blaksabath
713 IQ
What is the difference, in your opinion/experiences, of these two makers of guitars?
-Difference in quality control, sound, playability, etc.

I've always been a strat guy, and love my Fenders.
But I was thinking of getting something a little different.
Dave_Mc
Chirp and Swirl
2,967 IQ
which exact models are you looking at?
Quote by classicrocker01
Only on UG would I say I got engaged and bought a jet city and get congratulated on the amp

Robbgnarly
Tab Contributor
1,177 IQ
I prefer the G&L legacy over most any non MIA/MIJ Fender. G&L tribute use the same electonics as the USA series, and for being an import they are great guitars.

EDIT: realizedTS is talking the USA made G&L and yes I would take one over just about any MIA/MIJ Fender also
2002 PRS CE22
2013 G&L ASAT Deluxe
2009 Epiphone G-400 (SH-4)
Marshall JCM2000 DSL100
Krank 1980 Jr 20watt
Krank Rev 4x12 (eminence V12)
GFS Greenie/Digitech Bad Monkey
Morley Bad Horsie 2
MXR Smart Gate
Last edited by Robbgnarly at Dec 12, 2012,
Dave_Mc
Chirp and Swirl
2,967 IQ
yeah i haven't tried very many of them, but (unless i wanted something that looked exactly like a vintage fender) i'd probably take a USA G&L over anything short of the USA Fender reissues.
Quote by classicrocker01
Only on UG would I say I got engaged and bought a jet city and get congratulated on the amp

JustRooster
Internet Bully
7,166 IQ
Depends on which one you try. I generally have found that most Tribute models are on par with most CIJ fenders I've played. Regardless, a Strat is a Strat. When you find a gem, buy it.

Quote by EyeNon15
Thats too bad, I was under the impression I was arguing something profound

57Goldtop
Piano Player in Disguise
1,383 IQ
I've owned several Fender Strats over the years (MIM, MIJ and MIA) and I recently picked up a mid 90's USA-made G&L Legacy. I love it! It's one of the best (if not THE best) Strat-style guitar I've ever owned. Leo Fender said it himself, he made his best guitars at G&L.
Current Gear:
2002 Gibson Les Paul Standard
'57 AVRI Fender Stratocaster
MIJ Fender Jaguar Special HH
Marshall JVM410
Vox AC15 C2
dannyalcatraz
Black Cherry Jello
3,265 IQ
Personally, I've never found a Fender that felt right to me. No issues with their quality, they just didn't feel right in my hands.

G&L and Godins, OTOH, have always seemed to be more comfortable to me. And since their quality is equivalent...
Sturgeon's 2nd Law, a.k.a. Sturgeon's Revelation: “Ninety percent of everything is crap.”

Why, yes, I am a lawyer- thanks for asking!

alhaq369
It is very impotent to success a business.