DisarmGoliath
Disarms Goliaths
1,391 IQ
Guys... have you forgotten what I said before? Generally speaking, as it benefits the community here, we don't mind you having a thread to announce your new releases and discuss your products with the community here, but it really needs to be just the one thread (excluding conversation in the chat thread, which is fine).

I appreciate you may have forgotten where the other thread is, or feel it got cluttered, but considering we don't actually allow free advertising, this 'just one thread' rule is non-negotiable.

Because you've put effort into this post/thread, I'm going to take the liberty of renaming this thread for you and I would greatly appreciate it if you could let all the other members of your team/testers/PR etc. that use this site know about this thread, and remind them of the rule if you need to, because everyone here has generally been very positive with the feedback to your products and it would be a shame to have any kind of awkwardness because of this.

It is purely because we don't allow free advertising in the forums, and it would not be fair on all the previous users we have warned and banned for abusing the advertising rules we have. I hope you take this the right way, and don't think I'm just trying to have a go - I mean no aggression or offence with this!

Steve
Hey, look. Sigs are back.
ChemicalFire
King of Bacon Pancakes
5,773 IQ
I think if we deleted the other thread and kept this one it'd be fine... considering this is more of a thread about the release as opposed to testing... but then again I don't know if we really need a thread like this... I mean we already have the VST Amp sticky.
All I want is for everyone to go to hell...
...It's the last place I was seen before I lost myself

Quote by DisarmGoliath
You can be the deputy llamma of the recordings forum!
MatrixClaw
UG God
10,723 IQ
I don't think there's really a reason to close the other one. I'm sure there's still valuable information in that one, should anyone be searching the forum, but we can close it at least, so no one bumps it
Quote by Dave_Mc
I've had tube amps for a while now, but never actually had any go down on me
Quote by jj1565
maybe you're not saying the right things? an amp likes to know you care.

www.SanctityStudios.com
strangedogs
An Old Dude with an AX...
1,670 IQ
I just posted this at KVR and wanted to post it here too:

Congrats on the release! I knew ya'll would do it and DO IT RIGHT. Ken and all the abg guys have worked their butts off to produce this - been bullied, bashed and hounded to death by everyone and their brother over the final release date but they wanted it RIGHT. They've also been bitched out by all different forums and mods for even talking about it... (and I'm not talking about DisarmGoliath or MatrixClaw - you guys are actually quite civilized about everything). It's a work of art brother. Ya'll did it. I for one knew you would.

It was never about the $$$$$ with Ken - it was "the love of the game". He's actually a great guitar player who happens to be a programming genius too. Hell the man has given away more stuff than he's sold - I know that for a fact. That's the kind of guy he is.

It's a beautiful FULL SUITE that's extremely underpriced by today's standards & has to be a nightmare for the "Big Guys".

ABG (along with Kuassa, & loads of freeware developers) has proven that you don't need to spend hundreds of dollars to get a full rich amp modeling suite.

Sincerely,
Strangedogs (what's left of him at 61)
Now running an Eleven Rack with Pro Tools 10.3.3 - it's amazing and I'm having ball with it - worth every penny. PT 10 is tops IMO and the Eleven Rack is a work of art!
JohnnyMcFly
436 IQ
Thanks Strange

@SharpSpoon
Please do check it out, we'd like to hear your thoughts too.

One thing to remember with head case is that the heads, (I think there's like 180 right now) can be completely edited.. Right down to the skin and head description.. So it does not matter what any one of them sound like, you can make it your own.. Its designed to be used buy anyone, whether you know electronics or not.. Try the Builder, you'll see what I mean..
ChemicalFire
King of Bacon Pancakes
5,773 IQ
If I had money I'd buy this.

But right now I'm SO broke =(

Quote by DisarmGoliath
JohnnyMcFly
436 IQ
Guys I did not share this video here yet.. Since s1770 shared some more heads from the VAS (Virtual Amp Stash) here, We shoukd cover how they are installed. This video shows how easy it is.
It covers downloading heads posted at forums or received through email like the ones above. (Yes the images above actually contain the heads inside them, head case reads the JPEG and installs the head contained in it)
It also covers how to use the Virtual Amp Stash APP by Amit Talwar. This is by far the easiest way to install heads.
Anyways, here it is..
https://dl.dropbox.com/u/7630363/Releases/HeadCase/AsylumVideos/Installing%20a%20Head.mp4

@ChemicalFire... I'm sure we can help somehow...email me..
axemanchris
Awwww.... NOW what?!
2,471 IQ
Great work, folks!

CT
Could I get some more talent in the monitors, please?

I know it sounds crazy, but try to learn to inhale your voice. www.thebelcantotechnique.com

Chris is the king of relating music things to other objects in real life.
chatterbox272
1,237 IQ
Once I turn 18 and can buy stuff online, I am so getting this. It looks awesome
chatterbox272
1,237 IQ
To ask the question that I'm sure is nagging at more people than just me, what happened?
JohnnyMcFly
436 IQ
I wish I could answer you chatter, but anything I say is only going to cause him to go into another tirade and thats not fair to the forum here.. Sorry man..
ChemicalFire
King of Bacon Pancakes
5,773 IQ
That site is down... how am I meant to get headcase amps now...

Quote by DisarmGoliath
lockwolf
Recording's AdBot/Dick
1,422 IQ
Quote by ChemicalFire
That site is down... how am I meant to get headcase amps now...

You don't.

As much as I love Headcase, with this whole flamewar, this may be the nail in the coffin. Unless somebody had all the amps from the site backed up, the community has to start from scratch again.

I don't want to get involved and start a flame war here but it sounds like a bunch of whining and QQing from both ends. As much as it probably isn't going to happen, I wish we could get this shit behind us and move on. Oh well.
Derpy Derp Derp Herp Derp
DisarmGoliath
Disarms Goliaths
1,391 IQ
Hmm... well this is awkward. Hope you guys sort this all out and come to some sort of positive agreement - in the meantime this thread is now kinda useless. Feel free to post any Acmebargig stuff in here still, but maybe when this is resolved or you have a big announcement again, we'll have to create a new one so this doesn't have a load of 'content removed' posts.
Hey, look. Sigs are back.
strangedogs
An Old Dude with an AX...
1,670 IQ
never judge a man until you've walked a mile in his shoes... The heads are all backed up and will soon be available again very shortly.
Now running an Eleven Rack with Pro Tools 10.3.3 - it's amazing and I'm having ball with it - worth every penny. PT 10 is tops IMO and the Eleven Rack is a work of art!
lockwolf
Recording's AdBot/Dick
1,422 IQ
Quote by strangedogs
never judge a man until you've walked a mile in his shoes... The heads are all backed up and will soon be available again very shortly.

Good to know. I hope this is just a small bump in the road. You guys have been working on this for a while now, Id hate to see it end this way
JohnnyMcFly
436 IQ
Yes we have every head ever released to the vas, those will be available some time very soon..
EDITED: Removed my explanation..
Last edited by JohnnyMcFly at Feb 1, 2013,
lockwolf
Recording's AdBot/Dick
1,422 IQ
Like I said, sounds like a bunch of whining :p

Still, happy to see you guys have strong support from the community.
JohnnyMcFly
436 IQ
I removed the explanation lock.. No matter how you explain that it will sound like whining so I'd rather not bother trying to explain it..