I've been looking the past few months for a new guitar since I'm making a new band for fun mostly but I need a good metal guitar with tremolo and 24 frets.

In all my looking the I've taken a liking to Jackson and Ibanez guitars.But I haven't gotten the chance to try one for an extended period of time.I need a guitar that can give me great metal tone,comfort and reliability.

I'm also open for any other guitar brand suggestions.

I've looked most into this jackson: http://www.music123.com/guitars/jackson-slx-soloist-x-series-electric-guitar/h76638

And this Ibanez: http://www.music123.com/guitars/ibanez-rg350dx-electric-guitar

All suggestions are appreciated
2nd hand Ibanez Prestige.

1977 Burny FLG70
2004 EBMM JP6
2016 SE Holcolmb
+1 to Tom.
Quote by Pan-Tallica
Quote by jrcsgtpeppers
But theres no reason why i cant be free like a raspberry stuck to the back of a horny elephants ass.

This is maybe the worst comparison in the history of comparisons.
I like Ibanez but I wouldn't get one with an Edge III trem, and I believe the RG350DX you linked does. The design of the trem itself is fine but it's made of cheap, soft metal which will wear out quickly under heavy use.
Quote by Tom 1.0
2nd hand Ibanez Prestige.

Can you give me a link to the guitar? please.
Go to guitar centers used web site and typ it in. I saw a used Pestige S series(I think) for <$400
2002 PRS CE22
2013 G&L ASAT Deluxe
2009 Epiphone G-400 (SH-4)
Marshall JCM2000 DSL100
Krank 1980 Jr 20watt
Krank Rev 4x12 (eminence V12)
GFS Greenie/Digitech Bad Monkey
Morley Bad Horsie 2
MXR Smart Gate
Quote by Robbgnarly
Go to guitar centers used web site and typ it in. I saw a used Pestige S series(I think) for <$400

Ibanez definitely, but I agree a used Prestige S would be the way to go.
“You’re always learning about this thing every time you pick it up.” Keith Richards
Thanks for the suggestions guys I'm going to look into those prestige models
I'm going to look for them locally as well.
Last edited by gaby0011 at Jan 14, 2013,