Poll: Idk
Poll Options
View poll results: Idk
Stop being a lazy douche and learn to sing.
35 59%
Wait out the storm of awful singers and hope for the best
15 25%
summon chuck norris to sing for us at gigs for he needs no practice
9 15%
Voters: 59.
Androidjoey
60 IQ
Title pretty much says it all we need a singer and it impossible to find one under 30 that doesn't just scream and make guttural animal noises. So pit my question is,
    should i stop being a lazy douche and learn how to sing and play myself or continue on this path of despair known as modern metal singers
    Mathedes
    Dissonant Unison
    30 IQ
    Stop being a lazy douche period and make me some metalz.
    We're all alright!
    Holy Katana
    Anarcho-Awesomist
    70 IQ
    I'd just say to do it yourself, unless you're writing music that's exceptionally demanding for the voice.

But that's the nice thing about writing your own music: you can write with your limitations in mind.

EDIT: Oh, you want a clean metal singer? Yeah, melodic metal can be pretty demanding, with all that reinforced falsetto and even occasionally belting.
    Last edited by Holy Katana at Jan 18, 2013,
    flaphead325
    Sr Bartolomew Shredman IV
    196 IQ
    Quote by 5thCircuitRider
    Stop being a lazy douche and find a singing drummer.

Singing drummers are the worst choice for stage presence

Good singers are hard to find because:
    - They have to sing in tune (not very rare)
    - They have to have enough balls to sing in front of other people (very rare)

A good technique is to find a guy with balls, and make him work out his voice
    Last edited by flaphead325 at Jan 18, 2013,
    5thCircuitRider
    Wild Horseman
    20 IQ
    Quote by flaphead325
    Singing drummers are the worst choice for stage presence

Good singers are hard to find because:
    - They have to sing in tune (not very rare)
    - They have to have enough balls to sing in front of other people (very rare)

chev311e
    Will do moose stuff for $
    10 IQ
    Quote by 5thCircuitRider

I stared at that for too long before I noticed it was repeating.
    AxeToFall
    Dazed Glonuts
    10 IQ
    Well, post-rock iz lyke all tha rayge now, an' most post-rock bandz dont' singz.
    Androidjoey
    60 IQ
    Quote by Holy Katana
    I'd just say to do it yourself, unless you're writing music that's exceptionally demanding for the voice.

But that's the nice thing about writing your own music: you can write with your limitations in mind.

EDIT: Oh, you want a clean metal singer? Yeah, melodic metal can be pretty demanding, with all that reinforced falsetto and even occasionally belting.

Yup we play melodic metal so its a bit demanding to do both since i'm also playing lead and rhythm guitar but if anyone has tips on belting it would be really helpful
    MAC2322
    UG's Twilight Sparkle
    10 IQ
    I'm a singer and you've found me. Hypothesis disproven.
    My signature lacks content. It is, however, blue.
    Todd Hart
    Do Sadists go to Hell?
    10 IQ
    Is melodic metal the one with the tweedly-doo or the doodly-dee?
    ...Stapling helium to penguins since 1949.
    BlueAltitudes
    The Virtuoso's Brother.
    30 IQ
    Honestly just do it yourself. At the very least you'll benefit from added musicianship and possibly become a great singer or even become solely a singer. Eventually you may find someone to replace you and then voila, you've got back up vocals now.
    Quote by Fishyesque
    Well, you might make her think otherwise.

You could just show her that you have a PS3 and BANG.

Heterosexual.

Quote by metal4all
    A chainsaw can take a girl off her feet pretty nicely. Then there are less limbs to worry about while you rape her.
    Androidjoey
    60 IQ
    Quote by BlueAltitudes
    Honestly just do it yourself. At the very least you'll benefit from added musicianship and possibly become a great singer or even become solely a singer. Eventually you may find someone to replace you and then voila, you've got back up vocals now.

Well i've decided i'll just be filling in till we get a singer not a big fan of it but at least my playing will get tighter from it
    BlueAltitudes
    The Virtuoso's Brother.
    30 IQ
    Quote by Androidjoey
    Well i've decided i'll just be filling in till we get a singer not a big fan of it but at least my playing will get tighter from it

I honestly think you'll really like it and come to better appreciate good singing. I used to think singing was easy and that anyone could do it and boy did I find out fast how wrong I was. I actually study voice now and it's not easy because I'm not really a natural singer but I really like and want to become as good as I can and combine it with my guitar playing now. It's really helped my overall musicianship like I said earlier and you'll find playing things more and more easier the better you get.
    Quote by Fishyesque
    Well, you might make her think otherwise.

