matthew96
199 IQ
Hello i have started sweep picking a while ago. I am getting pretty good at it, but i was wondering what the best way to practice was. I haven't used a metronome but i will start. How should i practice with the metronome?
randomhero93
Refined Knowledge
707 IQ
start at a slow pace. 1 note per click. and then start to speed up that click when you get the first speed perfect with no mistakes ever. only go by 5 bpm increments. after you have gotten up to speed, slow that click down again and do 2 notes per click, rinse and repeat till you are pro like Yngwie Malmsteen.
Quote by pedromiles101
you're not gonna want to take a dump in a gross, off-colored, vintage toilet. you want something that is white and pearly; something that shines. something that you can put your cheeks against and say, "f*** yeah"
Geldin
1,677 IQ
Quote by matthew96
Hello i have started sweep picking a while ago. I am getting pretty good at it, but i was wondering what the best way to practice was. I haven't used a metronome but i will start. How should i practice with the metronome?

You're gonna want to use a metronome for sure.

Often, you'll encounter arpeggios in groupings of threes, so it's often good to set your metronome to 3/4 or 6/8 time or to get used to playing notes as triplets (three notes to the beat) or sextuplets (six notes to the beat).
matthew96
199 IQ
Is it normal that when i play with a metronome im not as fast when im not?