I bought a marshall class 5 and it has a subtle hum even when the volume is at 0, and it gets louder as i increase input volume. I have been suggested to rotate the OT 90 degress, do I need to frain caps and remove tubes before doing this, thanks.
Yes, you need to discharge caps and take out tubes. If you didn't even know that, maybe the mod is above your level.
E-peen:
Rhodes Gemini
Fryette Ultra Lead
Peavey 6505
THD Flexi 50

Gibson R0 Prototype
EBMM JP13 Rosewood
Fender CS Mary Kaye

WTLT

(512) Audio Engineering - Custom Pedal Builds, Mods and Repairs
^Thanks The reason I asked because there are no caps on the chassis of the amp itself, so I wasnt sure ( also I am talking about rotating not replacing
Last edited by yousef213 at Jan 18, 2013,
Well, you'd still need to place your hand inside of the chassis to insert a second nut, as well as drill a hole into the chassis. Anytime anything goes inside of the chassis, caps should be discharged. Tubes should be removed just as a general rule; it's too easy to break them when working on an amp with them in place, particularly if they're taller than the transformers and you'll be drilling the chassis.
E-peen:
Rhodes Gemini
Fryette Ultra Lead
Peavey 6505
THD Flexi 50

Gibson R0 Prototype
EBMM JP13 Rosewood
Fender CS Mary Kaye

WTLT

(512) Audio Engineering - Custom Pedal Builds, Mods and Repairs
you can't just turn the ot. it's not on a swivel. you need to unscrew it and drill new mounting holes for it.
buffalo buffalo buffalo buffalo buffalo buffalo buffalo.
Shocking hazard my friend...

Mesa Royal Atlantic
Emperor 4x12 Silver Bells
PRS Swamp Ash Limited Custom 24
EQD Acapulco Gold
MXR Carbon Copy
EHX Epitome
EHX Superego
Fuzz Hugger Algal Bloom
Way Huge Fat Sandwich