napstersucks
234 IQ
I just picked up an old predator at a local pawn shop recently and I would like to know more about it. It has a 3-way switch in between the volume and tone knobs and I'm not real sure how to use it or if it's even stock. Also, it has a humbucker. Is that stock? Any input would be appreciated. Thanks!
Charvel1995
Ronda Rousey Fanboy
1,873 IQ
Though I can't provide much input, pictures of the guitars headstock/serial number(If available) will be a huge help to anyone trying to help.

Sorry I can't help, but with pictures I would imagine someone else can, maybe getting a mod to move this to the EG forum will help a bit more too.
Main Rig:

Epiphone MKH Les Paul Custom 7 - Ronda
Ibanez RG8 "Scarlet" - AKA The Rambanez
Fender Strat "Danielle"/"Dani"
Line 6 POD HD Pro
Randall XL 4x12

Come join us...

Purchase list: Jim Root Tele, Jim Root Jazzmaster, MTM20
trashedlostfdup
diet coke fiend.
13,457 IQ
how old?

i have an 82 peavey horizon, which is also MIA can't beat it for $40.

there seem to be a ton more predators though, and i have heard that they are MIA even into the early 90's, but i am not totally sure.

post a serial number and pics.
WTLT 2014 GG&A

Quote by andersondb7
alright "king of the guitar forum"

Quote by trashedlostfdup
nope i am "GOD of the guitar forum" i think that fits me better.

Quote by andersondb7
youre just being a jerk man.
RadioMuse
Tab Contributor
264 IQ
It appears (just based on a preliminary google search) that the Predator came in HH, SSS and HSS configurations, so the 'bucker could be stock. As the the three position switch it could be something like coil tapping or phase inversion ("out of phase"). Does changing it's position seem to effect the tone based on the position of the [other] pickup selector?
napstersucks
234 IQ
Here's the pictures, and here's the serial number (some of it is kind of worn off) but here is what I can see, 07995375. Thanks.

(Invalid img)

(Invalid img)

(Invalid img)

(Invalid img)

(Invalid img)
MatrixClaw
UG God
10,723 IQ
You need an actual URL inside those IMG tages, not just a number...
Quote by Dave_Mc
I've had tube amps for a while now, but never actually had any go down on me
Quote by jj1565
maybe you're not saying the right things? an amp likes to know you care.

www.SanctityStudios.com
R45VT
Doesn't speak guitar
1,110 IQ
Photobucket is free.
Quote by DeathByDestroyr
See, it's important that people clarify when they say "metal", because I pretty much always assume they are a Cannibal Corpse fanboi.
napstersucks
234 IQ
I did a little more research, I can't find a stock model with a humbucker. Nor could I find one with a mini toggle. I'm just courious, what is that mini toggle really called? It makes the guitar have a huge range. Thanks for all the input.
woad_yurt
959 IQ
I had one of those but mine had a 3-per-side headstock. Those are pretty good guitars. Good snag!
napstersucks
234 IQ
Quote by woad_yurt
I had one of those but mine had a 3-per-side headstock. Those are pretty good guitars. Good snag!

Thanks man! I think I did good on it myself.