It's hard to find a great anything. That's why they're great.
Quote by Sliide90027
But as a bigoted lemming, you have so cry an Alinslyite slur revealing you lack of reason and sense.

Quote by MusicLord16
BOB 1. ur 20 and two u like evil things and idk if u worship the devil
Because drumming is harder than not drumming.
Quote by slapsymcdougal
I'm cockblocked regularly by my appearance and personality.
Because drums are for queer-o-sexuals

except whoomit

Quote by The_Blode
she was saying things like... do you want to netflix and chill but just the chill part...too bad she'll never know that I only like the Netflix part...
Because drummers are usually, dumb, smoke pot a lot, or are incredibly lazy.

Ergo, they usually die at a young age due to natural selection.
I've been fortunate enough to jam with some really great drummers. I haven't jammed with a bad once since I was like 15
It was my privilege
At least in my experience, the drums are something that are much more tedious to practice at when first starting out than the guitar is.

Also, ladies are impressed by pretty chord voicings and melodies, not rhythms. Hence, more people play guitar.

Rhythm is very underrated.
Quote by soundgarden1986
Why don't you become the great drummer?

This is the serious answer.
Drummers are a bitch to find, my band was together for almost 2 years and we never found a drummer. Every drummer that ever tried out wouldn't take us seriously, and we ended up playing shows without a drummer and became the laughing stock of the Fort Wayne hardcore music scene
in my experience, bass players - aside from me - tend to make pretty solid drummers
Because truly great drummers usually have the self-respect to not play in a band with amateurish condescending jagoffs.
Quote by rubbieh
Because truly great drummers usually have the self-respect to not play in a band with amateurish condescending jagoffs.

Daaaamn that's cold.

The worst is when the drummer is the douchebag of the band.
I'm a bluegrass musician. I don't know what a drummer is.

Quote by OperaIsNotMusic
Its not the people that are missing the beat, its the beat thats missing the people...

Between your post, sig, username, and avatar, you clearly are something, and it is not something particularly good.
*your ad here*
First off kiddos: it's hard to find someone that practices drums seriously AND is competent enough to have a mortage for a house (since ya know....it's tough to practice drums in an apartment).

Another crappy thing is their pad alway seems to become the practice space, since it's easier for everyone to lug their stuff there rather than ask a drummer to do the same. So if they do bail on a practice, everyone is ****ed.

My drummer has a hard time keeping consistent double bass above 140 bpm, and he wants to incorporate a thrash beat (that's the snare on the "and") all the time. Aside from that, he's very good for our style and remains just as passionate as me.
Last edited by bdof at Jan 18, 2013,
Best drummer right here:

...modes and scales are still useless.

Quote by PhoenixGRM
Hey guys could you spare a minute to Vote for my band. Go to the site Search our band Listana with CTRL+F for quick and vote Thank you .
Quote by sam b
Voted for Patron Çıldırdı.

Quote by PhoenixGRM
But our Band is Listana
Quote by Xiaoxi
Best drummer right here:

OT: Every band should have a robot drummer.
Quote by MakinLattes
I'd kill you and wear your skin.
Quote by Siv During Livh
To attempt to have intercourse with a hornet's nest is a very bad idea,

Voted UG's worst cross dresser.
Also voted #95 on UG's Top 100 2013. Like it means anything....
I know two dudes that are in a marching band and they're pretty good. They never had any interest in being in a rock band, they just play at parades. But they both have a natural talent for tempo, etc...

I wonder how dudes in a marching band would translate as rock n'roll (or whatever type of music) band drummers. There are a lot of parade drummers in high school, college, and special orgs.

Maybe ask one of them if that desperate, I dunno?
Quote by Pagan_Poetry
Sadly this is Ultimate-guitar, not Simple-guitar. We can't help you.