IronMaiden76
UG's Krabby Patty
170 IQ
I know Cathbard uses one. What is it? I have a line on one from my uncle. Should I get it?
Call me Chris
Quote by jimihendrix6699
had a blast until the person in front of me whipped out his dick and started pissing all over the floor..

Ducks and guitars or fish and guitars. I lead a simple existence
T7E
All smiles :)
50 IQ
Yeah cath always recommends the shit out of them, as did my music teacher.
apparently they get a little noisy but i could be wrong.
cant hurt to try, the going price on ebay is like $60 is from memory so if you are paying dont pay much more than that. maybe up to $90 if its a good one
IronMaiden76
UG's Krabby Patty
170 IQ
If it gets noisy I'll smack it in the face with my noise gate I'm guessing it's a modulation/reverb/delay unit?
Call me Chris
Quote by jimihendrix6699
had a blast until the person in front of me whipped out his dick and started pissing all over the floor..

gregs1020
Hi mom!
1,160 IQ
Quote by IronMaiden76
I'm guessing it's a modulation/reverb/delay unit?

yes
Quote by Roc8995
I don't think I've ever played anything in black walnut. It's a great ice cream flavor, so I assume it works well for a strat too.

Quote by JustRooster
The slugs in the pickups for telecasters are from old winchester rifles, which is why they sound so country.
IronMaiden76
UG's Krabby Patty
170 IQ
Quote by gregs1020
yes

Cool. Exactly what I wanted lol
Call me Chris
Quote by jimihendrix6699

Cathbard
Grumpy Old Tech
240 IQ
They only get noisy if you try to run them at too low of an input signal. If you run them in the loop they are no noisier than anything else. They are a piece of studio gear so they like to see line level.
If you really want to know all about them, go to the Alesis site and download the manual. The manual is really good.

Edit. Get yourself a MIDI controller for it. Their MIDI implementation is as good as it gets. You can target pretty much anything and anything on a Quaddy is everything. They are tweakable more than almost anything out there. Pretty much every parameter used to make a sound is editable - and accessable via MIDI.
Gilchrist custom
Yamaha SBG500
Telecasters
Randall RM100 & RM20
Marshall JTM45 clone
Marshall JCM900 4102 (modded)
Marshall 18W clone
Fender 5F1 Champ clone
Atomic Amplifire
Marshall 1960A
Boss GT-100

Cathbard Amplification
My band
Last edited by Cathbard at Jan 19, 2013,
Tremolo Bum
Addicted to FR
130 IQ
How would a Quadraverb stack up against something like a g major 2 for mod/delay/reverb? I don't really use a whole lot of effects so if this is a more cost effective option for rack gear I may look into it. I want to eventually get a rack rig for gigs and then use my pedals and everything at else for at home playing.

Jackson RR3 Rhoads and DK2M Dinky
Peavey 6505+ w/ Avatar 212 cab
Ibanez TS9, ISP Decimator, MXR 10 Band EQ
-Digitech RP1000
Cathbard
Grumpy Old Tech
240 IQ
I am yet to hear a reverb or a digital chorus as lush as a Quadraverb. I've been using one since they were first released and have no intention of upgrading it based on what else is out there.
Gilchrist custom
Yamaha SBG500
Telecasters
Randall RM100 & RM20
Marshall JTM45 clone
Marshall 18W clone
Fender 5F1 Champ clone
Atomic Amplifire
Marshall 1960A
Boss GT-100

Cathbard Amplification
My band
jukejointjohnny
10 IQ
Cathbard, I'm already using a Yamaha SPX 90 for some reverse gate reverb effects (that's pretty much all I use it for at the moment), do you have any experience of how a Quadraverb would stack up against this unit? I know it does quite a few sounds the SPX doesn't, was thinking of running them both in rack setup, but I don't want two units that have all the same sounds.
Gear:
Fender AVRI '62 Jazzmaster, Fender Gold Sparkle Strat (custom), Custom Swirled Roswell Rhoads
Marshall DSL15H, Weber Speakers, Fender Champs (x2),
'63 Fender Reverb, Mosrite Fuzzrite, Joe Bonamassa Fuzz Face, Whiteface RAT
Vintage Tubes!
IronMaiden76
UG's Krabby Patty
170 IQ
I'm not seeing it in the manual (I skimmed it) but can I have different presets from the Quadraverb using different channels on the amp? you know... like a clean/dry preset one and a dirty/delay preset 2?
Call me Chris
Quote by jimihendrix6699

Cathbard
Grumpy Old Tech
240 IQ
I've never used a Yamaha SPX 90.

The Quadraverb cannot switch the amp. I use a MIDI controller with relay outputs to do that (in my case a GP-8). If you buy, say a Behringer MIDI controller then it does the amp channel switching while simultaneously selecting the Quaddy patch to go with it.
You just have to embrace MIDI and select the correct devices to go with it. You are entering a new world and need to design your rig accordingly. It is worth the effort.
Gilchrist custom
Yamaha SBG500
Telecasters
Randall RM100 & RM20
Marshall JTM45 clone
Marshall 18W clone
Fender 5F1 Champ clone
Atomic Amplifire
Marshall 1960A
Boss GT-100

Cathbard Amplification
My band
Tremolo Bum
Addicted to FR
130 IQ
Now that I have my home rig done, I'm planning to eventually put together a rack rig for shows.

