Bottle of Dirt
She called me...Horsey
383 IQ
I'm starting to plan out my first custom body and I've run into a problem.
I'm planning on making it one solid color(the wood I've found is pretty plain and I don't want to put a top it) and the bridge is going to be far away from the edge of the body and it's going to leave a giant section of color that I think looks ugly on solid color guitars.

Basically, I want to avoid the body looking like this one http://www.rondomusic.com/ghostwhite.html by moving the stop tail piece further from the bridge a few inches.

In short: How much of a difference does the space between the bridge and tail piece make?
Yes, I'm from California, yes I like Hockey, no I do not like the Ducks, yes I like the Kings!
Guitbuilder
98 IQ
None really that I know of. Just make sure it isn't so far back that regular strings won't be long enough to fit.
Verify that the action is low enough so the string behind the saddle doesn't touch the back of the bridge which could cause buzzing.
Good luck.
whoomit
1,492 IQ
It adds extra string length, which affects how easily the strings bend. The extra length will make bending easier.
Bottle of Dirt
She called me...Horsey
383 IQ
Awesome, thanks.
Yes, I'm from California, yes I like Hockey, no I do not like the Ducks, yes I like the Kings!