You could just show her that you have a PS3 and BANG.

Heterosexual.

Quote by metal4all
    A chainsaw can take a girl off her feet pretty nicely. Then there are less limbs to worry about while you rape her.
    willT08
    Banned
    211 IQ
    I've been looking for a vocalist for some EDM I'm working on and I found about 7 in an hour...

Do you not have singing friends? I could rattle off about 20 names who have Grade 7 at least
    theogonia777
    Miss Kristen
    230 IQ
    Just play instrumental bluegrass. That way you need neither a singer nor a drummer.

Quote by Todd Hart
    Is melodic metal the one with the tweedly-doo or the doodly-dee?

No, you're thinking of technical death metal, which is the one that goes weedle-weedle-deedle-dee. In fact, I've decided to start tech death band called Viridian Forest.
    Quote by Hal-Sephira
    Shut the mother#%$& up, $^%got. You have a #$%^ing terrible muther&@$#ing taste in %#$@ing music, @&%$ing movies and %&$#ing video games. Every time I see you on the forums, you are always saying something overrated and some $@&#ing sh*t. You are just mother$^@%ing ignorant as a whole.

Get a #%$@ing life or you will get banned for life.

Quote by Arby911
    Kristen is very open-minded; believes that everyone is entitled to her opinion...

Quote by NirvanaLuvr16
    omg its better than i imagined... so dark and cozy and warm...

Read this please.
    Ian_the_fox
    Banned
    270 IQ
    Ah, yes. The singer search. Been there, done that.

Singers are the hardest members to find for the sole reason that a majority of them have over-the-top egos. What you have probably already found is that anyone who claims they can sing/scream, can't. It's rare to even find someone who uses proper technique.

And often times, the ones who truly can will dislike your music genre or don't have suitable range or capabilities for your music (can sing but not do harsh, or other way around, etc.). If you can even find one who's good to start with.

The trick is to look away from the assholes with the massive "vocalist" egos. Look other places. Are you still in high school? Do they have a choir? Ask people there. Ask the choir teacher who they would recommend. It will be difficult, but you'll just have to look hard.

That, or become the vocalist yourself. That's what I did. I don't think I'm all that great, but I at least am experienced and use proper techniques, plus other people (aside from my idiot friends) think I sound good. Granted, I've been singing for years but that doesn't mean you can't learn.
    Androidjoey
    60 IQ
    Quote by Ian_the_fox
    Ah, yes. The singer search. Been there, done that.

Singers are the hardest members to find for the sole reason that a majority of them have over-the-top egos. What you have probably already found is that anyone who claims they can sing/scream, can't. It's rare to even find someone who uses proper technique.

And often times, the ones who truly can will dislike your music genre or don't have suitable range or capabilities for your music (can sing but not do harsh, or other way around, etc.). If you can even find one who's good to start with.

The trick is to look away from the assholes with the massive "vocalist" egos. Look other places. Are you still in high school? Do they have a choir? Ask people there. Ask the choir teacher who they would recommend. It will be difficult, but you'll just have to look hard.

That, or become the vocalist yourself. That's what I did. I don't think I'm all that great, but I at least am experienced and use proper techniques, plus other people (aside from my idiot friends) think I sound good. Granted, I've been singing for years but that doesn't mean you can't learn.

Already checked with my friends who were in choir and stuff but its either i'm busy or i want to scream or i'm a professional and i know best so their for i will sing about my broken heart and how much i miss my ex. So the only logical answer at this point is to be a proper band leader and take the task so we can record and gig
    losing battle
    UG's Trollestia
    250 IQ
    Clean metal singer forget even exist? Still better then finding a decent drummer for metal.
    Quote by joshua garcia
    I was incredibly drunk and only really remember writing a fanfic where ESP was getting porked by a pony.

Quote by guitar0player
    I'd honestly fap to anything with a set of genitals as long as I find it aesthetically appealing.
    Androidjoey
    60 IQ
    Quote by BlueAltitudes
    I honestly think you'll really like it and come to better appreciate good singing. I used to think singing was easy and that anyone could do it and boy did I find out fast how wrong I was. I actually study voice now and it's not easy because I'm not really a natural singer but I really like and want to become as good as I can and combine it with my guitar playing now. It's really helped my overall musicianship like I said earlier and you'll find playing things more and more easier the better you get.

Since you study voice maybe you can help me out i can sing in Em pretty easily but im struggling in Gm what could i do to make it a bit smoother?