rodnolan
178 IQ
There are many instances of songs that are very close to being complete that just require a few tweaks. I'd like to have the ability to do collaborative editing, where I can suggest changes and allow the original author to review and accept or reject them. It's great to have a couple of versions of a song but it gets out of control when there's more than a few. This idea is inspired by my recent experience with github, a tool which allows programmers to share their work and collaborate on projects.

This is the same idea but with the end result being tabs instead of source code for computer programs.
adamgur96
Not caring no more
865 IQ
You can always make a comment on the tab and if the original tabber will agree s/he can change it.
And if s/he doesn't see it you can always pm him/her.
I Have An Avant Garde Fetish....
Quote by Gantz92
Im in no way an amateur. I masturbate in public all the time.
Quote by Nelsean
I can get an erection just by looking at a plastic cup, or a river.
Quote by Obsceneairwaves
Don't worry, rape will always find a back way in
whoomit
1,492 IQ
Quote by adamgur96
You can always make a comment on the tab and if the original tabber will agree s/he can change it.
And if s/he doesn't see it you can always pm him/her.

Yeah this.

If you go to leave a comment then it gives you the option to leave a correction instead.
rodnolan
178 IQ
Makes sense... thanks for the heads up, adamgur96. I mostly use the mobile app and I never noticed that feature until now. I like the idea of comments but I still think the collaborative editing feature would be useful since the better version of a song can sometimes get buried down in the comments section if the original author doesn't bother to update their post (which, I'm guessing, might be the majority of the time).

Example: http://tabs.ultimate-guitar.com/b/billy_joel/piano_man_ver8_crd_1051336id_06052011date.htm

which also highlights the fact that people don't always follow instructions... the comment should have been a correction.

Anyway, curious to hear opinions from others...