95thFallout
Dave Grohl's the Man
1,585 IQ
Hey guys my bridge pickup is volume swelling/clipping, it goes from non audible to extremely quite (almost think of a pickup set to 1.) Now I originally thought this was a soldering problem but i'm not sure because a) the issue comes and goes b) i can still hear the guitar coming through the amp when i set the pot completely off, which believees me to believe its the pot. Btw, its not the original pickup in the guitar. Any advice would be great thanks.
I've been imitated so well I've heard people copy my mistakes. -Jimi Hendrix
Axle1
1,199 IQ
Quote by 95thFallout
Hey guys my bridge pickup is volume swelling/clipping, it goes from non audible to extremely quite (almost think of a pickup set to 1.) Now I originally thought this was a soldering problem but i'm not sure because a) the issue comes and goes b) i can still hear the guitar coming through the amp when i set the pot completely off, which believees me to believe its the pot. Btw, its not the original pickup in the guitar. Any advice would be great thanks.

What pickup is it ? have you removed any chance of anything else being the problem ? (cables, amp etc.). Imo i would take it to a guitar tech, just so he can check it out. By the looks of it, it may be a pickup issue (the pickup itself, not the soldering). Take it to a good guitar tech, trust me always better safe than sorry. (had some horrible experiences with dodgy guitar techs.).

Best of luck!
95thFallout
Dave Grohl's the Man
1,585 IQ
Quote by Axle1
What pickup is it ? have you removed any chance of anything else being the problem ? (cables, amp etc.). Imo i would take it to a guitar tech, just so he can check it out. By the looks of it, it may be a pickup issue (the pickup itself, not the soldering). Take it to a good guitar tech, trust me always better safe than sorry. (had some horrible experiences with dodgy guitar techs.).

Best of luck!

Its a gibson burst bucker pro, and no theirs no chance of it being my setup as i can flip to the neck pickup and have good tone without clipping or swelling. As for the pickup itself i really dont think it is due to the volume knob not working to cut off the volume and a faulty pickup not explain that. As for your advice about the tech thanks but im pretty handy and dont have the money to pay for one anyways.
Insanity ninja
UG's resident potwash.
925 IQ
When mine did this it was the volume pot. It also made a scratchy sound every so often.
Silverburst
halfj06
565 IQ
Quote by 95thFallout
Its a gibson burst bucker pro, and no theirs no chance of it being my setup as i can flip to the neck pickup and have good tone without clipping or swelling. As for the pickup itself i really dont think it is due to the volume knob not working to cut off the volume and a faulty pickup not explain that. As for your advice about the tech thanks but im pretty handy and dont have the money to pay for one anyways.

So from your posts it sounds like your saying its..
Not your amp
Not the cable
Not the pickup
Not the wiring
Not the pots
gtr777
10 IQ
It could be the pickup switch. Have you checked that?
95thFallout
Dave Grohl's the Man
1,585 IQ
Quote by halfj06
So from your posts it sounds like your saying its..
Not your amp
Not the cable
Not the pickup
Not the wiring
Not the pots

No I am saying that i think its:
Not your amp
Not the cable
Not the pickup

I think its between the wiring or the pots or even as the post below you suggested the pickup selector. I think Im gonna start with the pot and resolder everything.
95thFallout
Dave Grohl's the Man
1,585 IQ
Quote by gtr777
It could be the pickup switch. Have you checked that?

How would I go about checking that?