Hello,
when I bought my fender jazz (mexican) bass, it had 2 hairline cracks up by the 2 bottom tuners. incredibly small. I've played it a few months and nothing changed.

I took it in for a setup and to be put in drop c. They're a bit bigger now, but haven't seemed to have changed. I can post pictures if needed.

Should i be concerned? I don't want to permanently wreck my bass. I probably wont be going to different tunings.

Last edited by PianoNinja18 at Jan 12, 2013,
I think we'll be needing some pictures. It's very hard to say whether it's a concern with the information offered.
are the cracks in the finish? that's pretty normal. if they're in the wood that's usually not a good thing

worst case scenario, GFS necks are really nice and only cost about $50 shipped
1978 Peavey T-40 -> Ampeg Micro-VR - > Ampeg SVT210AV + Ampeg SVT-15E
It's not all the way through, but I dont know if it's finish or not lol. The tuners cover most of the back
Here's a pic with my iphone 4S, a pretty good camera

It is hard to tell if that is in the finish. The next time you are in the shop, have a good tech look at it and listen to what he or she says. Cracks can often be stabilized by injecting epoxy into them, but you want it done right or you get an ugly mess. For now, don't sweat it.
"Drinking is a skill and should be recognized as such!"

Quote by gregs1020
FatalGear41 knows the ways of the obscure. I hear it's just not with Gibsons. Beware, Halloween approaches...

Quote by Spaz91
DAMNIT FATALGEAR YOU RUINED MUH FLOW!