Where do I get a guitar camera from? Many guitarists on youtube use some kind of camera that focuses only on the fretboard. How can such a guitar camera be made?

I googled it but did not get any satisfactory results
Quote by sanjeev george
Where do I get a guitar camera from? Many guitarists on youtube use some kind of camera that focuses only on the fretboard. How can such a guitar camera be made?

I googled it but did not get any satisfactory results

It's not so much about the camera as it is about the mount for the camera. I think most are using a flexible tripod of some kind to set it up. I've done something similar with my GoPro and a big C-clamp... There are a thousand ways to do it really.
Quote by Cathbard
Quote by Raijouta
Unless its electronic drums.

BURN THE WITCH!!!!!
Pinhole camera, spy camera, mini wireless camera and attach to headstock. From £20-£300
Quote by m33sta
Pinhole camera, spy camera, mini wireless camera. From £20-£300

But how will you fix a spy cam to the headstock??
Quote by tubetime86
It's not so much about the camera as it is about the mount for the camera. I think most are using a flexible tripod of some kind to set it up. I've done something similar with my GoPro and a big C-clamp... There are a thousand ways to do it really.

Suggest some simple way to do it?
If I was going to make guitar instructional videos (as an example) I'd simply set a reasonable quality HD video camera on a tripod up and capture the entire guitar in the frame, then when I wanted to show specific techniques I'd use video editing software to zoom and crop the raw video to highlight the section of the guitar I was using.

Pretty simple really.
“Ignorance more frequently begets confidence than does knowledge.”
Charles Darwin
Quote by sanjeev george
Suggest some simple way to do it?

Masking tape.
I taped my webcam to my headstock once, is that the kind of guitarcamera you're talking about?
Quote by R45VT
Bastards.
Quote by WeZ-84
You could use a gorillapod tripod and wrap the legs around the headstock.

http://joby.com/gorillapod

Exactly...

Sanjeev - Are you really incapable of thinking of a way to attach a camera to a headstock while keeping the fretboard in the frame? FFS you can use duct tape.
Quote by Cathbard
Quote by Raijouta
Unless its electronic drums.

BURN THE WITCH!!!!!
As suggested before, the Go Pro camera actually has a suction cup that you can use on the headstock itself. The lens is quite wide, almost fisheye, so with that out of the way, that might be what you're looking for if you don't mind the wideness.