Hi guys! I actually have this guitar since a while, but never managed to do a proper NGD/review. I recently shot a vid with it, so it's time to write a couple lines too

But, most importantly, here's a video and a pic:

http://youtu.be/L82Fd3RlnJ8

It's a '89 Ibby RG750 which should be plain white, but she likes tanning I guess It's almost stock and in extremely good conditions, I swapped the bridge pickup with a custom Haeussel. Love how it sounds and I admit the stock pickups are really good too!

Neck is unreal, definitely the thinnest I've ever played (still made in the Bensalem factory), and even thinner than other 90s Ibbies I have. At the same time it's insanely stable, maple quality at the time was far superior to the current production guitars imho.
It's currently strung with 10-46s but being the action so low (and no buzz at all) it's still very smooth to play.

I'd like to mod it a bit more, so thought about doing something like this (clear pickguard, volume knob in tone position), what do you think?

Despite the lack of proper pics this time, hope you liked this OGD!
Last edited by Frak at Jan 20, 2013,
Nice Guitar!

But clear pickguard may not work as you think it will. You're going to be able to see all the routed out wood through it, just fyi.
awesome

Quote by Soccerguy

But clear pickguard may not work as you think it will. You're going to be able to see all the routed out wood through it, just fyi.

+1
Quote by crownegamers
I saw in a couple of pictures that on Bucketheads Les Paul (only some pictures) that his neck pickup is painted in white. Can anyone explain to me why he would do this, and if there are any pros and cons.

Quote by dspellman
The guy wears a KFC Bucket and a white mask during performances, and you're interested in the color of his pickup covers?

A white pickguard would be just a cool. Happy NOGD!

Quote by EyeNon15
Thats too bad, I was under the impression I was arguing something profound

Quote by StewieSwan
my eyes are rolling harder than fred durst

Quote by Soccerguy

Good point. I'd sooner use a white pickguard.
HNGD! White guitars with black pickguards are the coolest, I'm going to make my stratocaster look like that.
PRS SE Custom 24 w/ Seymour Duncan JB and Jazz Pickups
Squire Classic Vibe Stratocaster

Digitech Bad Monkey

Pignose 7100 Legendary Amplifyer
Last edited by Dr Sixstring at Jan 19, 2013,
I think your guitar looks pretty classy as is

HNGD!!!
"evil esteban"
if this thing melts again i'm takin' it to bugera headquarters, puttin' a bag of fecal matter on it, ringin' the doorbell and flippin the switch from "standby" to "on", and running.

"tubetime86"
This wasnt even a cool story... Bro.
HOGD!

I love it how it is, I wouldn't change a thing
Main Rig:

Epiphone MKH Les Paul Custom 7 - Ronda
Ibanez RG8 "Scarlet" - AKA The Rambanez
Fender Strat "Danielle"/"Dani"
Line 6 POD HD Pro
Randall XL 4x12

Come join us...

Purchase list: Jim Root Tele, Jim Root Jazzmaster, MTM20
Man. Older Ibanez guitars blow the newer ones out of the water.
Quote by FatalGear41
In the end, the only question is: what bass would Jesus play?

I think he's a Fender Jazz guy.
Awesome guitar man. I'd swap in a set of Dimarzio's if I were planning on modding anything and call it a day.
1987 Ibanez Jem 777LNG #124
2012 Herc Fede PMC Jem
1987 Ibanez RG550 Road Flare Red-R
Marshall JCM-1 W/Lead 12 Cab.
Wampler, Ibanez, MXR, Morley Pedals
Quote by Soccerguy
Nice Guitar!

That's what I want man here's an example:

Last edited by Frak at Jan 20, 2013,