Page 4 of 4
donender
Get back to work
2,047 IQ
I usually just check my phone for the time, unless i'm working (currently out of a job though), it has become such a habit that if i am wearing a watch, i still check my phone, then facepalm because i see the watch right there.
WHOMP

Think of that next time you are not allowed to laugh.
jambi_mantra
Is actually English
740 IQ
Got this for my 21st:

But with a blue face

Inheriting a 60's one of these:
No man has the right to be an amateur in the matter of physical training. It is a shame for a man to grow old without seeing the beauty and strength of which his body is capable

@gossage91
@overtimefitnessau
jambi_mantra
Is actually English
740 IQ
Likewise. Despite the morbidity of it being related to my dad dying, I'm almost more excited about getting it than I was about getting my Breitling
No man has the right to be an amateur in the matter of physical training. It is a shame for a man to grow old without seeing the beauty and strength of which his body is capable

@gossage91
@overtimefitnessau
Krieger91
I Sold The World
4,002 IQ
Sorry for bumping this, but I thought I'd show you guys a picture of a watch that was given to me:

I don't mind it, I just wish it were a tad smaller. Someone advised me to put a metal belt on it, but I think it would look awful.

It's weird though, what should be the second hand, isn't actually the second hand. I can stop it and start it at will, and it keeps on telling time and the minute and hour hands still move. The second hand is one of those small bubbles you see inside the watch.
Never imagine yourself not to be otherwise than what it might appear to others that what you were or might have been was not otherwise than what you had been would have appeared to them to be otherwise
Cb4rabid
K♦️
2,628 IQ
Bitches know I'm 'bout it

I only wear it with long sleeves though, my marfan wrists look awful when im bare/wearing a watch.
pinga
clegtr
Let me think...
282 IQ
Ah, nice thread, never noticed it. I like rather small, elegant analog watches. I really dislike big clunky ones and digitals. That said here's my Swatch I bought like 3 years ago.

EDIT: Sorry for the big pic, how do you resize on tinypic?
"Space is big. You just won't believe how vastly, hugely, mind- bogglingly big it is. I mean, you may think it's a long way down the road to the chemist's, but that's just peanuts to space."
-Douglas Adams
Last edited by clegtr at Feb 9, 2014,
Krieger91
I Sold The World
4,002 IQ
Quote by clegtr
Ah, nice thread, never noticed it. I like rather small, elegant analog watches. I really dislike big clunky ones and digitals. That said here's my Swatch I bought like 3 years ago.

EDIT: Sorry for the big pic, how do you resize on tinypic?

I normally edit the size before uploading it, tinypic gives you a couple of default sizes to choose from. Go for "message board"

Anyway, yeah, I'm the same with watches, I prefer them small and analog as well. That's why, when I get some mroe money, I'm going to look into getting a watch similar to mine, but smaller.

Your one is pretty nice!
Never imagine yourself not to be otherwise than what it might appear to others that what you were or might have been was not otherwise than what you had been would have appeared to them to be otherwise
OddOneOut
UG's Essex Girl
175 IQ
I got a nice watch for christmas, it joins my everyday/work and special occasion watch. Middle one is the newest. The Citizen one has a Mother of Pearl face.
(Invalid img)

Quote by Renka
OddOneOut is an Essex S&M mistress and not a pirate or a computer program.

Krieger91
I Sold The World
4,002 IQ
Quote by OddOneOut

I would not flash that in the wrong neighbourhood

The middle one is nice as well.
willT08
Banned
2,923 IQ
My watch fell off into a club toilet the other night.

Wiped it down and still wear it even though it's busted because it looks good
OddOneOut
UG's Essex Girl
175 IQ
Quote by Krieger91
I would not flash that in the wrong neighbourhood

The middle one is nice as well.

Special occasions aren't held in the wrong neighbourhood :P
I would be gutted if it got stolen though. It did happen last year and I managed to replace it with the same model, but it was one of the last ones around. It's not too expensive but I'm too fussy to go for something that doesn't look the same and I can't justify the price of the eco-drive models.
Quote by Renka
OddOneOut is an Essex S&M mistress and not a pirate or a computer program.

Banjocal
UG's only only
1,174 IQ
I've got one of these.

Wish the text wasn't there but eh
Woffelz
Mmmm...donuts...
3,343 IQ
Got this, which I bought for £20 [half price] when I was 16 because I'm just so classy.

I liked the strap, the simple bars instead of Roman Numerals/Arabic numbers and the fact it had a diamond [although a cheap one] in the top.
Woffelz

Twitter
Youtube
Tumblr

Ibanez RG2550Z
Ibanez SRX430
Alesis Core 1
GR5/ReValver 4

I'm a student. I've got no time or space for an amp!
Seref
Gob****e
688 IQ
Oh yeah, this thread.

The watch I showed in this post was ID'd by the watchmaker as a late 1960s gold plated Omega Seamaster Date. He recommended not opening it up for maintenance because it still worked fine, and if he found anything needing replacing then it would have been several hundred dollars to source such an old part. Would have been better to just let things be.

He cleaned it up, gave it a nice polish and put it on black faux gator band. And now it looks like this:

But then like three months after taking that picture, I dropped the watch and the mechanical movement got messed up so now the watch doesn't work. I've been too afraid of an astronomical bill to take it in for service.
lt mittens
milfhunter
466 IQ

got this one yesterday from my gf
"If I tell you I'm good, you would probably think I'm boasting. If I tell you I'm no good, you know I'm lying."
Bazz22
246 IQ
I've always liked watches, but I rarely wear them thanks to my embarrassingly thin wrists.

My girlfriend did get me a watch for christmas though, and I wear it constantly. It's not super fancy, but I really like it.
eGraham
Rattle That Lock
1,541 IQ

I got black because it matched the shirt I wore to work and blue because it really brings out my eyes
Quote by Trowzaa
I wish I was American.

~ A Rolling Potato Gathers No Moss ~
Seref
Gob****e
688 IQ
Quote by Bazz22
I've always liked watches, but I rarely wear them thanks to my embarrassingly thin wrists.

My girlfriend did get me a watch for christmas though, and I wear it constantly. It's not super fancy, but I really like it.

I have thin wrists too. You just need to get properly sized watches. A lot of vintage men's watches are 36mm diameter and will look good today even on a girl's wrist. 38-40mm is small to medium in today's designs and will look good. Even with small wrists you can go pretty big thanks to oversized watches being in style.

The only watches I can't pull off with my thin wrists are the stupid big 46mm+ chronographs, or anything with abnormally long lugs.
Last edited by Seref at Feb 10, 2014,
Gammas1
UG Newbie
38 IQ
I have a number of watches, and I always wear one. I miss the weight when I don't wear one. Here's my favourites:

Everyday work (uniform) watch:

Casual:
(Invalid img)

Also casual, but more suitable for more formal wear:
████████████
████████████
████████████

RNLAF

I Like Planes
bifteksupernova
*thhbbbt*
683 IQ
I got this for Christmas,
replaced my old Ripcurl with it but I may wear the other one for a while again. I wanted to get a pocket watch for Christmas but then I'd feel like a dolt with a wrist watch on, and I'd feel naked without the weight of my watch on my hand.
Last.fm So you can make fun of my taste in music
Youtube So you can make fun of my videos
Weaponized
1,756 IQ
Quote by WCPhils
I got one for graduation that I never wear.

What's the point? I have a phone.

SO UNGRATEFUL
Seref
Gob****e
688 IQ
Quote by genghisgandhi
my lady's G-shock has an analog and digital display so I can have it set to two timezones #function #over #form

Why not functional form?