gabrielvllrrl
23 IQ
Ok my electric guitar keeps fading in and out as I play. I figured it was the input jack so I unscrewed it to tighten it without jacking the wiring. Now (days later) it fades out and it will not sound at all!!!

Can someone tell me what is wrong and how to fix it or if I killed it plz?
dannyalcatraz
Black Cherry Jello
3,265 IQ
What kind of guitar is it? If it has active pickups, it may be time for new batteries.
Sturgeon's 2nd Law, a.k.a. Sturgeon's Revelation: “Ninety percent of everything is crap.”

Why, yes, I am a lawyer- thanks for asking!

alhaq369
It is very impotent to success a business.
dannyalcatraz
Black Cherry Jello
3,265 IQ
There are several models of Epi LPs, but I don't know if any with actives.

What is your amp?

Also, what are your settings on both your amp and guitar?
Sturgeon's 2nd Law, a.k.a. Sturgeon's Revelation: “Ninety percent of everything is crap.”

Why, yes, I am a lawyer- thanks for asking!

alhaq369
It is very impotent to success a business.
Last edited by dannyalcatraz at Jan 8, 2013,
rageahol
298 IQ
Could be the cable. Have you tried a different cable?
gpme332
10 IQ
See if it is your pickup selector switch. I had an issue in which my guitar volume would go out while I was playing. Turns out the switch was bad and I would inadvertently hit it when I was playing causing it. After a jiggle of the switch it would go back on.
trashedlostfdup
diet coke fiend.
13,458 IQ
Quote by gpme332
See if it is your pickup selector switch. I had an issue in which my guitar volume would go out while I was playing. Turns out the switch was bad and I would inadvertently hit it when I was playing causing it. After a jiggle of the switch it would go back on.

i have never owned an epi, but if they use the same open styled switch like a gibson i would try some contact cleaner in there and wiggle it back and fourth. i have fixed similar issues with the switch on a few of my Gibsons.

deoxit would be what i recommend for a contact cleaner.
WTLT 2014 GG&A

Quote by andersondb7
alright "king of the guitar forum"

Quote by trashedlostfdup
nope i am "GOD of the guitar forum" i think that fits me better.

Quote by andersondb7
youre just being a jerk man.