Page 3 of 3
snipelfritz
Senior Fun Correspondent
1,554 IQ
Quote by So-Cal
Americans don't have enough cognition to use roundabouts silly

Sadly, I'm thinking this is true as well based on the responses in this thread.
BOOM-SHAKALAKALAKA-BOOM-SHAKALAKUNGA
naedauuf
1,025 IQ
I think it's more that people from North America have no practice with roundabouts. I've NEVER even seen one before the one that was built in my town.
Quote by MetalGS3SE
This is the best idea I have ever heard. Ever.

Naedauuf for president people.

Todd Hart
Do Sadists go to Hell?
153 IQ
Quote by So-Cal

I'm getting this impression.
...Stapling helium to penguins since 1949.
lolmnt
Earth of the Butt
4,159 IQ
Quote by So-Cal
It's more that they're uncommon, so there's little experience. When you see one it's like "Wait, What?!"

But when there's one in your regular route it's not an issue.
*-)
Quote by Bob_Sacamano
i kinda wish we all had a penis and vagina instead of buttholes

i mean no offense to buttholes and poop or anything

Rest in Peace, Troy Davis and Trayvon Martin and Jordan Davis and Eric Garner and Mike Brown
Sampy
196 IQ
Quote by naedauuf
I think it's more that people from North America have no practice with roundabouts. I've NEVER even seen one before the one that was built in my town.

It's definitely this. But it's still hilarious for someone who uses them everyday without even thinking about it to see "OMG roundabouts are terrifying death traps!"
"Music snobbery is the worst kind of snobbery. 'Oh, you like those noises? Those sounds in your ear? Do you like them? They're the wrong sounds. You should like these sounds in your ear.'"
- Dara O'Briain
Dirge Humani
Tyler
282 IQ
Quote by element4433
It's more that they're uncommon, so there's little experience. When you see one it's like "Wait, What?!"

But when there's one in your regular route it's not an issue.

No nonsense nobody could ever simply just not be used to something it has to be that all Americans are morons. I'm sure if any of these people ragging on about stupid Americans came here they'd pick up the minor differences like not having tax included in the price tag instantly with no complaints whatsoever.
Quote by Hydra150
I tried to open the kitchen door and accidentally turned the light off instead

now googling "how to pasta"
Todd Hart
Do Sadists go to Hell?
153 IQ
muricans, y u hav such thin skin?
Arby911
Finding the Pattern
832 IQ
Quote by Todd Hart
muricans, y u hav such thin skin?

Better weather conditions...
“Ignorance more frequently begets confidence than does knowledge.”
Charles Darwin
ecvMatt
clamper
36 IQ
There's two in my town. They are easy to use and better than having a 4 way stop. That said, most folks are too dumb to figure it out and either stop when it isn't called for or cut someone off.
Quote by CodChick

Seriously, I'm not a fan of iphones and guitars mixing.
Mistress_Ibanez
994 IQ
People laughing at the stupidity of American drivers may do well to note that in the UK we had to change the signs leading up to roundabouts. They used to say what was left (first exit) and what was right (third exit). Some people took that to mean they should go around them the wrong way rather than go 3/4 of the way around.
WaterGod
BernieBro
541 IQ
Are you kidding. There's like a million roundabouts where I live. Every 10 freaking feet there's another roundabout. I have to go through a roundabout just to get on the other side of the Interstate.
daytripper75
Hold mah diiiick!
2,960 IQ
They exist, but aren't very common. I know of a few in my general area.

I dislike them, but that's probably because I don't use them very often.
diskothek
Baby casserole
397 IQ
There are plenty around where I live. I think they're more common in more densley populated areas that were founded farther back in our country's history (like Massachusetts, for example). Because of this the road systems grew in a more similar fashion to the UK (winding around what had already been there).

And around here we call it a rotary.
stratman_13
666lb bongsession
2,002 IQ
There's a few around Richmond, but honestly they're more of a pain in the ass than anything. Nobody knows how to make their way about one.

I think they're a pretty useless piece of road construction . Unless they're built around something. The ones in Richmond are all around the statues on Monument, so they serve a purpose.
--

How do you say "I'm okay" to an answering machine?

--
Todd Hart
Do Sadists go to Hell?
153 IQ
Quote by stratman_13
There's a few around Richmond, but honestly they're more of a pain in the ass than anything. Nobody knows how to make their way about one.

I think they're a pretty useless piece of road construction . Unless they're built around something. The ones in Richmond are all around the statues on Monument, so they serve a purpose.

