rocklee1431
601 IQ
Anyone else have a hard time listening to songs after you've learned to play them? For me, I tend to listen to them a lot less. I mainly listen to it only when I play along. Epic riffs and solos seem different to me after I've learned how to play them. Anyone else feel this way?
Quote by GmacD
pull down his pants, his dick is probly the size of a newborn moose

Quote by Union Jake
Found this quite funny.

Quote by Ichikurosaki
Found this quite SEARCH BAR
Redsectoreh
not blue
168 IQ
Complete opposite for me. I tend to like a song even more after learning it all.
Obsceneairwaves
UG Member
1,001 IQ
Quote by Redsectoreh
Complete opposite for me. I tend to like a song even more after learning it all.

pretty much this
It's over simplified, So what!

Quote by eGraham
I'm going to be on top of what is called a knob
Quote by theguitarist
Big ones can be fun in some ways but generally, they are a pain in the ass.
Quote by Wolfinator-x
I don't know what is going on in this thread or why I have an erection.
Crazyedd123
Seeking electricity
2,158 IQ
Quote by Redsectoreh

This.

I never really appreciated the pre-chorus bit from 'One' until I saw what both the guitars were doing.
Breakfast, Breakfast, it's great for us
We eat, we eat, we eat
That frozen meat
Oh boy, oh boy, oh boy, it can't be beat
piratemetalhead
2,274 IQ
I don't have a hard time listening to the song, but I think I know what you mean by "seeing" a song differently after you've learned it. By then, you've kind of "deconstructed" the song in a mental and physical way, so I think it makes sense that you would feel a difference.
WCPhils
UnBanned
731 IQ
Sometimes I'll get sick of it while learning it just because I've heard it so many times while practicing it, but once I get it down I usually like it even more.
___

Quote by The_Blode
she was saying things like... do you want to netflix and chill but just the chill part...too bad she'll never know that I only like the Netflix part...
Acou97
59 IQ
Quote by WCPhils
Sometimes I'll get sick of it while learning it just because I've heard it so many times while practicing it, but once I get it down I usually like it even more.

pretty much this and what other buddy said about deconstructing songs, i always end up viewing them differently but its in a way that i can enjoy the song more

thats shitty for you man, i don't know what i'd do if learning my favourite songs means i wouldn't appreciate them any more
Bob_Sacamano
UG Board King
238 IQ
I stopped learning to play things because it often makes them lose their magic for me.
eGraham
Rattle That Lock
1,539 IQ
If anything, I appreciate a song more once I learn it. It's like, "That's fun to play and genious--I could never think of something like that."

To me, covering a song connects me to the real musicality behind its making.
Quote by Trowzaa
I wish I was American.

~ A Rolling Potato Gathers No Moss ~
Mathedes
Dissonant Unison
329 IQ
Quote by eGraham
If anything, I appreciate a song more once I learn it. It's like, "That's fun to play and genious--I could never think of something like that."

To me, covering a song connects me to the real musicality behind its making.

And sometimes I wonder what the heck was going through someone's head writing it.
We're all alright!
JohnnyV
Hard as Rock
522 IQ
I have a far greater appreciation for any song once I've broken into the parts myself. Especially when it comes to singing. There is no better way to appreciate the uniqueness of someone's voice or the complexity of their performance until you try to sing their work yourself.
rocklee1431
601 IQ
I guess appreciate was the wrong word. It's not that it loses any value, but it's like all I can think about while listening to it is how to play it and that bothers me.
Quote by GmacD
pull down his pants, his dick is probly the size of a newborn moose

Quote by Union Jake
Found this quite funny.

Quote by Ichikurosaki
Found this quite SEARCH BAR
Philip_pepper
Banned
4,955 IQ
Quote by Bob_Sacamano
I stopped learning to play things because it often makes them lose their magic for me.

Same. SAAAAAME!
a_7_x
x'; DROP TABLE *; --
425 IQ
Depends.

Not so much 'learning' - but I would never look up the music for a Sigur Ros album or something as it totally takes the magic out of it. Nor would I look up the exact lead part for Bonamassa's Sloe Gin.

However - when I saw what Luke was playing in Sequoia Throne. ****, I don't have enough appreciation.
AnEvilWalrus
UG's Lone Fern
556 IQ
Quote by Bob_Sacamano

This, for some stuff. It kind of loses the mystery once you know exactly what's going on. Part of what makes an awesome riff awesome to me sometimes is that I'll hear it for the first time and go "oh man that's cool, what the hell is going on there?" But once I learn it and know what's going on, while it's still an awesome riff, there's no longer that element of mystery to it, the inner workings are exposed kind of deal. I know I'm in the minority with that though. It doesn't always happen that way, just sometimes.
JackWhiteIsButts
Hard Boyled
278 IQ
Quote by a_7_x
Depends.

Not so much 'learning' - but I would never look up the music for a Sigur Ros album or something as it totally takes the magic out of it. Nor would I look up the exact lead part for Bonamassa's Sloe Gin.

However - when I saw what Luke was playing in Sequoia Throne. ****, I don't have enough appreciation.

Oh em gee, sloe gin just came up on shuffle right after I read dis thread. I ain't even playin, dat's < .0001 percent chance right there.

I don't really have a problem listening to songs that I have learned in the past, but I tend to listen to them less for a while because I'm burnt out from the learning process as well as from knowing it so thoroughly.

I've never been one to listen to any one album or song a lot in a short time frame.