HI guys,

I'm looking to start a mini-project making my own guitar pedals - are there any "make your own guitar pedal" kits to get me started?

If not second best would be somewhere I can buy cases to fit the circuitry into - i have no metalwork facilities, but am fine with the electronics side of things so can make circuits from schematics found online.

I'm mainly doing this for fun, so if it sounds like cack at the end I don't care to much, it's the building side I'm interested in!

EDIT: I'm in the UK
EDIT2: I remember having electronics kits as a child and making my own radio/radio jammer - do these things still exist? Google is coming up short
The only 6 words that can make you a better guitarist:

Learn theory
Practice better
Practice more
Last edited by doive at Jan 18, 2013,
Build your own clone
Mammoth electronics I believe

... I'm sure there are others as well. Not as cheap as one would hope they'd be, but still less than buying the market pedal.
Hydroxic acid, kills thousands of people every year. Studies have shown lakes and rivers all over North America contain high levels hydroxic acid. Currently governments have taken no action against this life threatening chemical.
modkitsdiy.com is another that looks nice
Fender 60th Anniv MIM Strat (SD Little 59er Br)
Agile AL-2000 Rootbeer Flame (GFS Vtg '59)
Fender Hot Rod Deluxe
GFS Chorus
DS-1
guitarpcb.com
madbeanpedals.com
generalguitargadgets.com

GGG will sell the full kits, but you're better off getting the circuit board and then getting your components separately (I personally recommend Rapid Electronics), and then buy a enclosure (Hammond are excellent quality, drill it, then stick the circuit in.

If you need it, I have a UV box and etching tank if you need circuit boards made, and I'm in the UK. If you need any help, feel free to drop me a PM and I'll help out as much as I can as I build my own pedals as well.
Thanks guys - That's an awesome start! I'll let you know how it goes!

Learn theory
Practice better
Practice more
Anyone know of anything similar based in the UK?

Learn theory
Practice better
Practice more
+1 on the build your own clone. they have some really good stuff. a little on the pricey side for diy, but the quality is there. i just built the overdrive2 kit and i think it's great. http://vibe-o-tronic.co.uk/ is the uk dealer for them.
Q: What's worse than lobsters on your piano?
A: Crabs on your organ.
Quote by doive
Anyone know of anything similar based in the UK?

What are you looking for? Kits, or to source everything yourself and build it?
http://pedalparts.co.uk/

I ordered a thug fuzz kit from him the other day. I haven't managed to get around to doing it yet, but the kits are cheap enough, there's a bit of a variety and it came quickly enough.

Just a heads up, a few of his projects don't come with enclosures but most of them do and you have to select it from the dropdown list in the shop.

EDIT: just seen the date. oh well.
Rhythm in Jump. Dancing Close to You.

Quote by element4433
Yeah. people, like Lemoninfluence, are hypocrites and should have all their opinions invalidated from here on out.
Last edited by Lemoninfluence at Feb 9, 2013,