Perverockstar69
270 IQ
Is this just a market strategy or ar these any better than regular Epiphones?

Mesa Royal Atlantic
Laney LC15R
Emperor 4x12 Silver Bells
Gibson SG Standard
LTD Viper-500
Catalinbread Ottava Magus
Jim Dunlop CFH
MXR Carbon Copy
EHX Epitome
EHX Superego
Fuzz Hugger Algal Bloom
Way Huge Fat Sandwich
Roc8995
250 IQ
Link? I don't think that's a real thing. The Custom is its own model but I've never heard of a 'custom shop' Epi besides mislabeled fakes on eBay auctions.
Perverockstar69
270 IQ
I want to know if they are good enough, I mean, I know some Epis are nice guitars but I want something of certain quality, do I explain myself correctly? Like on the same league as Gibson Lp Studio. I do know Elitists are really great guitars but they are not available in my area.

Mesa Royal Atlantic
Laney LC15R
Emperor 4x12 Silver Bells
Gibson SG Standard
LTD Viper-500
Catalinbread Ottava Magus
Jim Dunlop CFH
MXR Carbon Copy
EHX Epitome
EHX Superego
Fuzz Hugger Algal Bloom
Way Huge Fat Sandwich
terribleguitar
Really terrible guitarist
210 IQ
There are a lot more "custom shop epiphones" - I've seen an Epiphone Custom Shop EET FUK explorer (actually called 1984 Explorer, but a set of EMGs and vintage white color mean something). I don't think they differ in quality from other models.
Last edited by terribleguitar at Jan 18, 2013,
paruwi
€pi Wiki Team
10 IQ
There is NO real existing Custom Shop at any Epiphone factory.

It is just a sticker, sometimes a different color qualifies to get 'Custom-Shop' label

they are produced side by side with all the other models

WholeLottaIzzy
UGs Only Rhythm Guitarist
800 IQ
All differences are purely cosmetic. Binding, figured/ carved top, gold hardware. If you're gunna get one, save up another hundred quid or so and get a used Gibson Les Paul Studio.
GOLDIE93
30 IQ
From what I have seen, and don't quote this as gospel. The only difference between a custom shop and a regular is the custom shop ones come out of a Chinese factory that only makes Epiphones. The others come out of a Chinese factory that makes a variety of guitars for other companies. Might make for better quality control.

Usually the only thing custom about them is the limited runs on finish types. My G400 is a custom shop, but the only difference between it and a normal one is mine is metallic gold all over including the back of the neck.
YA GOTTA HIT IT ON THE ONE
pics of gear updated on profile 11/16/09
JustRooster
Professionally Crabby
514 IQ
Quote by WholeLottaIzzy
All differences are purely cosmetic. Binding, figured/ carved top, gold hardware. If you're gunna get one, save up another hundred quid or so and get a used Gibson Les Paul Studio.

+1

Quote by EyeNon15
Thats too bad, I was under the impression I was arguing something profound

Quote by StewieSwan
my eyes are rolling harder than fred durst

MrFlibble
Puts a bangin' donk on it
462 IQ
The 'Custom Shop' is a logo that is applied to every Epiphone that is only made under a limited run. It is the equivalent of Fender's 'FSR' guitars. There is no Epiphone Custom Shop in the traditional sense, although there are Epiphone operations both in Japan and at the Gibson Custom Shop which do make higher-quality, semi-custom and custom guitars, when there is a need for a better guitar with the Epiphone label (again, just as the Fender Custom Shop sometimes makes guitars with the 'Squier' logo).
Yes, I know everything. No, I can't play worth a damn.
A child is trafficked and sold for sex slavery every 30 seconds. Support Love146.
Bhaok
The evil old man
20 IQ
Quote by MrFlibble
The 'Custom Shop' is a logo that is applied to every Epiphone that is only made under a limited run. It is the equivalent of Fender's 'FSR' guitars. There is no Epiphone Custom Shop in the traditional sense, although there are Epiphone operations both in Japan and at the Gibson Custom Shop which do make higher-quality, semi-custom and custom guitars, when there is a need for a better guitar with the Epiphone label (again, just as the Fender Custom Shop sometimes makes guitars with the 'Squier' logo).

DING DING DING!!! We have a winner! And it only took 11 posts.
Bhaok

The following statement is true. The proceeding statement is false.
T00DEEPBLUE
Boba FRETT
260 IQ
Quote by Bhaok

Presumably, you already knew the answer to the question, so if you already knew, why didn't you say what flibble just said earlier?

