FatalGear41
War Mastiff!!!
1,381 IQ
Clearly, our Moderators are vastly, criminally under-appreciated. Since we function in a virtual world, the best we can do is buy them a drink in the Bass Forum Virtual Bar! So buy your Mods a drink! Nothing cheap, and nothing mundane! We're bassists, after all!!!

Here's to our Moderators! The unsung heroes of our forum!!!

Since I'm already half in the bag from drinking the good stuff (no better diversion from a nasty case of bronchitis), let me start with a good, old-fashioned Bourbon and Water. But not just any Bourbon! Maker's 46! Hard to find, but well worth the effort!!!

To the Low End, my friends!!!
"Drinking is a skill and should be recognized as such!"

Quote by gregs1020
FatalGear41 knows the ways of the obscure. I hear it's just not with Gibsons. Beware, Halloween approaches...

Quote by Spaz91
DAMNIT FATALGEAR YOU RUINED MUH FLOW!
Ziphoblat
The Enigma
390 IQ
Can't beat good old Southern Comfort (totally mainstream).

Got a couple of litres of this in myself at the moment... (in 47%):

Spare a Cow
Eat a Vegan
FatalGear41
War Mastiff!!!
1,381 IQ
^Oh, God! How I hate Southern Comfort! Back in the 70's it was the drink for fans of Southern Rock bands, which meant that I probably drank a swimming pool's worth of the stuff. As I recall, it tasted like particularly nasty cough medicine!

How about a bottle of Marshall?

http://shop.smokehead.com/marshall-50-year-old

$500.00 a bottle and only available in the U.K.

Quote by gregs1020
FatalGear41 knows the ways of the obscure. I hear it's just not with Gibsons. Beware, Halloween approaches...

Quote by Spaz91
dark Mass
ZORK
523 IQ
Damn it! Disable can't use disable to disable Disable's disable because disable's disable has already been disabled by Disable's disable!
Ziphoblat
The Enigma
390 IQ
Quote by FatalGear41
As I recall, it tasted like particularly nasty cough medicine!

You want some of this if you want to taste medicine... yeuch.

Spare a Cow
Eat a Vegan
anarkee
oh the horror!
3,136 IQ

and of course, there's always absinthe with Trent and I...
FatalGear41
War Mastiff!!!
1,381 IQ
I'm almost certain that they banned Absinthe in this country because it inflicted too many cases of brain damage.

Who has a good recipe for a Manhattan? I used to like them until I moved to LaLa Land and discovered that the bartenders couldn't make one to save their lives? Besides, the Mods deserve a really good Manhattan. Hell; everybody deserves a really good Manhattan!

Quote by gregs1020

Quote by Spaz91
anarkee
oh the horror!
3,136 IQ
My dearly departed mom used to drink Manhattan's

http://www.nytimes.com/2007/04/29/fashion/29shake.html?_r=0

This is pretty damn close to what they are akin to in NYC bars.

And you can now get absinthe in the US. A few bars in Santa Cruz have whole selections of different types.

But this thread also calls for some really well made mojitos, of which I had with lunch today.

Last edited by anarkee at Jan 12, 2013,
FatalGear41
War Mastiff!!!
1,381 IQ
^Thanks. I shall try that one. Perhaps the Mods should have some dedicated drinks for their various duties? Specially blended concoctions that speak to what they must do and endure? To that end, I nominate "The Banhammer:"

1 oz. good Bourbon whiskey
1/2 oz. Dark Rum
3/4 oz. Bailey's Irish Cream
1/2 oz. Coffee Liqueur

Down furiously in one gulp before exercising the awesome power of the Banhammer! Instant backbone and cruelty in a glass!

Quote by gregs1020

Quote by Spaz91
food1010
Bassist
1,660 IQ

And you will enjoy it, damn it.

Edit: Really, TS? Watered-down bourbon? On the rocks is good and well, but there are far better things to mix with bourbon than water.
Only play what you hear. If you don’t hear anything, don’t play anything.
-Chick Corea
Last edited by food1010 at Jan 13, 2013,
Sudaka
Novice Bass Player
1,096 IQ

Some of the best Italo-Argentinian drinks. Fernet Branca + Coke. I highly recommend preparing a big jar with it and send it to the freezer a couple of hours before drinking. Drinking it with some frost on top is heaven.

I'm so going to prepare one now!
Quote by FatalGear41
When you break a bass string, that snapping sound is the sound of six dollars going down the crapper.

Sterling Ray 35
Hartke Ha3500 head - Gallien Krueger 212MBE cab
Tech 21 VT Bass
Zoom b2
FatalGear41
War Mastiff!!!
1,381 IQ
Quote by food1010
Really, TS? Watered-down bourbon? On the rocks is good and well, but there are far better things to mix with bourbon than water.

Straight bourbon is often a little harsh. I prefer it with water on the rocks, but not too much water. And I always finish it before the ice has a chance to melt.

Knob Creek is indeed sweet stuff!!! No fancy bottles; no splashy adverts; just fine whiskey! As God intended it.

Quote by gregs1020

Quote by Spaz91
Sudaka
Novice Bass Player
1,096 IQ
Quote by FatalGear41
Straight bourbon is often a little harsh. I prefer it with water on the rocks, but not too much water. And I always finish it before the ice has a chance to melt.

Knob Creek is indeed sweet stuff!!! No fancy bottles; no splashy adverts; just fine whiskey! As God intended it.

I tend to put some ice in my bourbon/some whiskys and put it out before it waters it down... that way, i can cool it off, while it opens, and avoid losing taste. I prefer my bourbon cold!
Quote by FatalGear41
When you break a bass string, that snapping sound is the sound of six dollars going down the crapper.

Sterling Ray 35
Hartke Ha3500 head - Gallien Krueger 212MBE cab
Tech 21 VT Bass
Zoom b2