They're about the most efficient way to arrange a junction.
necrosis1193
UG Nerd
8,778 IQ
I never understood why you don't just put an intersection in its place. Civil engineers please explain?

There are a few around here, but they're pretty uncommon, usually they're on one end of a bridge over a highway.
Hey you! Yes, you! Buy my music! It's cool and stuff!

Baltimore Orioles: 2014 AL Eastern division champions, 2015: 81-81
Baltimore Ravens: 2012 world champions, 2015: 5-11
2015 Pick 'Em: 155-101
WCPhils
UnBanned
731 IQ
Quote by diskothek
There are plenty around where I live. I think they're more common in more densley populated areas that were founded farther back in our country's history (like Massachusetts, for example). Because of this the road systems grew in a more similar fashion to the UK (winding around what had already been there).

And around here we call it a rotary.

Nah, I live right outside Philadelphia and don't think I've ever seen one in the area. Just as old of an area
___

Quote by The_Blode
she was saying things like... do you want to netflix and chill but just the chill part...too bad she'll never know that I only like the Netflix part...
Arby911
Finding the Pattern
832 IQ
Quote by Todd Hart
They're about the most efficient way to arrange a junction.

Really? I would have thought multi-level roadways where no one has to stop or yield would be more efficient?
Charles Darwin
IronMaiden76
UG's Krabby Patty
2,300 IQ
They're pretty common in Massachusetts. There's one by where I live, in Connecticut, that people call "The Circle". There was a Greek pizza joint called "Circle Pizza" but the guy sold it and it sucks now lol.
Call me Chris
Quote by jimihendrix6699
had a blast until the person in front of me whipped out his dick and started pissing all over the floor..

Ducks and guitars or fish and guitars. I lead a simple existence
Last edited by IronMaiden76 at Jan 4, 2013,
Todd Hart
Do Sadists go to Hell?
153 IQ
Quote by Arby911
Really? I would have thought multi-level roadways where no one has to stop or yield would be more efficient?

And I'm sure you'll be able to fit a multi-level roadway in the middle of a village.
Arby911
Finding the Pattern
832 IQ
Quote by Todd Hart
And I'm sure you'll be able to fit a multi-level roadway in the middle of a village.

Not a problem we have here, we're not all squished together like you silly Europeans...

More seriously, roundabouts are of course a very good solution to intersections, but not here in the US because as much as it pains me to say it, most of us are pretty shoddy drivers in comparison to the rest of the industrialized world...
Charles Darwin
Todd Hart
Do Sadists go to Hell?
153 IQ
Quote by jetfuel495
people in america are jackasses and don't know how to use their indicators so roundabouts would never work

we had one in the museum district of downtown houston, i'm surprised i made it through as many times as i did without dying

People not indicating their exit/the fact they're heading right isn't just a problem in America. Looking at people's lights at a roundabout is a waste of time, all about dem wheels.
WCPhils
UnBanned
731 IQ
Quote by Arby911

More seriously, roundabouts are of course a very good solution to intersections, but not here in the US because as much as it pains me to say it, most of us are pretty shoddy drivers in comparison to the rest of the industrialized world...

Most likely because we give people their license when their 16 after a ridiculously simple test
___

Quote by The_Blode
she was saying things like... do you want to netflix and chill but just the chill part...too bad she'll never know that I only like the Netflix part...
Amuro Jay
JOHNNY STOCK
8,211 IQ
Quote by Todd Hart
People not indicating their exit/the fact they're heading right isn't just a problem in America. Looking at people's lights at a roundabout is a waste of time, all about dem wheels.
In that case, allow me to rephrase;

Too many American drivers have absolutely no idea what they're doing behind the wheel and would the the cause of the downfall of our civilization if roundabouts were implemented.
Mark Roxx
UG Dismember
472 IQ
Where I live there are about 2 within a 50 mile radius.
That which does not kill us makes us cookies.
Arby911
Finding the Pattern
832 IQ
Quote by jetfuel495
people in america are jackasses and don't know how to use their indicators so roundabouts would never work

we had one in the museum district of downtown houston, i'm surprised i made it through as many times as i did without dying

It's still there, and people are still just as stupid...

Quote by jetfuel495
In that case, allow me to rephrase;

Too many American drivers have absolutely no idea what they're doing behind the wheel and would the the cause of the downfall of our civilization if roundabouts were implemented.

Agreed, a smart terrorist wouldn't need a bomb, just a construction company...
Charles Darwin
Last edited by Arby911 at Jan 4, 2013,