Page 3 of 3
Quote by WildthingJR
I bet you're secretly a pretentious 14-y/o who exclusively listens to metal and hardrock instead of the pretentious shit you put on your profile

hey, what can I tell you?
sometimes I see us in a cymbal splash or in the sound of a car crash
Rush is the best band in the world. I'm gonna chain smoke birthday joints and listen to their whole discography twice over when they call it a day.
Quote by JohnnyGenzale
Feel free to take a look at my favourite artists and come back please.

Rush sucks.
It's different if you hate all rock/metal genres altogether. My mother also hates Rush, along with many other hard rock bands. She only listens to opera and folk music.

I'm talking about kids who claim they're massive metal fans and don't dare to open their music tastes, especially if it's not a "heavy" band. They'll say the same thing about classic blues guitarists as well.
Quote by Redsectoreh
Rush is the best band in the world. I'm gonna chain smoke birthday joints and listen to their whole discography twice over when they call it a day.

I was waiting for this dude to post. Makes up for Ian.
Quote by Ian_the_fox
It's different if you hate all rock/metal genres altogether. My mother also hates Rush, along with many other hard rock bands. She only listens to opera and folk music.

I'm talking about kids who claim they're massive metal fans and don't dare to open their music tastes, especially if it's not a "heavy" band. They'll say the same thing about classic blues guitarists as well.

I don't hate all metal/rock genres altogether. I just don't like Rush. Is it so hard to understand that people might dislike your favourite band despite liking other bands around them?
sometimes I see us in a cymbal splash or in the sound of a car crash
Quote by Ian_the_fox

Then you are talking to an audience that does not exist on this forum. Nobody cares pal.
I'd say Triumph maybe sounds a tiny bit like Rush, but TS must have been dreaming about the whole thing.
Quote by Ian_the_fox

I don't like Rush because I find them boring. They're not horrible, I just don't like their music. Jesus Christ, is that so hard to believe? You sound like those people who think everyone should suck the Beatles' dicks "because they influenced so many other bands, man!!"
___

Quote by The_Blode
she was saying things like... do you want to netflix and chill but just the chill part...too bad she'll never know that I only like the Netflix part...
Quote by Ian_the_fox

*looks at iTunes music catalogue in front of him*
Yeah, that sure doesn't look like me. I mean, hell...let's list some bands that clearly aren't Metal or "heavy" that I like.
Alcest, Alter Bridge, Battle Circus (post-rock band), The Black Keys, Coheed and Cambria, Jimi Hendrix, Karnivool (Prog Rock, 2nd album isn't that heavy), The Mars Volta, Ninth Moon Black (psychedelic instrumental rock), P. O. D., Queen, Queens of the Stone Age, Smashing Pumpkins, Yes

...that's just a short list. That doesn't even account for any Jazz or Blues or Classical music I enjoy.

Point is, stop generalizing.
Last edited by crazysam23_Atax at Jan 17, 2013,
Quote by Ian_the_fox
What makes you believe I'm butthurt? I'm just insulting your child-like opinion.

I just don't understand how one who claims to be a huge metal fan like yourself can't stand to listen to Rush considering the amount of metal musicians who've cited them as an influence, especially Progressive metal artists which you seem to enjoy.

Based on my experience, the only individuals who've told me they can't stand Rush are the same ones who wear the A7X and Slipknot T-shirts and are obsessed with generic Metalcore and shitty semi-mainstream bands like Godsmack and Five Finger Death Punch. The typical 14-year-old's taste.

I like Rush and what is this
Quote by Ian_the_fox
You're not girly enough of a boy for me, and you're not man enough to take the top. So like, sorry bitch but you ain't mine! Sorry.
Quote by fail
I like Rush and what is this

+1

i did get mad at crazysam, but he just rustles my jimmies so fucking much

and then this Ian guy is just like...that, and i don't even
i miss the old kanye
Quote by Primus2112
+1

i did get mad at crazysam, but he just rustles my jimmies so fucking much

I don't say any of these things to piss you (or anybody) off. I apologize if I offended you, man.
I don't like rush, I find them quite boring.
I also find Yes boring, and alot of other bands.

go ahead flame.
Quote by element4433
One time I watched a dog lick his own dick for twenty minutes.

Quote by Roc8995
No.

Well, technically it could be done, but only in the same way that you could change a cat into a hamburger. It's an unpleasant process, and nobody is happy with the result.
Quote by crazysam23_Atax
I don't say any of these things to piss you (or anybody) off. I apologize if I offended you, man.

No apology needed, you just offend me by existing. I'm gonna have to deal with it.
i miss the old kanye
Quote by Primus2112
No apology needed, you just offend me by existing. I'm gonna have to deal with it.

Ian, I just read your argument with the others...

You...are...such...a...dumbass...
Never imagine yourself not to be otherwise than what it might appear to others that what you were or might have been was not otherwise than what you had been would have appeared to them to be otherwise
Quote by Ian_the_fox

If I was to tell you that I listen to a lot of Metal but dislike Iron Maiden, Judas Priest, Megadeth, Slayer, Metallica, Gojira, Meshuggah, Pantera, Testament, Cannibal Corpse, Rush, Alice Cooper, Deep Purple, and Led Zeppelin, what would you think of me?
i cant believe how much that sounds like rush, ive never heard anyone nearly as similar.
Last.fm So you can make fun of my taste in music
Youtube So you can make fun of my videos
Page 3 of 3