Nope
Quote by slapsymcdougal
I'm cockblocked regularly by my appearance and personality.
i feel bad its not like you were horrible in general, but compare to a lot of the competition its not looking good for you
It feels like it's all over the place.
^^The above is a Cryptic Metaphor^^

"To know the truth of history is to realize its ultimate myth and its inevitable ambiguity." Everything is made up and the facts don't matter.

MUSIC THEORY LINK
The other competitors have already destroyed you.
Quote by Axelfox
Please understand how little we as a community care
What do I think? Well, I think you're too new to guitar playing (or at least lead guitar) to go far in the competition, given some of the stuff I've heard from others... for example, this is the entry from the guitarist in a local band on the same scene as my band:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bYehNq0_MPc
Hey, look. Sigs are back.
I would say what you really need is a new amp, but this is far beyond a new amp problem.

Okay, it's not terrible, but it's pretty easy to out do in a competition.
Quote by RAB11
Josh-Claude Van DAAAAAAAAAAYUM GRRRL hook me up with dem digits
Quote by DisarmGoliath
What do I think? Well, I think you're too new to guitar playing (or at least lead guitar) to go far in the competition, given some of the stuff I've heard from others... for example, this is the entry from the guitarist in a local band on the same scene as my band:

Shit! What is the name of that band?
Quote by SomeoneYouKnew
Your post was the only bright spot in this disgusting piece of thread.

Quote by lexanirider78
You have balls. I like balls....(awkward silence)

Quote by SeveralSpecies
I waited for the rape.

...but the rape never came
Last edited by ryan_nadon at Jan 19, 2013,
Quote by ryan_nadon
Quote by DisarmGoliath

Shit! What is the name of that band?

They're called Dakesis I only know the singer/other guitarist beyond having shared a stage with them, but he's a nice bloke and the others seem pretty cool too.

Just so you know, though, they play sort of symphonic power metal (when I mentioned 'our scene' I mean trad. metal or more of an old school metal than just screaming every word), as opposed to the more Nevermore-influenced solo you just heard, but there's still great guitar work in there!
Hey, look. Sigs are back.
Quote by Cathbard
If all you had to go on was the forum you'd think a Decimator could cure noise caused by dodgey stage lighting and restock the ocean's population of sperm whales
Sloppy playing all around. Watch your vibrato, practice your scales a bit more, and watch your bent notes, some sounded a bit gnarly.
i turned off animals as leaders live song of solomon atm for this, it better be good

i dont like the last lick you played. youre a good guitar player, but idk who enters these contests. buckethead came in 2nd with this baby https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TR_9-zA2SbA so idk if youre buckethead good or better to actually win but good luck
Last edited by jrcsgtpeppers at Jan 21, 2013,