pwnadgebunny
92 IQ
i'm possibly getting a 5-string by february, so what would be a good one for under $300 or $350? i was thinking about getting the squier affinity jazz bass or the ibanez gsr205, but any other ideas?

She's so pretty in her casts
The prettiest thing I've ever seen
I only get to hold her when she's injured
I only get to kiss her where she's sore
FatalGear41
War Mastiff!!!
130 IQ
I've seen a number of used Ibanez SR and the occasional used SRX in that range. I think that might be your best bet. Also on the used market, look at Yamaha's RBX375. It is a fine bass for that range.

I'm not a huge fan of the Squier, but others do seem to like them. I just think that if you go used, you can do better.
"Drinking is a skill and should be recognized as such!"

Quote by gregs1020
FatalGear41 knows the ways of the obscure. I hear it's just not with Gibsons. Beware, Halloween approaches...

Quote by Spaz91
DAMNIT FATALGEAR YOU RUINED MUH FLOW!
pwnadgebunny
92 IQ
oh another possible one i should add is the ibanez gsr206, a six stringer i was looking at.

She's so pretty in her casts
The prettiest thing I've ever seen
I only get to hold her when she's injured
I only get to kiss her where she's sore
pwrmax
Registered ... something
243 IQ
I had a 5 string GSR at some point. Not something I'd use professionally but it's good for the price.
Anthoje
10 IQ
Peavey Cirrus BXP-5, I bought it used and never looked back.Mine feel a lot like the american ones. (I have a friend who owns a Peavey Cirrus 6 string, made is USA) Feels better to me than a jazz or precision because of string spacing, neck thickness and thru neck. I also tried traben and Ibanez entry level basses before deciding on this one.
AGEGBand
Guitar / Bass / Keyboard / Back Vocals

Sterling JP50, Fender CP Jazzmaster, Danelectro Danoblaster 12 strings, Aria 5102T, Epiphone LP STD 7 string => Carvin V3M

Peavey Cirrus BXP-5 => Trace Elliot GP7SM250

Korg X50
INSULIN
70 IQ
Yamaha Rbx375
295.95 Musicians Friend .good Reviews
Last edited by INSULIN at Dec 9, 2012,
Sethis
10 IQ
Yamaha and Ibanez make good basses in that range. I've got the RBX375 and it's cool.
_ThePanda_
Noob of the year
82 IQ
A Peavey BXP 5-String or a Squier VM Jazz IV (10x better than the affinity) would be my advice.
CJ Noble
WAHAHA~!
40 IQ
Ibanez SRX, no contest
1978 Peavey T-40 -> Ampeg Micro-VR - > Ampeg SVT210AV + Ampeg SVT-15E
christianonbass
20 IQ
Quote by pwnadgebunny
i'm possibly getting a 5-string by february, so what would be a good one for under $300 or $350? i was thinking about getting the squier affinity jazz bass or the ibanez gsr205, but any other ideas?

I had pretty good luck with an OLP MM-2 5 string. They are made by Ernie Ball, a Music Man copy I believe. They retail at GC for 349. I got mine for under 300 after tax. I only recommend it if you are OK with a thin but bright, "Jazzy" sound.
Sliide90027
20 IQ
You might get lucky and find a used Ibanez BTB405 for around $300.

A little more money should definitly get you into one.

I do not play my 5's but the 405 and 455 I have a world class instruments and hold their own just fine against many thousands of dollar instruments. This is why I got into them and they got me into the 456 and the 1006 Fretless.

People adore my Basses, some have drooled over the tone, and not one was over $1000.