Page 11 of 11
Tom 1.0
Hot For Teacher
6,308 IQ
Something to do with the appearance? Didn't the Ibby version have flat, FR style string blocks?
Quote by Lemoninfluence
I'm not familiar with police procedures.

1977 Burny FLG70
Dave_Mc
Chirp and Swirl
2,967 IQ
that could well have been it, thanks I just assumed the low-profile thing was the part of the patent they fell foul of, but presumably not since the edge III also fell foul of that
Quote by crownegamers
I saw in a couple of pictures that on Bucketheads Les Paul (only some pictures) that his neck pickup is painted in white. Can anyone explain to me why he would do this, and if there are any pros and cons.

Quote by dspellman
The guy wears a KFC Bucket and a white mask during performances, and you're interested in the color of his pickup covers?

Tom 1.0
Hot For Teacher
6,308 IQ
I mean I could be wrong but I vaguely remember reading something like that some time last year, maybe LP1951 could find a reference somewhere
Quote by Lemoninfluence

1977 Burny FLG70
Dave_Mc
Chirp and Swirl
2,967 IQ

I don't think i ever heard anything about it, other than the edge pro II infringed on the lo-pro floyd's patents (somehow) and that's why it was discontinued in favour of the edge III (which didn't, for some reason). But i never got to the bottom of it (or more accurately, cared enough to get to the bottom of it, lol).
Quote by crownegamers
I saw in a couple of pictures that on Bucketheads Les Paul (only some pictures) that his neck pickup is painted in white. Can anyone explain to me why he would do this, and if there are any pros and cons.

Quote by dspellman
The guy wears a KFC Bucket and a white mask during performances, and you're interested in the color of his pickup covers?

Tom 1.0
Hot For Teacher
6,308 IQ
Like wise

EDIT:

Rumour is this is the replacement for the now defunt GG Rasmus signatures.

(Invalid img)

MRRP is supposedly around $1900

Opinions?

(Invalid img)
Quote by Lemoninfluence

1977 Burny FLG70
Last edited by Tom 1.0 at Jan 29, 2013,
Dave_Mc
Chirp and Swirl
2,967 IQ
Quote by crownegamers

Quote by dspellman

griffin888
65 IQ
I...don't know, there's something about that I don't like. It's just kind of meh to me.
Tom 1.0
Hot For Teacher
6,308 IQ
$1900
Quote by Lemoninfluence

1977 Burny FLG70
eddiehimself
Call me EH, eh?
1,591 IQ
Quote by griffin888
I...don't know, there's something about that I don't like. It's just kind of meh to me.

I know what you mean... the headstock shape and logo just reminds me of one of those cheap kit guitars.
EH

"Show me war; show me pestilence; show me the blood-red hands of retribution..."
Dave_Mc
Chirp and Swirl
2,967 IQ
is it a suhr or a rasmus?

also does it have a floyd? i can vaguely make out "floyd rose" on the bridge (and the arm connector looks more like the screw-in floyd one). I thought suhr hated the OFR now?
Quote by crownegamers

Quote by dspellman

Tom 1.0
Hot For Teacher
6,308 IQ
Apparently it's a full blown Suhr

I know the UK dealers will do little more than change the $ for a £ but it's effectively a GG for under £2k.

That's not bad.

There are 4 variants apparently Dave, 2 with a Gotoh like mine and 2 with a Gotoh OFR.

I suppose the real question is this though:

Is the Suhr name and USA build worth an extra $900 over a Rasmus?
Quote by Lemoninfluence

1977 Burny FLG70
Dave_Mc
Chirp and Swirl
2,967 IQ
^ yeah that's the problem... it's decent value compared to the current going rate on suhrs. whether the current going rate (here in the UK, i mean) is worth it is another thing. And whether it's worth it over the rasmuses, i dunno, i've never tried a rasmus

EDIT: thanks for the info
Quote by crownegamers

Quote by dspellman

griffin888
65 IQ
Quote by eddiehimself
I know what you mean... the headstock shape and logo just reminds me of one of those cheap kit guitars.