I'm going to get a footcontroller, rack tuner, a mod/delay unit, and a GCX switcher. I already have a power conditioner. I'm definitely going to look into these since the only effects I really use are chorus and delay when I play live.

Jackson RR3 Rhoads and DK2M Dinky
Peavey 6505+ w/ Avatar 212 cab
Ibanez TS9, ISP Decimator, MXR 10 Band EQ
-Digitech RP1000
Cathbard
Grumpy Old Tech
240 IQ
The chorus and delay on a Quaddy are superb. No tap tempo though, if that matters.
Quadraverbs are stoopidly cheap on ebay for what you are getting. I know of no other unit that will give you the same bang for buck.
Gilchrist custom
Yamaha SBG500
Telecasters
Randall RM100 & RM20
Marshall JTM45 clone
Marshall 18W clone
Fender 5F1 Champ clone
Atomic Amplifire
Marshall 1960A
Boss GT-100

Cathbard Amplification
My band
IronMaiden76
UG's Krabby Patty
170 IQ
Would the Behringer FCB1010 work?
Call me Chris
Quote by jimihendrix6699

Cathbard
Grumpy Old Tech
240 IQ
Yes. It has two relay outputs so you can simulate up to two footswitches for the amp and of course MIDI for the Quaddy.
Gilchrist custom
Yamaha SBG500
Telecasters
Randall RM100 & RM20
Marshall JTM45 clone
Marshall 18W clone
Fender 5F1 Champ clone
Atomic Amplifire
Marshall 1960A
Boss GT-100

Cathbard Amplification
My band
IronMaiden76
UG's Krabby Patty
170 IQ
Ok cool. So different patches could have different channels within the preset? You know what I'm saying...
Call me Chris
Quote by jimihendrix6699

Cathbard
Grumpy Old Tech
240 IQ
Yeah. The relay output's state is programmed per program/patch/preset. Change patch, change channel (or not).
Gilchrist custom
Yamaha SBG500
Telecasters
Randall RM100 & RM20
Marshall JTM45 clone
Marshall 18W clone
Fender 5F1 Champ clone
Atomic Amplifire
Marshall 1960A
Boss GT-100

Cathbard Amplification
My band
IronMaiden76
UG's Krabby Patty
170 IQ
Oh ok, that's really freaking cool. I'm pretty excited for it actually
Call me Chris
Quote by jimihendrix6699

Cathbard
Grumpy Old Tech
240 IQ
And next you can do what I do if you like. Stick another MIDI device with a programmable output level in front of the amp, quadraverb in the loop.
Then you can program the device in front to control how hard you are hitting the front of the amp (ie boost/cut) and the Quaddy in the loop as a programmable master volume. You now have total control over the gain structure of your amp. Add in amp channel switching and you have more versatility than you ever thought possible.
Gilchrist custom
Yamaha SBG500
Telecasters
Randall RM100 & RM20
Marshall JTM45 clone
Marshall 18W clone
Fender 5F1 Champ clone
Atomic Amplifire
Marshall 1960A
Boss GT-100

Cathbard Amplification
My band
IronMaiden76
UG's Krabby Patty
170 IQ
Here, I'll tell you my grand secret plan I was gonna have the guitar signal go through my wah. Then to the rack, where I'll have my SD-1 on all the time. Like velcroed to the inside of the back of the rack or something. From there I wanted it to go into my tuner, then into a gate, then into the front end. In the rack I want an EQ followed by the Quadraverb, then the gate cuz it's stereo from the back of the amp and the Quadraverb to the Behringer FCB1010

EDIT: If I get a rack wah I'd use one expression pedal as such. I'd use the other one as a volume pedal. That'd be to mute to tune. Does the Quadraverb have a volume control? meaning can I make one patch a rhythm one and the rest clean or lead?
Call me Chris
Quote by jimihendrix6699

Last edited by IronMaiden76 at Jan 20, 2013,
Cathbard
Grumpy Old Tech
240 IQ
You can program the Quadraverb's volume on a patch by patch basis in the mix section. That's what I mean by making it a programmable master volume if it is in the loop (and you will be wanting to run it in the loop). If you want you can even assign the expression pedal on the controller to target volume, turning it into a volume pedal.
It also has a global volume knob on the front (both input and output volumes). That's independent of the volume that you program into the patch.

And btw, the Quadraverb has an EQ built in. How many bands is dependent on the configuration you choose.

Here's a block diagram of how I run my rig.

Gilchrist custom
Yamaha SBG500
Telecasters
Randall RM100 & RM20
Marshall JTM45 clone
Marshall 18W clone
Fender 5F1 Champ clone
Atomic Amplifire
Marshall 1960A
Boss GT-100

Cathbard Amplification
My band
IronMaiden76
UG's Krabby Patty
170 IQ
I'll try to make one of those... :P

EDIT: Hey I did it!

look ok?
Call me Chris
Quote by jimihendrix6699

Last edited by IronMaiden76 at Jan 20, 2013,