Page 15 of 15
TheChaz
Other Barry
543 IQ
Bought a caliper/tape measure set off amazon so I can track my progress better. I'm at 10.5% body fat roughly. I want to drop to 8%. Also, got on creatine to try to speed up my gains.
JustRooster
Internet Bully
7,164 IQ
Lost 10lbs of my winter weight already and got back to the same weights I was doing when I was lifting daily overseas. Not bad for just over 3 months of progress. Should be pretty bangin' by the time it hits real summer here in Wisconsin.

Quote by EyeNon15
Thats too bad, I was under the impression I was arguing something profound

LostLegion
32CSM
2,216 IQ
I hope I turn into one of those fitness junkies. Like did anyone see the episode in 1000 Ways To Die where these two guys are trying to lift more and more heavier weights, then one of the lads tries to bench press a huge pipe but it falls onto his neck and he dies of asphyxiation? I want to die like that.

Also, these are my two favourite motivational pictures:

I should probably use my bodybuilding.com more often.
Last edited by LostLegion at Apr 6, 2013,
solo_freak
pizza e mandolino
271 IQ
Ran my 10k today, finished in 50 minutes. Super happy with my time. This was the first 10k I've ever taken part in, and tbh, I would have been happy to just run the whole thing without rests. I feel like today has been very productive

Forza Juve

'e voglia 'e mettere rum, chi nasce strunz' nun po' addiventà babbà
LostLegion
32CSM
2,216 IQ
I think I pulled my left bicep so I'm going to have to take it easy on that now.
WCPhils
UnBanned
731 IQ
Quote by LostLegion
I think I pulled my left bicep so I'm going to have to take it easy on that now.

I think I did the same thing yesterday playing basketball. My left arm is killing me

Looks like I'll just be doing cardio and leg stuff for a little bit

Quote by solo_freak
Ran my 10k today, finished in 50 minutes. Super happy with my time. This was the first 10k I've ever taken part in, and tbh, I would have been happy to just run the whole thing without rests. I feel like today has been very productive

Nice!
___

Quote by The_Blode
she was saying things like... do you want to netflix and chill but just the chill part...too bad she'll never know that I only like the Netflix part...
TheChaz
Other Barry
543 IQ
So on Monday I'll be starting a two week carb cycling routine to try to cut a little fat. I just did a 4 site skinfold test and I'm at 11.2% bodyfat. I'm hoping to drop down to 9%. Then I'm gonna use this
http://www.bodybuilding.com/store/opt/gainer.html?MCID=CG-PLA-US&mr%3AtrackingCode=25F1AED0-BC1A-E111-973E-001517384908&mr%3AreferralID=NA&mr%3AadType=pla&mr%3Aad=24565933986&mr%3Akeyword=&mr%3Amatch=&mr%3Afilter=26441253562
to try to get some more mass while keeping lean.
macaroni
UG's Colourblind Guy
750 IQ
Is it too late to sign up? I wanna get some motivation to lose my keg and maybe even abs, also gain 5kgs of pure muscle. Starting weight 80.6kg.
Sincerely,
Shitstirrer
lolmnt
Earth of the Butt
4,159 IQ
Quote by macaroni
Is it too late to sign up? I wanna get some motivation to lose my keg and maybe even abs, also gain 5kgs of pure muscle. Starting weight 80.6kg.
Never too late.
*-)
Quote by Bob_Sacamano
i kinda wish we all had a penis and vagina instead of buttholes

i mean no offense to buttholes and poop or anything

Rest in Peace, Troy Davis and Trayvon Martin and Jordan Davis and Eric Garner and Mike Brown
macaroni
UG's Colourblind Guy
750 IQ
Cheers bud. Just did some cardio, goddamn killed me
Sincerely,
Shitstirrer
ChaosInside
aspiring scientist
13 IQ
So I kinda failed after a few weeks. I got really busy with uni stuff and kinda lost the drive to do it.

In other news though, I somehow got myself a place on one of the two teams from my study association for the so called "Batavierenrace". Dutch students will probably know. Its a 175 km relay race, teams of 25. My part is 7.8k, so just short of 5 miles.