I don't mind the headstock shape, I just don't think that natural wood tone looks right with the Modern body shape.
Tom 1.0
Hot For Teacher
6,308 IQ
I'm inclined to agree with you on that, certainly when they use a rosewood board the natural headstocks can look slightly off.

Any other exciting super Strat news? Might as well actually try and have a discussion in here
Quote by Lemoninfluence

1977 Burny FLG70
Dave_Mc
Chirp and Swirl
2,967 IQ
any word of those LTD elites yet? though as i think you said before, they'll likely be dear enough that you should probably just get an esp instead...
Quote by crownegamers

Quote by dspellman

Tom 1.0
Hot For Teacher
6,308 IQ
Oooooooh so they moved all the Jackson and Charvels to a Mexican factory after losing the Japanese one?

Meh. **** you Fender though that doesn't mean that they won't be any good.

Dave:

I can't say I have, there is an enormous thread on SS.org but its about 2000 posts long so I don't fancy trekking through it.

Though I did hear they are cutting right back on the number of ESP Standards, so perhaps the Elites are to fill the gap?

That sounds a bit naff to me but that's business for you

Personally I also think that the location of where a guitar is build it becoming far less important to prestige brands so I guess they just look at the costs and no the snob value. Though I guess the Japanese guys have never really been that bothered.
Quote by Lemoninfluence

1977 Burny FLG70
Last edited by Tom 1.0 at Jan 30, 2013,
Dave_Mc
Chirp and Swirl
2,967 IQ
^ i think they just moved the bolt-ons to mexico? that's what i've heard anyway, but i have little to back that up

i didn't hear that about esp, but that's interesting. as you said, it sucks, but it's business
Quote by crownegamers

Quote by dspellman

Tom 1.0
Hot For Teacher
6,308 IQ
Oh ok.

Well that's ok. I'm just upset that it means no more Japanese Charvels....

That MIA Type 2 I had was such an insanely nice guitar, almost wished I hadn't sold it.....Almost

Yeah, it's always a shame when guitar companies occasionally put business above the quality of their wares. But that's life.

Especially now there is even more competition at high quality out there.

Must be really hard for brands like Ibanez and ESP as they have a reputation for silly good quality and moderate prices. A position I guess is damn hard to maintain in the current climate.

Especially now the costs have exploded due to the strength of the Yen.
Quote by Lemoninfluence

1977 Burny FLG70
gregs1020
Hi mom!
10,786 IQ
Quote by eddiehimself
I hate the way all these Japanese guitars seem to be getting constantly lower in quality and higher in price

if that's the case, and i'm not sure it is then you should buy the old ones.

Quote by Roc8995
I don't think I've ever played anything in black walnut. It's a great ice cream flavor, so I assume it works well for a strat too.

Quote by JustRooster
The slugs in the pickups for telecasters are from old winchester rifles, which is why they sound so country.
Dave_Mc
Chirp and Swirl
2,967 IQ
Quote by Tom 1.0
Oh ok.

Well that's ok. I'm just upset that it means no more Japanese Charvels....

That MIA Type 2 I had was such an insanely nice guitar, almost wished I hadn't sold it.....Almost

Yeah, it's always a shame when guitar companies occasionally put business above the quality of their wares. But that's life.

Especially now there is even more competition at high quality out there.

Must be really hard for brands like Ibanez and ESP as they have a reputation for silly good quality and moderate prices. A position I guess is damn hard to maintain in the current climate.

Especially now the costs have exploded due to the strength of the Yen.

yeah definitely
Quote by crownegamers

Quote by dspellman

Tom 1.0
Hot For Teacher
6,308 IQ
Bump.
Quote by Lemoninfluence

1977 Burny FLG70