Page 4 of 4
Bob_Sacamano
UG Board King
238 IQ
I still don't know what post rock even is despite listening to a fair amount of it.
Quote by Sliide90027
But as a bigoted lemming, you have so cry an Alinslyite slur revealing you lack of reason and sense.

Quote by MusicLord16
BOB 1. ur 20 and two u like evil things and idk if u worship the devil
DonGlover
Occultist
168 IQ
Quote by Bob_Sacamano
I still don't know what post rock even is despite listening to a fair amount of it.

Well if you listen to it, you know what it sounds like. The term was coined in a review of Bark Psychosis' album Hex (very good album), if I remember correctly. A lot of different sounding bands fall under the category of "Post-Rock", and I'm sure someone who was enough of a stickler for genre could easily break down those different styles into more sub-genres if they'd like.
--------------╯╰--------------
A SIGNATURE.
--------------╮╭--------------
blake1221
‭‭
711 IQ
Tortoise is best post rock :3

But holy shit, when This Will Destroy You went from run of the mill crescendo rock to balls out drone with Tunnel Blanket, I was blown away.
Last edited by blake1221 at Jan 9, 2013,
DonGlover
Occultist
168 IQ
Quote by blake1221

Tortoise is very good, I agree.
--------------╯╰--------------
A SIGNATURE.
--------------╮╭--------------
Gerard_xD
-
684 IQ
I would probably say my two favourites are Tigers Jaw and Empire! Empire (I Was a Lonely Estate).

Todd Hart
Do Sadists go to Hell?
153 IQ
Quote by blake1221

But holy shit, when This Will Destroy You went from run of the mill crescendo rock to balls out drone with Tunnel Blanket, I was blown away.

Tunnel Blanket makes me ejaculate momentously.
...Stapling helium to penguins since 1949.
Primus2112
whatever you say "Mor-ty"
915 IQ
Quote by bradulator
I've gotten to a point in my life where I have no #1 band/artist. I could name a few artists that I enjoy more than other artists, but as i've grown older I am no longer able to pinpoint just one, while in the past I was able to.

Who knows that feel?

i listen to so many artists now that I can't name just one when people ask me "what's your favorite band?"
Quote by raoooos
slipknot are actually just terrible, they're such a "holy shit i'm 14" kind of band. like fuck off mum i'm not going to school i have to clear the stone of leaves.
sebastian_96
Spared no expense
1,209 IQ
It's always Tool, but then again...Soundgarden. It's just too damn hard of a question, have to agree with TS.
Some people like cupcakes exclusively, while myself, I say there is naught nor ought there be nothing so exalted on the face of God's grey Earth as that prince of foods:

the muffin!
Todd Hart
Do Sadists go to Hell?
153 IQ
Quote by blake1221

You even got it off We Are Post Rock! We're now married.

I prefer Little Smoke though.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Lf1t1ERxp2I

And There Are Some Remedies Worse Than The Disease is the best of their old stuff.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ov701xUsQyU

Or maybe Happiness:...
due 07
haaan
2,902 IQ
why do so many people who claim to not have a favorite band think they're superior because of it? :*
Todd Hart
Do Sadists go to Hell?
153 IQ
Quote by due 07
why do so many people who claim to not have a favorite band think they're superior because of it? :*

They don't.
blake1221
‭‭
711 IQ
God, their EP + Tunnel Blanket. Glorriousssss.

<3 We Are Post Rock.
Eastwinn
through being cool
3,131 IQ
the one with the mountain that's actually a bear is their best.

also mewithoutYou used to be my favorite. before that was pearl jam. right now it should be obvious to anyone that matters
Todd Hart
Do Sadists go to Hell?
153 IQ
Quote by Eastwinn

also mewithoutYou used to be my favorite. before that was pearl jam. right now it should be obvious to anyone that matters

Naww dog, Tunnel Blanket is their best.

And I think that one's called Young Mountain. It's better than their self-titled, but still...
Todd Hart
Do Sadists go to Hell?
153 IQ
Bitch please, it's all learning the chords to this

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u-BrIa2fO90

and playing them to a girl, with your bass and mids turned to full, alternating the tempo every now and then and then stressing some of the chord changes with a tortured look on your face.
blake1221
‭‭
711 IQ
No, do mine. It lines up perfectly and I want to share the magic
Todd Hart
Do Sadists go to Hell?
153 IQ
I'm doing your as we speak, calm down pickle.
Eastwinn
through being cool
3,131 IQ
Quote by Todd Hart
Naww dog, Tunnel Blanket is their best.

And I think that one's called Young Mountain. It's better than their self-titled, but still...

Young Mountain has a nostalgia factor to it
sebastian_96
Spared no expense
1,209 IQ
Quote by Eastwinn

???
Some people like cupcakes exclusively, while myself, I say there is naught nor ought there be nothing so exalted on the face of God's grey Earth as that prince of foods:

the muffin!
blake1221
‭‭
711 IQ
Quote by Todd Hart
I'm doing your as we speak, calm down pickle.