So I haven't really trained in quite a while, but I do still have a good running technique. Any tips? I probably have time to go for two training runs, tomorrow and monday/tuesday.
solo_freak
pizza e mandolino
271 IQ
Quote by ChaosInside
So I kinda failed after a few weeks. I got really busy with uni stuff and kinda lost the drive to do it.

In other news though, I somehow got myself a place on one of the two teams from my study association for the so called "Batavierenrace". Dutch students will probably know. Its a 175 km relay race, teams of 25. My part is 7.8k, so just short of 5 miles.

So I haven't really trained in quite a while, but I do still have a good running technique. Any tips? I probably have time to go for two training runs, tomorrow and monday/tuesday.

Good luck!

I recently had a 10k run, and I hate running and never do much of it. The point it, as long as it's under 10k, you can pretty much improvise it as long as you are moderately in shape. You probably won't get a good time, but if you pace yourself you are easily going to finish it. For the two training sessions, just sit down, determine a path around your neighborhood, and run.
For my run, the only training I had was a couple of treadmill sessions (about 20 minutes each) and two 5k runs. Keep in mind that was the most I had ever run up to that point.

Forza Juve

'e voglia 'e mettere rum, chi nasce strunz' nun po' addiventà babbà
The_Casinator
No Touching!
544 IQ
Quote by ChaosInside

Which association are you in, you bastard?

I'd just build up as much as you can. If you were a good runner at some point, it's pretty easy to get back to that level. You wouldn't need a two months like a beginner, more like two weeks.

Plus, it's the Batavierenrace. While some take it seriously, I know some people run drunk.
steve_muse
beating a dead forum
419 IQ
What are the most effective exercises to bulk up thoae manly shoulders?
Quote by ErikLensherr
Did you hear about the cockney Godfather?

He made them an offer they couldn't understand.
N_J_B_B
Nicko.
1,326 IQ
Over head press
Quote by SlackerBabbath
My ideal woman would be a grossly overweight woman who would happy go jogging, come home all sweaty and let me put my dick under her armpit while she shuffles a pack of cards.

Stay classy, pit.
DiminishedFifth
Absolute Imperfection
3,247 IQ
I think I can get in on this. My goals are a little different, but still "active".

Goals:
  • Become better at tricking
  • Become a little bigger (bulk up: in particular, chest, traps, and lats; currently weigh ~140 - 145, I wanna be at or around 155 - 165 before the year is out)
  • Get up to 20 or so pull-ups

1: I'm a decent tricker, but I've made some huge strides this last couple of weeks, landing more kicks, more flips, and more advanced twists.

2: I just have a tiny chest, but the rest of me is a little buff. It looks really awkward, though I need to bulk up in general though. Gaining weight for me is really hard and a lot of my friends have the opposite problem, so it's a little off-putting for me to talk to them about this

3: Pull-ups are always good More pull-ups = more (functional) strength.
steve_muse
beating a dead forum
419 IQ
^gaining weight is difficult for me too. I've been 8 stone, 7 pounds for god knows how long. And cheers, njbb, will get on that.
Quote by ErikLensherr

ChaosInside
aspiring scientist
13 IQ
Quote by The_Casinator
Which association are you in, you bastard?

I'd just build up as much as you can. If you were a good runner at some point, it's pretty easy to get back to that level. You wouldn't need a two months like a beginner, more like two weeks.

Plus, it's the Batavierenrace. While some take it seriously, I know some people run drunk.
The association I'm in is A-Eskwadraat, one of the largest beta associations in Utrecht.

Well yeah, we have two teams, the serious team and the beer team. I'm on the latter of course, not having trained and being the backup and such. The party afterwards is going to be amazing, which the main motivation of the beer team from what I've gathered.

I used to run 10 km's when I was like 8 years old. I'm still impressed by that more than 10 years down the line, I don't quite understand how I did that at that age.
DiminishedFifth
Absolute Imperfection
3,247 IQ
Quote by LostLegion
I'd do pullups if I had somewhere to put a bar...

