Hi, I have been playing guitar for a little over 3 years and I have just recently started to study music theory. I was wondering if anyone could tell me why when you are building a B Augmented chord, why the G# becomes an F and not an A?
Hi, all theory questions go in Musician Talk.

And frankly, your question made no sense,
I Have An Avant Garde Fetish....
Quote by Gantz92
Im in no way an amateur. I masturbate in public all the time.
Quote by Nelsean
I can get an erection just by looking at a plastic cup, or a river.
Quote by Obsceneairwaves
Don't worry, rape will always find a back way in
Quote by adamgur96
Hi, all theory questions go in Musician Talk.

And frankly, your question made no sense,

+1. It seems you really should study more of your theory, it will all become clear in time
Yes, go to musician talk. There's so much wrong with your understanding I don't even know where to start. Tertian triads might be the way to go. Chords consisting of three notes stacked in thirds. Your B augmented chord would be B D# Fx (double sharp). You keep the B D and F regardless of the quality of the chord. EG minor would be B D F#, major B D# F# augmented B D# Fx and diminished B D F.

Yes, F double sharp is the same pitch as G but they don't have the same meaning.
Winner of the 2011 Virginia Guitar Festival

Protools HD
Lynx Aurora 16/HD192
Mojave, Sennheiser, AKG, EV etc mics
Focusrite ISA828 pres
Waves Mercury
Random Rack Gear

65 Deluxe Reverb
PRS CE 22
American Standard Strat
Taylor 712
Okay, and I'm sorry, this is the first time I post on here, so I wasn't sure as to where to post, and like i said, I have only started to study music theory, so I do apologize if my question didn't make sense, or if it was worded all wrong.