Got this guitar a couple of nights ago. It's a 2004 Gibson ES-335. The previous owner wasn't much of an electric player and as a result the guitar didn't get much use.

I originally ordered a ebony semi-hollowbody Gretsch from my local shop back in early October. The Gretsch kept getting backordered from Fender and I was getting a little annoyed and impatient waiting for it. The black Gretsch was always going to be a substitute for a black Gibson ES-335 anyways. When I found the Gibson locally I inquired about it on a whim and through much talk I ended up getting a killer deal on it.

I have been more of an acoustic player the last couple of years so to have an electric with a huge body is great. My luthier friend has put in a new bone nut, polished/buffed the body, cleaned/polished all the chrome parts and done a complete setup. I also rewired the guitar putting in new electronics.

Still need to put strap locks on and buy a nice big leather strap but other than that I'm set! Loving the sound and feel of the guitar. The neck has a neck chunky feel to it (similar to my J-45 TV) while the body is big enough to through your body over. This combined with how easily I can get feedback makes it quite the rocking guitar.

Last edited by kurtlives91 at Dec 22, 2012,
"Rockin' around
The Christmas tree..."

Sturgeon's 2nd Law, a.k.a. Sturgeon's Revelation: “Ninety percent of everything is crap.”

Why, yes, I am a lawyer- thanks for asking!

It is very impotent to success a business.
She's a beaut!

Quote by EyeNon15
Thats too bad, I was under the impression I was arguing something profound

how the hell are you going to get into the dining room?

sexy 335 man.
Why don't they make mouse flavored cat food?
Damn, that black gloss looks great on a 335. Never seen one in person before. Stores around here tend to only stock the cherry and natural finishes.

Quote by Ippon
BTW, which amp is that?

Probably one he built.
Rhodes Gemini
Fryette Ultra Lead
Peavey 6505
THD Flexi 50

Gibson R0 Prototype
EBMM JP13 Rosewood
Fender CS Mary Kaye

(512) Audio Engineering - Custom Pedal Builds, Mods and Repairs
Quote by Ippon
BTW, which amp is that?

Quote by EyeNon15
Thats too bad, I was under the impression I was arguing something profound

Quote by dannyalcatraz
"Rockin' around
The Christmas tree..."

You cant say christmas it offensiv! Happy NGD!