whyze250f
UG's OCD resident.
1,246 IQ
Pretty much all through college I took exceptional care of my guitars but since moving back in with my parents and now living in the attic, I seem to have scratched and dinged every single one of my guitars because of the low vaulted ceilings or tripping over shit because my room is too small for all the crap I've acquired over 3 years of living in an apartment.

I get the saying use and abuse, but I just got a new takamine on thursday, and what do you know I put a nice scratch in the headstock. Kicking myself in the ass.
Ibanez RG1550 Prestige
Schecter C1 Hellraiser
MIJ Ibanez Pro-line 1550
Takamine eg340c
Peavey 6505+ 112 combo
Ibanez Tubescreamer TS- 9
ISP Decimator
MXR M234 Analog Chorus
DeltaLab Digital Delay
Planet Waves Tuner Pedal
POD HD300
Last edited by whyze250f at Jan 6, 2013,
Heideck
719 IQ
My guitars are in absolute mint condition. But I have quite a lot of room, so no danger to hit a wall or furniture with them. It is certain that if you have a small room, there are more "dangers" to scratch them
Jackson DK2FS
Fernandes FR-65

Morley pro series pedal
BBE two time Delay
Empress Nebulus
Subdecay Quantum Quasar
Solid Gold FX Nitro

Blackstar HT stage 100
Marshal 1922 2x12 (V-30, Greenback)
FatalGear41
War Mastiff!!!
1,381 IQ
My Les Paul Standard CSB is disgustingly well-cared for; so much so that it is indeed in "mint" condition. My Carvin Icon-6 sixgun bass also meets the standard.
"Drinking is a skill and should be recognized as such!"

Quote by gregs1020
FatalGear41 knows the ways of the obscure. I hear it's just not with Gibsons. Beware, Halloween approaches...

Quote by Spaz91
DAMNIT FATALGEAR YOU RUINED MUH FLOW!
Final
i'manevenworsemess.
877 IQ
I, personally, can't help but ding up or scratch up my guitars through playing regardless of how well I try and keep them looking nice, but I also love the look of damaged guitars, so it's no big deal to me, haha.
Axe Murderer
1,428 IQ
My ESP EclipseII, Deluxe Ameican Strat, and Roadword Strat are all mint.
Tempoe
. . . ∆ . . .
2,511 IQ
My Ibanez Prestige was mint, now almost 3 years and its got about a dozen dings in the body. Seems to take a chunk out even if I just tap it on something. I was gonna contour it more on the edges for comfort on my lap and probably not bother painting where I trim it, keep the front and back looking ok
dannyalcatraz
Black Cherry Jello
3,265 IQ
Generally, they're in good shape across the entire assembly: I have one or two that are pretty pristine, I have some dings on some others. None are really messed up.
Sturgeon's 2nd Law, a.k.a. Sturgeon's Revelation: “Ninety percent of everything is crap.”

Why, yes, I am a lawyer- thanks for asking!

alhaq369
It is very impotent to success a business.
krehzeekid
Me like guitars
316 IQ
Nothing mint, but no beaters either. I gig all my guitars- it's inevitable that something will get dinged on stage or during transit. However, I try to look after everything as well as possible, so nothing is too damaged or anything.

my les paul was decapitated at one point (leaning on my amp enjoying feedback and a bassist crashed into me)- but save for a few finish blemishes it's near perfect again.
Don't sweat the petty things and don't pet the sweaty things...
W4RP1G
Please, call me Pig.
2,847 IQ
My first guitar, a Samick. So many hours played, not a scratch on it. Also, my RG770DX, but it was a factory second for a finish crack in the neck pocket, which I guess means it isn't mint.
griffin888
65 IQ
Nope. Guitars are meant to be played, and when guitars are used, things are bound to happen. Overall my guitars are in pretty good condition, but tiny dings here and there seem inevitable.
trashedlostfdup
diet coke fiend.
13,435 IQ
both of my prestiges would be considered mint (i don't gig with them very often, in fact one has never left the room.

and i have one 11/400 Gibson, which thank god is mint.

other than that i probably have 12 'good' condition guitars and two 'fair'.
WTLT 2014 GG&A

Quote by andersondb7
alright "king of the guitar forum"

Quote by trashedlostfdup
nope i am "GOD of the guitar forum" i think that fits me better.

Quote by andersondb7
youre just being a jerk man.
NotTheMessiah30
UG Fanatic
741 IQ
My Horizon FRII is in mint condition, as is my RR3 besides one tiny dent that you have too look for. A couple of my others are in very close to mint condition as well. Generally i just try to take good care of them.
PsiGuy60
UG's Least Wanted
603 IQ
I try very hard to take care of my guitars, but I can't say any of hem are mint condition.
Pretty much all of my guitars have scratches and dents on them.
Ceci n'est pas une signature.
Dayn
536 IQ
Yep. It's so mint, it doesn't even exist.

Otherwise, no. Good condition? Hell yeah, I baby my RG2228. But general wear will always happen. Undetectable scratches in the paint unless up close... very tiny little spots where paint is worn ever so slightly along the edges of the body... some parts of the bridge where the paint has rubbed off and started rusting.

