jimbob78
887 IQ
Hi there. I want a transparent pedal to boost the second channel on my 5153 for leads. I have an EP booster and a G2D Creamtone. The Creamtone is great, but just doesn't work with this amp.

I'm thinking: Klon clone/AC Booster/BB Preamp/Suhr Koko boost.

Any thoughts or elaborations?

Thanks.
Quote by Skraeling86
That's a lot of booze. Frankly, I'm impressed. You're of a stronger timber than the average man, jimbob! Hail you.

Quote by Bubban
Yes you should go to a doctor, fucking moron. We can't do anything about your hemorrhoid.

fastlanestoner
the nxt NEXT Nigel Tufnel
1,341 IQ
the EP is great, for sure one of the best pure boosters out there. the keeley katana is the real deal as well
Audio Ecstasy Productions!

Guitar/Backline Tech in the Los Angeles area and on tour!
Custom guitar pedals and cabling for stage and studio!

I set up DAWs and tweak computers to record audio. Hit me up @ audioecstasyproductions[at}gmail.com
kmister
377 IQ
Check out the new Mesa Tone Burst as well, great boost
Tremolo Bum
Addicted to FR
1,607 IQ
You could try an EQ pedal. You could use it as a boost and alter your tone a little so it's more punchy in the mix. Very versatile.

Jackson RR3 Rhoads and DK2M Dinky
Peavey 6505+ w/ Avatar 212 cab
Ibanez TS9, ISP Decimator, MXR 10 Band EQ
-Digitech RP1000
AWACS
I want all of the things
6,889 IQ
Budget?
Caution:
This post may contain my opinion and/or inaccurate information.

Current Rig:
2006 PRS CE-24
Mesa/Boogie Mark V
Voltage S212 w/ V30's
Strymon Timeline
CMATMods Signa Drive
TC Electronics Corona & Hall of Fame
R45VT
Doesn't speak guitar
1,110 IQ
The Klon clone isn't good enough. You need the real thing. Klon or go home.

Just kidding. MXR-10band.
Quote by DeathByDestroyr
See, it's important that people clarify when they say "metal", because I pretty much always assume they are a Cannibal Corpse fanboi.
jimbob78
887 IQ
The EP is awesome, but it does it's own thing. I want fat singing leads with big midrange, but no loss in clarity and no bass cut (tubescreamers etc). I find the MXR boost a bit plain. I've used one before. Think fat and smooth, but still clear. The amp takes pedals great anyway. My other 2 sound pretty good... I just want a different flavour. Thinking really between the Koko boost and the Klone.
Quote by Skraeling86
That's a lot of booze. Frankly, I'm impressed. You're of a stronger timber than the average man, jimbob! Hail you.

Quote by Bubban
Yes you should go to a doctor, fucking moron. We can't do anything about your hemorrhoid.

jimbob78
887 IQ
I've had a look at a few videos. I like the fatness that the Klon adds. I have a friend with an original one, and it sounds huge.
Quote by Skraeling86

Quote by Bubban

ikey_
4,739 IQ
lizard leg dragon boost or draconis double boost.

godlyke maxon dual boost

koko boost is good but darn is that thing massive for the board....

yes i have the EP boost and love it. what is it not doing for you? too much tone coloration?
Carvin CT624
Walden G630ce Acoustic
Carvin V3M, Avatar 2x12 WGS Reaper, vet 30
(crybaby, Fairfield circuitry Comp, GFS tuner, Vick Audio 73 Ram's Head, Xotic AC booster, lovepedal trem, TC Flashback, PGS Trinity Reverb, Walrus Audio Aetos power)
jimbob78
887 IQ
Thanks for the suggestions. I like it, but it doesn't quite have the fatness for an all out lead sound when playing a strat. It's almost a bit too hi-fi sometimes, but I do love it dearly. Great pedal for sure.
Quote by Skraeling86

Quote by Bubban

Robbgnarly
Tab Contributor
1,177 IQ
Klon KTR (these are the new production model)
PC Audio Timmy
2002 PRS CE22
2013 G&L ASAT Deluxe
2009 Epiphone G-400 (SH-4)
Marshall JCM2000 DSL100
Krank 1980 Jr 20watt
Krank Rev 4x12 (eminence V12)
GFS Greenie/Digitech Bad Monkey
Morley Bad Horsie 2
MXR Smart Gate
deadsmileyface
jesse's dead
2,011 IQ
Keeley's Java Boost is great, but pretty pricey. The MXR Micro Amp is pretty transparent, I would check that out.
ikey_
4,739 IQ
im going to have to re-mention these two...

lizard leg dragon boost or draconis double boost.

http://www.lizardlegeffects.com
Carvin CT624
Walden G630ce Acoustic
Carvin V3M, Avatar 2x12 WGS Reaper, vet 30
(crybaby, Fairfield circuitry Comp, GFS tuner, Vick Audio 73 Ram's Head, Xotic AC booster, lovepedal trem, TC Flashback, PGS Trinity Reverb, Walrus Audio Aetos power)
jfrith
10 IQ
Do yourself a HUGE favour an buy a Lizard Legs Draconis. Dual boost with an effects loop. Don't take my word for it look at some youtube..
NakedInTheRain
Registered Muser
1,499 IQ
Quote by jimbob78
I've had a look at a few videos. I like the fatness that the Klon adds. I have a friend with an original one, and it sounds huge.

arc effects klone is spot on. a/bed it with my ktr.