antiflag125462
God
1,338 IQ
Alright, so I am fairly new to this. I have been "programming" my drums using guitar pro for the last couple years and have grasped to a pretty high level, theoretical drumming. However, I have not a damn clue how to play them, just what is realistic to play by a real drummer and how to map it out. I am in the process of doing a solo project and I want to program my drums for it but I am having a lot of trouble grasping how to actually do it. So I bought Superior Drummer, thinking, that it was all I really needed to do my drum programming. Low and behold, I either didn't research nearly enough, or I am to retarded to use the program at this moment. I am pretty sure I was just terrible at researching it. Anyways, what I have gathered from my research tonight, is that I need to get some recording software. Is this all I need? Will this allow me to map out my drums without ever having to literally tap out a rhythm? I am confused help me troubleshoot, tell me what I am doing wrong... I feel like an idiot, but could really use some help. Anyone that has some experience with Superior Drummer or drum programming in general, lemme know.
Shor
581 IQ
Well you should use superior in conjunction with a DAW (like Logic, ProTools, Cubase etc) so you can use it as an actual instrument.
As far as programming goes, you can still use GP and just export the midi-files.
Then it's just a matter of drag&dropping the midi file to your DAW of choice and modifying the dynamic levels to your liking. Possibly moving the midi notes if you want to use different drums/cymbals.
Things with strings:
Ibanez J.Custom, Prestiges, RG8, SR5 bass etc
LP's, Strat, Tele
Noiseboxes:
ENGL Retro Tube 50
5150 III 50W
Orange Terror Bass
antiflag125462
God
1,338 IQ
Thank you man, I just wanted to be sure before I went out and bought something that was going to end up being unnecessary. I really appreciate the reply!