Page 410 of 410
Quote by H4T3BR33D3R
That would be my response too when I haven't played one

Jelly fam?

I've played a 59 TH before, but no actual 50's LP's.

I'm always curious to try out new guitars, but should I be jealous if I haven't?
Quote by Axelfox
Please understand how little we as a community care
Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
I've played a 59 TH before, but no actual 50's LP's.

I'm always curious to try out new guitars, but should I be jealous if I haven't?

Ah I see so you've played a reissue.

I mean are you asking me seriously or should I just give you the answer you wanna hear

I'm just fucking with you. your MIJ is awesome
Quote by Axelfox
my mom and i went to a furry con and on the second day she said she didn't come and pay money to go see dumb shit.

Quote by JustRooster
I incurred the wrath of the Association of White Knights. Specifically the Parent's Basement branch of service.
But muh cutaway tho.

:_:
Quote by Axelfox
Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
But muh cutaway tho.

:_:

We all make mistakes, it's how we learn
Quote by Axelfox
my mom and i went to a furry con and on the second day she said she didn't come and pay money to go see dumb shit.

Quote by JustRooster
I incurred the wrath of the Association of White Knights. Specifically the Parent's Basement branch of service.
It wasn't a mistake. It was a happy accident.

Bob Ross ensured me of this when he gave his appraisal.
Quote by Axelfox
Quote by Axelfox

Quote by JustRooster
i bet we know a guy on here with a 50s gibby or few. but he's probably playing his variax through a helix right about now.
I wondered why the frisbee was getting bigger, then it hit me.
Quote by gregs1020
i bet we know a guy on here with a 50s gibby or few. but he's probably playing his variax through a helix right about now.

Or an agile
Quote by Axelfox

Quote by JustRooster
I've got a chunk of change I can spend right now and I'm internally battling over a Kemper and a MusicMan Cutlass. This is so difficult.

The only thing turning me off the Kemper is the knowledge that I'll spend additional hundreds of dollars on profiles.
JustRooster

I haven't seen Meph in quite some time. Perhaps the kemper convinced him to move into a shack in the mountain forests, producing guitar vids that will change the world...

Y'know, like becoming the Unibomber of guitar.
Sturgeon's 2nd Law, a.k.a. Sturgeon's Revelation: “Ninety percent of everything is crap.”

Why, yes, I am a lawyer- thanks for asking!

alhaq369
It is very impotent to success a business.
dannyalcatraz
Yeah, I'm hoping the tag will summon him. I'm dipping my toes into the modeling world but I have a tendency to get soaked when it comes to these things
██████
██████
██████
My recent GAS for a Les Paul will wait a little longer. 

Have been looking at buying a Les Paul Tribute 2017 T; however, I lost all confidence today. Have tried this guitar at 3 different stores (all 2017 modules) with the hope that previous problems were just lemons on an otherwise quality American made guitar, but no luck. 

All 3 had quality control problems. None would stay in tune and 2 of them had faulty toggle switches (or just bad electronics).  It is so disappointing to have the neck pickup intermittently not work or cut out altogether. None were setup properly (but I blame that on Guitar Center as well). All had high action And ok fretwork. I understand that it is a $900 guitar and not a Traditional/Standard, but sharp frets and poor setup (along with the quality issues) have made me second guess buying one. 

The thing is, I am only looking at a Les Paul for fun, my Music Man is what I play the majority of the time (which is by far my favorite), but thought an LP for certain styles would be fun. That is why I am not interested in spending $2k. 

Just to compare, I picked up a $500 Gretsch and a $600 ESP-LTD, both were so much better, better quality and playability. the PRS SE line is far superior. 

I might reconsider down the road, for now, very disappointed.  
Quote by JustRooster
dannyalcatraz
Yeah, I'm hoping the tag will summon him. I'm dipping my toes into the modeling world but I have a tendency to get soaked when it comes to these things

Pretty sure Random3 has one and uses it pretty often for recording. Ask him. Also maybe dementiacaptain or diabolical? Anyway, if you want to find Phil, the last time I saw him was at MLP. Definitely not here.

AFAIK Phil liked it cause you could dial it in like an amp and didn't have to go super in depth if you don't want to. Also recording and profiling tones isn't the easiest but if you're just downloading them, that doesn't matter. If it makes you feel better my amps are for sale right now too so I'm in the same boat. Just not getting a Kemper cause they are a bit much for what I need.

Quote by MAChiefs

Have been looking at buying a Les Paul Tribute 2017 T; however, I lost all confidence today. Have tried this guitar at 3 different stores (all 2017 modules) with the hope that previous problems were just lemons on an otherwise quality American made guitar, but no luck. 

