Ian hawkins
60 IQ
Hey everyone,
I'm in search of a decent reverb pedal without blowing vast amounts of money.
My current setup is an Epiphone Tony Iommi G-400 and Laney A.O.R 50,running into an old 4x10,and a couple pedals. This works fine for the heavy stoner/doom kind of stuff I play,however recently I've toned it down a bit and started playing some ominous drone jazz,very much in the vein of a band called Earth
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EFSpuOgH8xQ
I'd love to go out and buy a nice Fender amp,but I just can't afford it.And besides,I like the sound I can get,but I just need some reverb.I've tried using the reverb setting on my EHX Memory Man with Hazarai,used in the effects loop,but it just doesn't sound right.Too digital,not very crisp or clear.I think I'd prefer an analogue reverb over a digital one,and I don't need a vast range of functions.
I'm aiming to spend no more than $150,and import a pedal from the U.S.If it's really worth it though,this budget can stretch.
Seagulls,the chicken of the ocean.

Originally posted by Gunpowder:
Everyone just jumps on the bandwagon and gives the same advice in these situations. You know what? I'm going to be different. Call the firemen.
GABarrie
Call me Gordon
90 IQ
if you get a dedicated reverb pedal the digital reverb sounds are pretty authentic.

ones to look out for would be the TC Hall of Fame, Electro Harmonix Holy Grail or... i dunno, blanking.

If you're really set on going analog, that means springs and you best option is the Carl Martin Headroom but that's certainly not a budget option
Epiphone Les Paul Plus Top
Jet City JCA5212RC (SLO Modded)
Ibanez WD7 Wah
Mad Professor Sweet Honey Overdrive
TC Electronic Flashback Triple Delay
TC Electronic Trinity Reverb
Ian hawkins
60 IQ
GABarrie: That's good to hear,I had bad experiences with the hazarai
Unmagic: I have looked at that pedal,but I'm looking more for a dedicated reverb pedal
In that same series however is the Boss clone of a Fender Reverb unit,anyone had any experiences with them?
Seagulls,the chicken of the ocean.

Originally posted by Gunpowder:
Everyone just jumps on the bandwagon and gives the same advice in these situations. You know what? I'm going to be different. Call the firemen.
GABarrie
Call me Gordon
90 IQ
except that sounds nothing like a nice fender amp... just sayin'
Epiphone Les Paul Plus Top
Jet City JCA5212RC (SLO Modded)
Ibanez WD7 Wah
Mad Professor Sweet Honey Overdrive
TC Electronic Flashback Triple Delay
TC Electronic Trinity Reverb
Perverockstar69
270 IQ
Hardwire Supernatural

Mesa Royal Atlantic
Laney LC15R
Emperor 4x12 Silver Bells
Gibson SG Standard
LTD Viper-500
Catalinbread Ottava Magus
Jim Dunlop CFH
MXR Carbon Copy
EHX Epitome
EHX Superego
Fuzz Hugger Algal Bloom
Way Huge Fat Sandwich
souperman08
140 IQ
Hall of Fame would be a good bet, Boss RV-5 isn't bad either. If you want to go cheap, I'm pretty sure Biyang makes a reverb pedal.
Telecasters-->Dunlop Volume Pedal-T1M Pearl-AMT Japanese Girl Wah-Line 6 M9-Ibanez DE7-EHX Cathedral-->Mesa Boogie Nomad 4x10 combo