Hello. Ive videoed me doing some guitar bends, and i would if someone would point out my faults.

bends

And im new btw
Needs more context. Personally I find it hard to tell if a bend is out of tune just by hearing it on it's own, it's easier to tell if you fret the note you want to bend to and sound it that way then bend to it.
R.I.P. My Signature. Lost to us in the great Signature Massacre of 2014.

Album.
Legion.
Quote by Zaphod_Beeblebr
Needs more context. Personally I find it hard to tell if a bend is out of tune just by hearing it on it's own, it's easier to tell if you fret the note you want to bend to and sound it that way then bend to it.

Oh ok.

But what about the technique? Should the pinky stay below the neck or go up(because i see alot of players bend the string pretty high, while thier pinky stays below the neck)?

Am i raising my arm too much? Am i "twisting" my wrist correctly "like a door knob"?
hey guys ive started a channel im 15 and really need some likes on my new song and would like people people to subscribe would be so much appreciated and i would obviously subscribe back if any of you have one

boo hoo where my video go?
Quote by Brealey1997
hey guys ive started a channel im 15 and really need some likes on my new song and would like people people to subscribe would be so much appreciated and i would obviously subscribe back if any of you have one

i edit your quote to remove the naughty link

Dude, this isn't your thread is it. And it's not even the right forum. Seriously.

Reported.
Quote by Shredwizard445
Go ahead and spend your money, I don't care. It won't make you sound better.

Quote by Shredwizard445
Sure upgrading your gear will make you sound better.

TS: Play along to a backing track and post something. It's very hard to tell and a little bit hard on the ears.

Are you meant to be pseudo raking? If not aim for just the one string for maximum clarity especially if you're playing solo as the rake kinda blends in with the bend.

My pinkie would normally be ready for the next note. On a single, extended bend I would want it to be controlled and in a neutral position. But it's normally a little bit unruly .
Quote by Shredwizard445
Go ahead and spend your money, I don't care. It won't make you sound better.

Quote by Shredwizard445
Sure upgrading your gear will make you sound better.

Last edited by Mephaphil at Jan 12, 2013,
^ No need for a new thread.
I Have An Avant Garde Fetish....
Quote by Gantz92
Im in no way an amateur. I masturbate in public all the time.
Quote by Nelsean
I can get an erection just by looking at a plastic cup, or a river.
Quote by Obsceneairwaves
Don't worry, rape will always find a back way in
Quote by Brealey1997
hey guys ive started a channel im 15 and really need some likes on my new song and would like people people to subscribe would be so much appreciated and i would obviously subscribe back if any of you have one i edit your quote to remove naughty link

Don't worry, i'll be sure to dislike all your videos.

Also reported.
Quote by vayne92
Don't worry, i'll be sure to dislike all your videos.

That's a little petty. He's not being a dick or anything.
One thing I noticed is you're not muting the strings as you bring your bend down. If that's the desired effect, excelent, but if it's not (or if you're not even realizing you're doing it) then practice muting the string right as you bring it down.

Holding a bend and then releasing it can have tremendous effect, but not if you use it for every single bend you play. For a great crash course on when to mute released bends and when not to, I recommend the solo in "Time" by Pink Floyd.
Quote by Frettor
Hello. Ive videoed me doing some guitar bends, and i would if someone would point out my faults.

bends

And im new btw

I don't really know what help you want? You're just playing random stuff?
Frettor, I advise you, like the others, to record this with a backing track underneath it so we can evaluate it in a musical context. But it would also help if you would first pluck the note that you are going to bend to, and then bend to that note. That would give us (and yourself) a reference point.

As for your pinky.. It's doing the right thing. And your arm does twist a bit much, try to do a bend with only the wrist.
Last edited by robbit10 at Jan 23, 2013,
Quote by Frettor

But what about the technique? Should the pinky stay below the neck or go up(because i see alot of players bend the string pretty high, while thier pinky stays below the neck)?

Am i raising my arm too much? Am i "twisting" my wrist correctly "like a door knob"?

You are twisting your wrist- so that part is good however, you also seem to be raising your arm and shoulder when you bend each note. Ideally you should be twisting your forearm only- no need to use your elbow or shoulder.

In fact, moving your arm upwards each time like that is changing the angle of your hand. Notice how your first finger is coming round the fretboard and you end up lifting it off the neck at the top of each bend? This is also a problem if you ever need to play anything with that finger whilst bending (or quickly very close to a bend).

Some players- when bending with their third finger- end up with some separation between the 3rd finger and the pinky. This isn't something that happens on purpose, so I wouldn't worry about it too much.

Also, these are two fret bends, right? They sound pretty in tune to me