Page 2 of 2
Yeah. Noted that. But as captaincranky said (and I agree) when playing it on the guitar it's much easier to play the meldoy over an open D than E on account of the tuning - unless you have a capo handy and I usually do but I have a sexy deep voice and D suits better.
Si
He said that, did he? I dunno, I didn't read his posts. I just double stopped the melody in E.

Quote by Captaoncranky
A teacher with an extraordinary ear showed me the song when I first came, transcribed the vocal harmonies and all.

Lol, it's really not that hard dude.
---7-9--7-5-4-------------------0
---9-10-9-7-5-7-10-10-----10----0
--------------9-9--10-9-7-7---6-4
----------------------9-7-(7)-7-6
-----------------------------
--0--------------------------
Last edited by mdc at Jan 3, 2013,
yeah but you do have an incredibly ear mdc
Quote by theogonia777
Hail killed MT

Quote by jongtr
I want to be Hail when I grow up.
Quote by Hail
it actually does, but in the sense that the only "modes" are the major and minor keys

Yeah I just don't buy into the "keys are modes" reasoning.
And no, Guitar Hero will not help. Even on expert. Really.
Soundcloud
Quote by mdc
Lol, it's really not that hard dude.
Nor is it this easy, dude:

Oh, you'll need one of these "drop "D" capos" also :

I just didn't think this thread would be complete without a couple of sight gags. Well, that and you hurt my feelings saying you ignore my posts. I figure these are a twitch harder to ignore.

That guitar is stereo, so you could pump the humbucker through an octave pedal. Which could only enhance the open D major chord hijinks.

Sorry, for the misprint, this is the stereo model:
Last edited by Captaincranky at Jan 3, 2013,
Quote by AlanHB
Yeah I just don't buy into the "keys are modes" reasoning.

well i mean it's a completely different use of the word modes, there are literally 3 different definitions of modes in music and they're all completely different.

unless you want to find a better word for "modulation", we're kinda stuck with the major/minor modes, though
Quote by theogonia777
Hail killed MT

Quote by jongtr
I want to be Hail when I grow up.
Page 2 of 2