I used bleachers and the rafters in my garage when I didn't have a bar Anything that can hold your weight and you can wrap your hands around it, you can do pull ups on.
LostLegion
32CSM
2,216 IQ
Just back from an 8.5 km cycle and dayum it was good. My first time being on my bike in a while and I will definitely be doing it more often.
N_J_B_B
Nicko.
1,326 IQ
Keep going Legion. Cycling is one of my favourite forms of exercise.

If you're consistent with your rides you'll be at 100km rides in no time - serious
Quote by SlackerBabbath
My ideal woman would be a grossly overweight woman who would happy go jogging, come home all sweaty and let me put my dick under her armpit while she shuffles a pack of cards.

Stay classy, pit.
WCPhils
UnBanned
731 IQ
Quote by N_J_B_B
Keep going Legion. Cycling is one of my favourite forms of exercise.

If you're consistent with your rides you'll be at 100km rides in no time - serious

It's true. It's one of those things where it just gets easier and easier every time. I don't know if I ever went 100km, but I know when I used to cycle a lot I would get 50+ miles sometimes. I guess that's a little less than 100km.

Did 100 pullups today
___

Quote by The_Blode
she was saying things like... do you want to netflix and chill but just the chill part...too bad she'll never know that I only like the Netflix part...
lolmnt
Earth of the Butt
4,159 IQ
Congrats dude
*-)
Quote by Bob_Sacamano
i kinda wish we all had a penis and vagina instead of buttholes

i mean no offense to buttholes and poop or anything

Rest in Peace, Troy Davis and Trayvon Martin and Jordan Davis and Eric Garner and Mike Brown
boreamor
^(^_^)^
751 IQ
Guys if you want to start running, try Zombies, Run! app. All my friends use it and they love it. Atm I'm just trying to get to a point where I want to use it, and my asthma isn't playing up.
WCPhils
UnBanned
731 IQ
Quote by element4433
Congrats dude
Thanks!

Quote by boreamor
Guys if you want to start running, try Zombies, Run! app. All my friends use it and they love it. Atm I'm just trying to get to a point where I want to use it, and my asthma isn't playing up.

Oh cool, I'll have to check that out. The elliptical machine and biking have been getting boring. I'll have to try some running.
___

Quote by The_Blode
Last edited by WCPhils at Apr 22, 2013,
boreamor
^(^_^)^
751 IQ
Going to start up my workout routine again. Mainly indoor house stuff until I feel a bit fitter to go running. Push ups, sit ups, squats, and a few other things that I can't remember the name of. Hopefully if my leg muscles build up a bit over the next few weeks I'll start running.
steve_muse
beating a dead forum
419 IQ
Man, as cheesy as those Insanity infomercials are, they're certainly motivational.
Quote by ErikLensherr

thePTOD
UG Fanatic
2,585 IQ
I did the 100 push up challenge regimen with my friend, we had to repeat some weeks a lot but we were able to hit 100. In the last 2 weeks we haven't done much because of finals and tests but this summer we will get back into it. I'm glad to say I was able to hit 100, and I can do 50-70 push ups at any given moment now.
Quote by willT08
Quote by HowSoonisNow
How was Confucius death metal?
You've clearly never read any Confuscius.

As I wait on the edge of the earth,
I can see the walls being torn down again
Only to be rebuilt in another name,
On a different day
steve_muse
beating a dead forum
419 IQ
So I just did a workout in my local park, calisthenic kingx style.
Quote by ErikLensherr

guitarxo
cat
1,647 IQ
I did insanity for a few months last year. More than the health/exercise benefits, it got me used to pushing myself and working out every day, same time, no excuses because I did it with a group of 12 people.

I haven't made a ton of progress recently but I did convince my dad to start lifting with me, which is great. I'm going to the gym with him tomorrow. Kinda nervous though because he'll be expecting me to teach him how to do everything (he's only done bodyweight stuff before and the gym has no staff, it's just a room with equipment). I'm going to look up some videos to show him when he gets back later tonight but still.
cat
fc89konkari
UG Addict
2,061 IQ
A week ago I kicked the bloody ass of my first goal, half marathon in under 1.50. Final time was 1.42 YEAHHH!!! Feels good Good luck y'all!