CECamps
Schematic Junkie
1,253 IQ
If you like a Celestion G12-T75, you'll like the Man O War. It has that characteristic mid scoop with tight, pronounced bass and a healthy treble response.

If you want a speaker with more prominent mids in the 800Hz to 2kHz range, the Man O War may not be the right choice. I like them personally, and think they do well paired with other speakers that have complimentary frequency responses.
Dave_Mc
Chirp and Swirl
2,968 IQ
wait is the manowar tight in the bass? the g12t75 is pretty loose in the bass, I think.
Quote by crownegamers
I saw in a couple of pictures that on Bucketheads Les Paul (only some pictures) that his neck pickup is painted in white. Can anyone explain to me why he would do this, and if there are any pros and cons.

Quote by dspellman
The guy wears a KFC Bucket and a white mask during performances, and you're interested in the color of his pickup covers?

CECamps
Schematic Junkie
1,253 IQ
Quote by Dave_Mc
wait is the manowar tight in the bass? the g12t75 is pretty loose in the bass, I think.

Oh yeah, the MOW has a tight low end.
jigman586
899 IQ
Man O War has a brighter, more articulate tone with nice crunch.
Qouted from customer service guy at Eminence after i told him what amp i have and that i want to brighten the tone without sacrificing any crunch.
Dave_Mc
Chirp and Swirl
2,968 IQ
^ sounds good FWIW I think it can be fizzy (craig will confirm), but other than that it actually sounds pretty good for what you want. I just didn't think of it when i was recommending speakers in your other thread.

Quote by CECamps
Oh yeah, the MOW has a tight low end.

ah so it's kind of an improved g12t75 then?

fwiw i don't actually dislike the g12t75, for certain things it's pretty nice (80s metal, say). and as you said, combined with something that complements it (v30) it's pretty nice.
Quote by crownegamers
I saw in a couple of pictures that on Bucketheads Les Paul (only some pictures) that his neck pickup is painted in white. Can anyone explain to me why he would do this, and if there are any pros and cons.

Quote by dspellman
The guy wears a KFC Bucket and a white mask during performances, and you're interested in the color of his pickup covers?

Last edited by Dave_Mc at Dec 4, 2012,