Not mint, but in great condition nonetheless.
Ibanez RG2228 w/ EMG808Xs | Line 6 POD HD500 | Mackie HD1221
NotTheMessiah30
UG Fanatic
741 IQ
Quote by PsiGuy60
I try very hard to take care of my guitars, but I can't say any of hem are mint condition.
Pretty much all of my guitars have scratches and dents on them.

It can be hard to avoid sometimes and in all honesty I think i got lucky with the RR3 as i've had that for 7 years or so and it's never been kept in a case.
MrFlibble
Puts a bangin' donk on it
4,127 IQ
An Epi LP, but that's in the process of being sold. Got a Washburn WG-587 which is nearly mint, bit dusty though under the bridge and on the headstock as I never wipe it down.
Other than those two, all my instruments are heavily modded, bar my first guitar, an Epi Joe Perry LP, which is stock but has picked up a fair few knocks.
Yes, I know everything. No, I can't play worth a damn.
A child is trafficked and sold for sex slavery every 30 seconds. Support Love146.
Delboyuk_01
855 IQ
I have 3 that I could truly say are mint, most of my guitars I bought used so they weren't mint when I got them. A couple of them I've even gigged with and they're still faultless, accidents do happen though, I'm just VERY carefull.
JackalUK
979 IQ
The ESP is I think, even after a few light knocks. No visible damage. My V has a few dings on the fins.
RiseTheFallen
1,564 IQ
My ESP is the relic version of the Eclipse. So... I guess its always mint.
resum
1,050 IQ
I've a seriouse problem about playing a new guitar in mint condition.
It feels like i hold a baby.
So, i'm happy when the guitar gets the first ding/scratch but also at the same time i could kill myself.
Mephaphil
No empty frets.
1,956 IQ
My Tele is completely mint. I need to **** all my guitars up a bit. I really do treat them like babies.

One thing I really don't want is any dings on is the back of the neck. I would hate to feel them as I play. The body would be fine, but not the neck, no sirree.
Quote by Shredwizard445
Go ahead and spend your money, I don't care. It won't make you sound better.

Quote by Shredwizard445
Sure upgrading your gear will make you sound better.

LP_CL
Gimme a beer!
2,072 IQ
My Hufschmid, ESP eclipse, Washburn CS, Mayones Legend Are absolute mint. My ESP Horizon is nearly mint and my Music man and PRS are in used condition.
Hufschmid
Blackat
Washburn USA Custom Shop
PRS
Mayones
Orange
Diezel
Engl
Wesbanez
Registered Abuser
1,380 IQ
Three of my four guitars are second hand and are in very good nick, but not perfect. The only guitar I've ever bought new, my Shecter Tempest Hellraiser is I would say, mint.

Mint is overrated, guitars need a few dings and discolouration to have mojo
xhisor
Yes.
653 IQ
All my guitars are mint except my Yamaha which was in pretty bad condition when i got it, bit i kind of like the personality it bings to the guitar.
gr8 b8 m8 i r8 8/8
Van Noord
Deactivated
937 IQ
I think the word mint gets thrown around too much. Just because it has no obvious scratches or dings that doesn't mean it qualifies as mint.
Mint is untouched and never cleaned because it has never been dirty/dusty.
"Near mint" is a more accurate term 99% of the time where the word mint is used.
MARSHALL JVM 210H
PEAVEY JSX
KRANK 412
MESA 412
FENDER STRATS
DIMARZIO
CELESTION
guidothepimmp
23 IQ
Quote by Axe Murderer
My ESP EclipseII, Deluxe Ameican Strat, and Roadword Strat are all mint.

Love the irony of a mint roadworn
Van Noord
Deactivated
937 IQ
Quote by guidothepimmp
Love the irony of a mint roadworn

More of an oxymoron actually.
MARSHALL JVM 210H
PEAVEY JSX
KRANK 412
MESA 412
FENDER STRATS
DIMARZIO
CELESTION
desperatechris
Banned
719 IQ
Yes my strat is mint. Also i am very carefull with my guitars. Or just the ones that where really expensiv.
thebestjoe
546 IQ
I wouldn't consider any mint, but with some, without inspecting you'd think they are.

Of the guitars I've gotten new, I've chipped the headstock in my Warlock, there's a paint chip on the side point thing of my Warbeast (Oddly, neither of these have any paint chip on the lower horns), my Dean has a few nicks in the neck and a long scratch down it, and my Schecter Damien-8 has a few dents on the side of it opposite the jack. My Hello Kitty guitar obviously isn't mint if anyone has seen the thread I made when I got it.

Of my used ones, the Ibby RGR(numbers and letters go here) is in the best condition, only a small paint chip at the point of the headstock.
Ibanez
Universe UV777 Signed by Steve Vai
Prestige RG2027X with Bare Knuckle Aftermaths
RG7621 swirled
Prestige RG1420
AEL207E
JAHellraiser
2,405 IQ
Yeah, the guitars I bought new are. Even my acoustic that is damn near as old as I am (20 this year) is in pretty good condition considering it's been between Michigan and the Middle East. My first electric which was bought used has a couple of dings, mostly from the last owner and one from where my little sister hit it.
Supernaut2k
Blackmore Worshipper
64 IQ
I never ding my guitars, but i tend to get a lot of pick scratches and fret wear.