by theogonia777
Hail killed MT

Quote by jongtr
I want to be Hail when I grow up.
The Madcap
Classical Guitarist
9,780 IQ
Alright, I still don't totally understand the argument. Here's a question:

Lets say I'm talking about this piece by Ravel below. I say that the first section and primary theme is based on the pentatonic scale. Am I a retard who needs to quit music?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=COSKRRojACE
Sleepy__Head
A cornucopia of trivia
54 IQ
Quote by The Madcap
I say that the first section and primary theme is based on the pentatonic scale.

That would appear to be an accurate observation as regards the primary theme. Ma mère l'oye (suite). The harmony perhaps less so.
Quote by Hail
oh shut up with that /mu/ bullshit. fidget house shouldn't even be a genre, why in the world would it deserve its own subgenres you twat