All 3 had quality control problems. None would stay in tune and 2 of them had faulty toggle switches (or just bad electronics).  It is so disappointing to have the neck pickup intermittently not work or cut out altogether. None were setup properly (but I blame that on Guitar Center as well). All had high action And ok fretwork. I understand that it is a $900 guitar and not a Traditional/Standard, but sharp frets and poor setup (along with the quality issues) have made me second guess buying one. 

The thing is, I am only looking at a Les Paul for fun, my Music Man is what I play the majority of the time (which is by far my favorite), but thought an LP for certain styles would be fun. That is why I am not interested in spending $2k. 

Just to compare, I picked up a $500 Gretsch and a $600 ESP-LTD, both were so much better, better quality and playability. the PRS SE line is far superior. 

Go MIJ. Gibsons aren't worth the hassle unless you can find a nice one.
Quote by Axelfox

Quote by JustRooster
Quote by MAChiefs

You, my friend, sound like a perfect candidate for a Heitage or FGN.
http://heritageguitar.com
http://www.fgnguitars.com
Sturgeon's 2nd Law, a.k.a. Sturgeon's Revelation: “Ninety percent of everything is crap.”

alhaq369
Quote by dannyalcatraz
You, my friend, sound like a perfect candidate for a Heitage or FGN.
http://heritageguitar.com
http://www.fgnguitars.com

Appreciate the response. I am very familiar with Heritage and would love one, but cost is still around $1,500 - $2,000.

i am only familiar with FGN from reading about them on this forum, never tried one. The search will continue.  
Quote by MAChiefs
Appreciate the response. I am very familiar with Heritage and would love one, but cost is still around $1,500 - $2,000.

i am only familiar with FGN from reading about them on this forum, never tried one. The search will continue.  

Fair enough.

Mynpoint was mainly along the lines of you need to try looking at the non-Gibson LP style guitars, where I think your use more likely to find the right combination of price, style, sound and quality.

For example:
https://reverb.com/item/4747889-electra-omega-prime-ceruse-2017-ceruse
https://reverb.com/item/4019429-reverend-roundhouse-flamed-yellow-with-skb-hard-shell-case

I have one of each of those (though my Omega is blonde flame maple). Great feel, great tone, I do not miss the name on the headstock.

alhaq369
Quote by dannyalcatraz
Fair enough.

Mynpoint was mainly along the lines of you need to try looking at the non-Gibson LP style guitars, where I think your use more likely to find the right combination of price, style, sound and quality.

For example:
https://reverb.com/item/4747889-electra-omega-prime-ceruse-2017-ceruse
https://reverb.com/item/4019429-reverend-roundhouse-flamed-yellow-with-skb-hard-shell-case

I have one of each of those (though my Omega is blonde flame maple).  Great feel, great tone,  I do not miss the name on the headstock.

i definitely appreciate the suggestions, did not intend my response to sound dismissive. The omega looks very nice. I will definitely open my search.

thanks again 
MAChiefs

I didn't take your post as dismissive at all!

The thing about gear I have found is that everyone has different priorities and peccadilloes. And there are guitar makers catering to most of them.

alhaq369
Get a Tokai. Omegas arent LPs.

THATS RIGHT I SAID IT FUCK YOU DANNY.

Quote by Axelfox

Quote by JustRooster
H4T3BR33D3R

I found something to you:

*snifffffffff*

alhaq369
You know what it smells like?

NOT AN OMEGA OR AN AGILE

Quote by Axelfox

Quote by JustRooster
H4T3BR33D3R

I think you're getting too close...

alhaq369
IT SMELLS LIKE PROPER CUTAWAYS AND ITS DELICIOUS
Quote by Axelfox

Quote by JustRooster
"Delicious" is impeding your growth as a guitarist. You're stuck...

alhaq369
At least I play mine. You just collect reverends.

Quote by Axelfox

Quote by JustRooster
I play mine, too.

Soon, through an Orange.

alhaq369
Ya im gonna be president of the United States next term as well.
Quote by Axelfox

Quote by JustRooster
H4T3BR33D3R
You otter know that is FAR less likely than my scenario. So...

alhaq369
I wasnt born in Kenya I swear.

Quote by Axelfox

Quote by JustRooster
H4T3BR33D3R

But you're probably a secret Mormon-atheist commie whose dad helped kill Elvis.

alhaq369
Quote by Axelfox

Quote by JustRooster
Quote by dannyalcatraz
H4T3BR33D3R

But you're probably a secret Mormon-atheist commie whose dad helped kill Elvis.

What "secret?" Everyone knows that. Right? Right?
Quote by dannyalcatraz
H4T3BR33D3R

I found something to you:

*snifffffffff*

"Preserve your whiny mammaries." 
Quote by dspellman
"Preserve your whiny mammaries." 
Just what I've been looking for.
Quote by H4T3BR33D3R
You know what it smells like?

NOT AN OMEGA OR AN AGILE

i spit out my coffee you bastage.

that's some funny shit.
I wondered why the frisbee was getting bigger, then it hit me.