Okay, Lamb Chop

Quote by sebastian_96

???

That's a bear that's actually a mountain.

Idiot.

Last edited by blake1221 at Jan 9, 2013,
Todd Hart
Do Sadists go to Hell?
153 IQ
Quote by blake1221
Okay, Lamb Chop

Okay crumpet.

anyway, i cri errytym poor wildybeest y wnt th dogeh leev it alown
sebastian_96
Spared no expense
1,209 IQ
Quote by blake1221
That's a bear that's actually a mountain.

Idiot.

I better get my shit sorted then!

the muffin!
blake1221
‭‭
711 IQ
Quote by sebastian_96

I better get my shit sorted then!

Totally was the first thing to come to mind too.
JohnnyGenzale
Bitter old sod
292 IQ
By far the two who's given me the most inspiration the last weeks/months for my own singing, melodies and songwriting in general. Jeff Buckley and John Frusciante. I mentioned the latter earlier.

Jeff Buckley is one of those guys I wish I had another 5-6 albums by. Grace is...decent. Some amazing songs but the best ones are covers. Corpus Christi Carol and Lilac Wine are two of the prettiest gloomiest songs I have heard in a long time but that's just him in one way but not his own written songs.

I need to listen to some of the posthumous stuff by him but I'm afraid I'm not going to like it that much. His voice however is absolutely brilliant and I do find him to have one of the most soothing and prettiest voices ever. But as said in another thread. He's a very mediocre songwriter. The songs are boring 90's grunge/punk which does not fit him at all.
sometimes I see us in a cymbal splash or in the sound of a car crash
Last edited by JohnnyGenzale at Jan 11, 2013,
TheChaz
Other Barry
543 IQ
I don't still have a favorite band because I've played trough the discographies of my favorites so many times that I've worn them out. Pink Floyd held the spot for the longest though.
AnduNeedle
6,419 IQ
My favorite band is Slipknot. It was, it is and it will always be. I also like very much Wednesday 13.
crazysam23_Atax
Feuergesicht
5,710 IQ
I sort of had a favorite for awhile. Then I realized that I was being lame and started just listening to music...because it's music, not because my "favorite" band made it.
Bob_Sacamano
UG Board King
238 IQ
Quote by crazysam23_Atax
I sort of had a favorite for awhile. Then I realized that I was being lame and started just listening to music...because it's music, not because my "favorite" band made it.

No one does that.
Quote by Sliide90027
But as a bigoted lemming, you have so cry an Alinslyite slur revealing you lack of reason and sense.

Quote by MusicLord16
BOB 1. ur 20 and two u like evil things and idk if u worship the devil
crazysam23_Atax
Feuergesicht
5,710 IQ
Quote by Bob_Sacamano

No one does that.

I was going for the "be hipster as possible" response.

Anyway, I had a favorite band (Metallica), but I grew out of them. Now, I just like specific types of music really. I like specific bands still, but it's hard for me to pick a favorite.
Caaarrl94
3,004 IQ
It would probably be Radiohead.
But my favourite musician would have to be John Frusciante.
"I think the most important thing about music is the sense of escape." - Thom Yorke
JohnnyGenzale
Bitter old sod
292 IQ
Quote by neidnarb11890
uhm, not really, I guess.
I would say maybe Fugazi, b/c they were so good for so long & I find their ethic very inspiring. like, not just their "political stance", but the way they operated.
Sleater-Kinney also mean a lot to me, b/c incessantly listening to their discography helped me through a pretty shitty period a couple years ago. & of course Jawbreaker are a perennial top artist.

Loveless & Marquee Moon are my favorite albums, so My Bloody Valentine & Television are both up there (but less so with Television, b/c they were short-lived).
Wire is probably my biggest musical influence right now.
Screaming Females are my favorite currently active band.
The Minutemen are another huge influence, for the same reasons as Fugazi.
Mary Timony for the same reasons as Sleater-Kinney.
The Ramones & The Velvet Underground & Nico & The Smiths are up there, too.

You have bloody fantastic music taste. I love you
sometimes I see us in a cymbal splash or in the sound of a car crash
MetalheadA7X
Funeral Thirst
902 IQ
The Black Dahlia Murder for sure then closely followed by The Mars Volta. I've always considered TBDM to be my favourite band from as far back as like 2007/2008 but it's only more recently I've gotten into the Mars Volta.
Ibanez RG770DX Reissue

Ibanez Apex 2

Ibanez S520EX w/ EMGs

Marshall DSL100 Halfstack

NEWCASTLE UNITED!
FoolOnThePlanet
Listen to the pillows
6,124 IQ
I don't think I've ever had ONE artist that I'd label the absolute favorite. I've always had about 5, and I'm pretty sure they've stayed the same for most of my life so that should count....

the pillows
the Beatles
Tokyo Police Club
Bob Marley
Asian Kung-Fu Generation

There was one point where the pillows seemed like my absolute tops, they were pretty much all I listened to when given the chance to listen to music.
HEY
Do you like anime/manga?
PM me about buying the graphic novels I'm trying to sell