I K0nijn I
1,039 IQ
I'll start off with a picture:

A Mesa Boogie Lone Star.
I've only had it for a couple of hours, but I had already played it.
Traded in my Dual Rectifier for it and I'm glad I did.

A quick review:

I started with blank settings and started adjusting them.

Ch1.
I will use this as my clean channel, because channel 2 has more options for driving it (such as a thickness switch and an extra gain stage, although I don't need that). This clean channel is really insane. I was pretty surprised with the cleans on the dual rectifier, but this is a whole other level. Rings out beautifully and it's just plain awesome. I dare say I like this more than a Vox AC30, which always was my favourite clean tone. The built-in reverb isn't superb, but it's a nice added touch.

Ch2.
This will be my channel for drive sounds, as mentioned above and I'm really liking it. I have the feeling I would benefit from a nice overdrive pedal in front of it, but it sounds really good as it is as well, in my opinion. It has more than enough gain for what I need in my band and not too much either. It's still very defined even with the gain a little higher up. I don't think I'll be using the extra gain stage, honestly, as it has enough gain on the "clean" setting for me. I'll play around with it to see if it sounds better, but I'll see. :-)

All around, this is just exactly what I needed for my band. Sure, it doesn't do metal, which is a pity, but I intended on buying a separate amplifier for that anyway. Other than that, I like that it has reverb built-in, as I don't have a reverb pedal (yet) and some reverb on clean sounds is nice. I also am really glad it has a built-in volume boost that is footswitchable. It was probably the little thing I liked most of the Dual Rec. It also looks great, I love blue tolex with the silvery cloth.

It's rather noisy (it has some sort of cooling tank), but that doesn't matter when you play.
I might record some stuff later, but for now, I'll be playing around with it. :-)
Gibson SG
Fender CS Telecaster
Kemper Profiler
Robbgnarly
Tab Contributor
1,177 IQ
HNAD

Those amps have great cleans
2002 PRS CE22
2013 G&L ASAT Deluxe
2009 Epiphone G-400 (SH-4)
Marshall JCM2000 DSL100
Krank 1980 Jr 20watt
Krank Rev 4x12 (eminence V12)
GFS Greenie/Digitech Bad Monkey
Morley Bad Horsie 2
MXR Smart Gate
Charvel1995
Ronda Rousey Fanboy
1,873 IQ
Damn. I'm jealous. I love the Lonestar Series.

HNGD

Don't forget to update your sig
Main Rig:

Epiphone MKH Les Paul Custom 7 - Ronda
Ibanez RG8 "Scarlet" - AKA The Rambanez
Fender Strat "Danielle"/"Dani"
Line 6 POD HD Pro
Randall XL 4x12

Come join us...

Purchase list: Jim Root Tele, Jim Root Jazzmaster, MTM20
KG6_Steven
Eats ponies for breakfast
3,161 IQ
Congrats on the new amp! I also have a Lonestar V2 and a Lonestar Special here. I don't notice the cooling fan to be that much of a problem. In fact, I don't even hear it from here. If you like it now, just wait until you start playing around with the power tubes and swapping them out. My general experience was that the 6L6 tubes supplied with the amp created a bit of noise at the output. I tried some EL-34s in it and eventually some 6V6s, which I really like. I've also had a couple of issues with preamp tubes in my Lonestar - one preamp tube failed a week into ownership and I have another one right now that's a little spotty and causes the output to intermittently drop a little. Other than that, it's been a good amp. The Special hasn't experienced any problems at all.

Enjoy that new amp!
I K0nijn I
1,039 IQ
Quote by Soccerguy
Me and you have similar tastes my friend!
https://www.ultimate-guitar.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1579935

HNGD!

I'd love to have a Mark V in the future, but for now, it's too expensive for me. =P Hope you're having fun with yours though. :-)

@Ippon: One of your first?

@ihartfood: It works for now, yes, and I'm really happy. This will be a keeper I think, but I also thought the Dual Rec would've been and I can't see myself buying one again, honestly. :P Time will tell, I guess. GAS is a bitch.

@KG6_Steven: Thanks for the info, I'll take it into account when the tubes need replacement. :-) There are Mesa 6L6 tubes in it now (not the original ones) and it sounds great. I'll see what get in next.
Gibson SG
Fender CS Telecaster
Kemper Profiler
R45VT
Doesn't speak guitar
1,110 IQ
Sweet!
Quote by DeathByDestroyr
See, it's important that people clarify when they say "metal", because I pretty much always assume they are a Cannibal Corpse fanboi.
PeaveyPredatorX
858 IQ
i see that you have 2 cables running into the amp, whats the deal with that?
are you running into both channels at the same time or do you have an A/B box?
I K0nijn I
1,039 IQ
It's one input and one for the footswitch. :-)
Gibson SG
Fender CS Telecaster
Kemper Profiler
Dave_Mc
Chirp and Swirl
2,967 IQ
very nice
Quote by crownegamers
I saw in a couple of pictures that on Bucketheads Les Paul (only some pictures) that his neck pickup is painted in white. Can anyone explain to me why he would do this, and if there are any pros and cons.

Quote by dspellman
The guy wears a KFC Bucket and a white mask during performances, and you're interested in the color of his pickup covers?

I K0nijn I
1,039 IQ
I was glad it wasn't a combo, I don't like hauling 65 pound stuff around. :P
It's blue tolex with silvery cloth. :-)
Gibson SG
Fender CS Telecaster
Kemper Profiler