If you didn't know the answer, what right do you have to bitch about how it look more than 10 posts to get the answer? It's not like you're going to tell us anything useful.
Quote by Axelfox
Please understand how little we as a community care
Last edited by T00DEEPBLUE at Jan 19, 2013,
paruwi
€pi Wiki Team
10 IQ
Quote by Bhaok

what about post #7

Robbgnarly
Tab Contributor
290 IQ
Quote by paruwi
what about post #7

Here how about this
It is just for you
2002 PRS CE22
2013 G&L ASAT Deluxe
2009 Epiphone G-400 (SH-4)
Marshall JCM2000 DSL100
Krank 1980 Jr 20watt
Krank Rev 4x12 (eminence V12)
GFS Greenie/Digitech Bad Monkey
Morley Bad Horsie 2
MXR Smart Gate
JustRooster
Professionally Crabby
514 IQ
Or post #8 for that matter.

Quote by EyeNon15
Thats too bad, I was under the impression I was arguing something profound

Quote by StewieSwan
my eyes are rolling harder than fred durst

Bhaok
The evil old man
20 IQ
Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Presumably, you already knew the answer to the question, so if you already knew, why didn't you say what flibble just said earlier?

If you didn't know the answer, what right do you have to bitch about how it look more than 10 posts to get the answer? It's not like you're going to tell us anything useful.

errrrrrr I did not see the thread until it was answered maybe??
Bhaok

T00DEEPBLUE
Boba FRETT
260 IQ
Quote by Bhaok
errrrrrr I did not see the thread until it was answered maybe??

Well that just means that you should've viewed this thread earlier then doesn't it?

Since you've got nothing better to do than to think you're being such a smartass for bitching about how it took 11 posts to get a detailed reply, you have no right to complain.
Quote by Axelfox
Bhaok
The evil old man
20 IQ
Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Well that just means that you should've viewed this thread earlier then doesn't it?

Since you've got nothing better to do than to think you're being such a smartass for bitching about how it took 11 posts to get a detailed reply, you have no right to complain.

You seem to be one complaining. Or do you just need to add your own useless 2 cents??
Bhaok

T00DEEPBLUE
Boba FRETT
260 IQ
Quote by Bhaok
You seem to be one complaining.

About how you are bitching and yet have nothing useful to contribute yourself? Seems pretty legit if you ask me.
Quote by Bhaok
Or do you just need to add your own useless 2 cents??

Given that what i have to say about your posts is legit, my posts have a lot more value than yours, mate.

What is with the emoticons?
Quote by Axelfox
MrFlibble
Puts a bangin' donk on it
462 IQ
If you kids don't stop this racket, I'll turn this car around and there wil be no ice cream for anyone.
Yes, I know everything. No, I can't play worth a damn.
A child is trafficked and sold for sex slavery every 30 seconds. Support Love146.
T00DEEPBLUE
Boba FRETT
260 IQ
Quote by MrFlibble
If you kids don't stop this racket, I'll turn this car around and there wil be no ice cream for anyone.

Quote by Axelfox
Mars Rover
Guitar Cannibal
50 IQ
This Epi LP Special is marked “Limited Edition Custom Shop”. One thing I noticed is the Grovers are stamped “Grover” but I think they appear on non-CS Epis also. The ones on my Broadway look like real Grovers but are not marked as such.

I think the above comments about the Custom Shops having different finishes are accurate. This one is marked as a factory 2nd because Epiphone was going for a particular color - but screwed it up somehow. It came out as high-gloss translucent silver-white which may be one of a kind and may actually look kinda cool.

I won this LP Special in an eBay auction and I’m expecting delivery in two or three days. I’ve wanted a Special for awhile and with all of the Gibson closeouts, I nearly pulled the trigger several times on the Gibby. But I’m a P90 virgin I thought this might be cheap introduction to soap bar pickups. As long as it plays and sounds as good as the seller says, it’ll be my Special.

EBMM JP6, EBMM Bongo Bass 5-string, Heritage H140CM, ESP Tele Copy, ESP P-Bass Copy, ESP Maverick, Fender HM Strat, Ibanez ST-55, Epiphone Broadway, Taylor 310, Seagull S-12, Musicman Sixty-Five Reverb, Fender HRD, Ampeg B-25B
Bhaok
The evil old man
20 IQ
Quote by MrFlibble

Crap!! Now we get no goodies. Oh yes and about the emotcons. The answer is. Because I can use them.
Bhaok