http://www.guardian.co.uk/uk/2013/jan/07/edl-leader-jailed-passport-us

EDL leader Stephen Lennon pleaded guilty to possession of a false identity document with improper intention after entering the US illegally. Photograph: AFP/Getty Images
The leader of the English Defence League has been jailed for 10 months for using someone else's passport to travel to the United States.

Stephen Lennon, 30, pleaded guilty to possession of a false identity document with improper intention, contrary to the Identity Documents Act 2010, at Southwark crown court in London.

The court heard Lennon, who had previously been refused entry to the US, used his friend Andrew McMaster's passport to travel to New York in September. He used a self-check-in kiosk to board the flight at Heathrow, and was allowed through when the document was checked in the bag-drop area.

But when he arrived at JFK, customs officials who took his fingerprints realised he was not McMaster. Lennon was asked to attend a second interview but left the airport, entering the US illegally.

He stayed one night and travelled back to the UK using his own passport, which bears the name Paul Harris. The EDL leader uses several aliases.

The court heard he was jailed for assault in 2005 and has previous convictions for drugs offences and public order offences.

Judge Alistair McCreath told him on Monday: "I am going to sentence you under the name of Stephen Lennon, although I suspect that is not actually your true name, in the sense that it is not the name that appears on your passport.

"You knew perfectly well that you were not welcome in the United States. You knew that because you tried before and you had not got in, and you knew the reason for that – because, rightly or wrongly, the US authorities do not welcome people in their country who have convictions of the kind that you have.

"With that full knowledge, you equipped yourself with a passport. I am told that it was given you by way of a loan from your friend Andrew McMaster, to which you bore, I am told, some resemblance. And by use of that passport you did what you could to get into the United States."

He said Lennon had used his own passport to flee the US to "avoid the consequences that would have fallen upon you had you been caught by the authorities in America".

Incredible
hello
Sweet irony! anyone else see this on Dick Coughlans page?
o()o

Quote by JamSessionFreak
yes every night of my entire life i go to bed crying because i wasnt born american
aaand stay out.
Quote by EpiExplorer
I swear this guy in particular writes for the telegraph or some shit.

Quote by Fat Lard
My name can actually be traced back to as early as the 1990s, it means "fuck off data miner"
But when he arrived at JFK, customs officials who took his fingerprints realised he was not McMaster.

Wut? they not only take fingerprints now but they also have everyone's fingerprints on file? the **** is this shit?
Quote by Carmel
I can't believe you are whoring yourself out like that.

ಠ_ಠ
Quote by Neo Evil11
Wut? they not only take fingerprints now but they also have everyone's fingerprints on file? the **** is this shit?

If you want to go to America you have to have your fingerprints logged upon entry.

Land of the free, y'know.
...Stapling helium to penguins since 1949.
Quote by Todd Hart
If you want to go to America you have to have your fingerprints logged upon entry.

Land of the free, y'know.

The ****?So why do they still have problems solving crimes then because they can't find a match to the fingerprints.
Quote by Carmel

ಠ_ಠ
Quote by Neo Evil11
The ****?So why do they still have problems solving crimes then because they can't find a match to the fingerprints.

if you live here you only get yr prints taken if you committed a crime or if you work in certain places. there are a couple other reasons as well, but they're usually voluntary.

plus even so, just having everyone's fingerprints doesn't mean crimes are gonna magically be easy to solve.
When I read the title I thought this EDL bloke was in shit for illegally gaining entry to England. Now that would have been a laugh.
Quote by due 07
if you live here you only get yr prints taken if you committed a crime or if you work in certain places. there are a couple other reasons as well, but they're usually voluntary.

plus even so, just having everyone's fingerprints doesn't mean crimes are gonna magically be easy to solve.

But as a foreigner the first thing they do is take your fingerprints even when you go just for a holiday?
Quote by Carmel

ಠ_ಠ
He acted criminally and stupidly. He got caught.

Who cares?
“Ignorance more frequently begets confidence than does knowledge.”
Charles Darwin
Quote by Arby911
He acted criminally and stupidly. He got caught.

Who cares?

Irony.
^^The above is a Cryptic Metaphor^^

"To know the truth of history is to realize its ultimate myth and its inevitable ambiguity." Everything is made up and the facts don't matter.

MUSIC THEORY LINK
who is this guy and what is EDL

...modes and scales are still useless.

Quote by PhoenixGRM
Hey guys could you spare a minute to Vote for my band. Go to the site Search our band Listana with CTRL+F for quick and vote Thank you .
Quote by sam b
Voted for Patron Çıldırdı.

Thanks
Quote by PhoenixGRM
But our Band is Listana
Quote by Xiaoxi
who is this guy and what is EDL

The English Defense League, basically the retarded 'Britain for the British' people.
Quote by Todd Hart
The English Defense League, basically the retarded 'Britain for the British' people.

Worse than that, they also support Geert Wilders and started a Dutch brand too. I think like 30 people went to their demonstration a few years ago. They are basically all out racists.
Quote by Carmel

ಠ_ಠ
I've actually seen these guys demonstrating at Ground Zero on the 9/11 anniversary. And Geert Wilders was there giving a speech against the "Ground Zero mosque" too.

Dear Europe, stop sending us your Nazi dickheads. k thnx, New York.
Quote by EpiExplorer
I swear this guy in particular writes for the telegraph or some shit.

Quote by Fat Lard
My name can actually be traced back to as early as the 1990s, it means "fuck off data miner"
Quote by ErikLensherr
I've actually seen these guys demonstrating at Ground Zero on the 9/11 anniversary. And Geert Wilders was there giving a speech against the "Ground Zero mosque" too.

Dear Europe, stop sending us your Nazi dickheads. k thnx, New York.

Seems a bit pointless for the EDL to be in New York.

And you should do what we do with ****tards and ban them from entry, then they'd have to roam the sea and squabble with other racists.