frankibo
UG Board King
1,386 IQ
Intro is 4/4.
The polyrhythmic bar ending with quintuplets sounded horrendous, very difficult to pull off polyrhythms.
Whilst there were interesting moments it all just seemed like an uncohesive mess most of the time.
My songs are all located here .
Feel free to drop by and crit a song.
Leave a link and I'll return a crit

Colossus
Objekt
20 IQ
Quote by frankibo
Intro is 4/4.
The polyrhythmic bar ending with quintuplets sounded horrendous, very difficult to pull off polyrhythms.
Whilst there were interesting moments it all just seemed like an uncohesive mess most of the time.

No duh it's in 4/4 silly I was just messing with syncopation and used those two bars being labeled as 9/4 and 7/4 to better organize myself and figure out how I'm gonna do things. I get the quintuplets thing though I'll see how it translates through a real recording and decide to change it if need be. Also why does it sound uncohesive?
EpiExplorer
.Daerht ruoy desolc I
1,820 IQ
Bar 30 - 33 is really nice.

Not sure what frankibo is seeing wrong here, the polyrhythms work fairly well in this instance, although the quintuplets one should be sued once on the second repeat, otherwise thats when it sounds a little odd.

Musically its decent, little bit too much of the lydianz though.
o()o

Quote by JamSessionFreak
yes every night of my entire life i go to bed crying because i wasnt born american
Objekt
20 IQ
Quote by EpiExplorer
Bar 30 - 33 is really nice.

Not sure what frankibo is seeing wrong here, the polyrhythms work fairly well in this instance, although the quintuplets one should be sued once on the second repeat, otherwise thats when it sounds a little odd.

Musically its decent, little bit too much of the lydianz though.

I'll change it the second time around I spose to something else but still like half time heavy sounding. Thanks for the feedback mang I appreciate it I also see what you mean about teh lydianz. This next jam I'm gonna finish today is gonna have mixoldyian stuff in d minor and also moar non diatonic stuff. Dude, thanks a lot for pushing me to make use of that stuff it really has opened my eyes to a lot of things and I always wondered how to achieve that kind of sound and now I know how